Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075451 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12675 on: October 11, 2012, 02:08:38 am »

I'm just going to reiterate how the Rosario + Vampire animes are unwatchable due to infinite panty shots.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: October 11, 2012, 03:12:26 am »

Higurashi and GITS qualify as light fan-service compared to the 3 i mentioned. Naked boobs popping out at you repeatedly.

Well Erotic Animes are a bit... more then Fanservicey >_<

That's what makes Divergence Eve such an odd show, there's basically no situations, comedy or dialogue related to sex at all, so the blatant fan-service feels very "tacked on" compared to other shows where it's part of the plot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: October 11, 2012, 03:19:32 am »

So basically Divergence Eve has Marchen Awakens Romance type Fanservice.

With the Spring Loaded breasts and Fetish battles. (The Spring Loaded breasts still bug me a lot... WHY are they there!?!)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: October 11, 2012, 03:25:06 am »

There is one anime which has surprisingly little of that, considering it has plenty of female characters.
Last Exile is the one I'm talking about.
I highly recommend it as one of the best out there.
Well there is one slight scene with some guy stripped naked, but he at least covers up his parts.
And the scene only lasts a few seconds.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: October 11, 2012, 03:36:53 am »

There is one anime which has surprisingly little of that, considering it has plenty of female characters.
Well there is one slight scene with some guy stripped naked, but he at least covers up his parts.

That's such an odd thing to say Ultimah. I mean, yeah, Last Exile is plenty recommendable, but it's not like female characters and fanservice were meant to go hand in hand, and that it's a novelty when they don't.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: October 11, 2012, 03:40:13 am »

That's such an odd thing to say Ultimah. I mean, yeah, Last Exile is plenty recommendable, but it's not like female characters and fanservice were meant to go hand in hand, and that it's a novelty when they don't.
True.. I might have said it in a weird way.. sorry for that.
Not exactly what i meant tough.  :P

Yeah I do tend to trip on the words I say, or write.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:55 am »

Just finished Sora no Woto, it just got better as it went along. Adding it to my "top" list of slice of life type shows which includes Kino's Journey, Aria, and Haibane Renmei. That makes 4 really awesome slice of life shows I've seen now.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: October 11, 2012, 09:32:03 am »

Nothing makes me happier than when I can watch something and not have to deal with a single panty shot or breast grab.
It's the part of anime that makes it embarrassing to even admit you watch it in the first place.

Totally agree.  :-\

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: October 11, 2012, 10:37:21 am »

Nothing makes me happier than when I can watch something and not have to deal with a single panty shot or breast grab.
It's the part of anime that makes it embarrassing to even admit you watch it in the first place.

Totally agree.  :-\

I just dislike it because it is almost always HORRIBLY mixed in with it. Often becoming just a scene that puts weird emphasis on something that SHOULDN'T BE THE FOCUS!

Why in the WORLD is the fact that the woman's breasts are jiggling, as the camera is telling me, important in this death scene?

Why is her butt so important? am I supposed to notice something about her butt? Is this metal gear solid all of a sudden?

WHAT the heck? Why did her breasts suddenly jiggle... she isn't even moving!

Pervyness that makes sense, follows along with the story, and mixes with a scene... are alright I can ignore it. Unfortunately the only animes that have that are almost ALWAYS perverted.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: October 11, 2012, 10:39:26 am »

It's even worse when you realise how young that character might be.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: October 11, 2012, 11:02:17 am »

It's even worse when you realise how young that character might be.

It's even worse when you have to realize that a panel of grown men and potentially women had to have had a storyboard meeting, and they looked at the flipbook of the boobs going in a perpetual circular motion, and then said the Japanese equivalent to "Yep".

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:37 pm »

Dunno, ecchi scenes themself are not as annoying for me as their predictability and total cliche. Most of the time I can predict exact words each character will say. In japanese.
Plus, for some unknown reason anime-makers believe that all these ecchi-scenes should be accompanied with violence towards male character. Seriously, harem/romance titles where main character is never slapped or punched or kicked are so rare that even this single fact makes them stand out.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:51 pm »

Dunno, ecchi scenes themself are not as annoying for me as their predictability and total cliche. Most of the time I can predict exact words each character will say. In japanese.
Plus, for some unknown reason anime-makers believe that all these ecchi-scenes should be accompanied with violence towards male character. Seriously, harem/romance titles where main character is never slapped or punched or kicked are so rare that even this single fact makes them stand out.

Well it's mostly a problem for me because I tend to watch shows with other people, which means you all get to sit around awkwardly for about half a minute silently and not know what to say. When you are alone you can just try and ignore it for the most part.

It's annoying to have to caveat everything with "It's really good but there will be out of nowhere, terrible fanservice scenes so try and push past that."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: October 12, 2012, 10:13:20 am »

Most of the time I can predict exact words each character will say. In japanese.
See also: tsunderes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:03 am »

By the way, thanks for mentioning Sora no Woto, Reelya. I needed something short to watch.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 2193