Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075663 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12630 on: October 06, 2012, 06:40:09 am »

Just started watching this show "Bodacious Space Pirates"  it wasn't on my list of anime to watch, but I came across it and watched an episode and it seemed pretty good, so I'm going to watch it all the way through.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: October 06, 2012, 06:54:42 am »

^ Yeah, a few people have said Moretsu Pirates is good, i have it d/l'd already, probably will be seeing that within a few weeks.

Right now i'm halfway through Bakuman season 2. Before that I watched Mermaid's Forest. That was pretty freaky.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:56:17 am by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: October 06, 2012, 07:32:27 am »

You do it at a very young age so you don't get scars. It isn't a procedure you do on an adult. I think you do them on babies though.
That's all well and good but why the hell would you do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: October 06, 2012, 03:47:16 pm »

You do it at a very young age so you don't get scars. It isn't a procedure you do on an adult. I think you do them on babies though.
That's all well and good but why the hell would you do that.

I don't know. It is either because it looks good

or due to the standard "Parents Maiming their children on the basis of some percieved future benefit"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:32 am »

Decided to finally start Shingeki no Kyojin now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy fuck awesome

This started in 2010 too, the praise is well deserved.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: October 07, 2012, 12:33:31 am »

GOD DAMN BETA TITANS
Holy fuck awesome
You get used to the artwork. The Titans are doing far better than the BETA too seeing as they're what's left of humanity (monstrous regeneration helps though). Though they may look goofy, it really dawns on the reader the characters & humanity's nightmarish situation.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: October 07, 2012, 12:41:39 am »

GOD DAMN BETA TITANS
Holy fuck awesome
You get used to the artwork. The Titans are doing far better than the BETA too seeing as they're what's left of humanity (monstrous regeneration helps though). Though they may look goofy, it really dawns on the reader the characters & humanity's nightmarish situation.
Well obviously it's their lack of mecha.  I feel pretty happy with continuing this.  I need some plot-stimuli after hours of Majikoi...maji maji

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12637 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:32 am »

"A Little Snow Fairy Sugar" (Aka Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar)

"Will all the little sugar babies please jump up, please jump up, please jump up?" Now I know the anime source for that scene of AMV Hell! Thanks.

So apparently Gunslinger Girl has just ended, finished, done, terminus est, etc. at 15 volumes 100 chapters....F&^% Yeah~

MUST... VISUALLY... DEVOUR...
Now if only Black Lagoon would get its ass back in gear... I need the correct dosage of gunznexploznz.

Almost done with Fate/stay night. I've got like 1/3rd of the last route left to go. It's been one hell of a ride. Although I really liked what the second route had, I think I've been most emotionally impacted by the first route. We'll see about this last one.

After FSN, a friend is going to force me to Tsukihime, which probably means after that I'll be gorging on the rest of the Nasuverse. In the mean time, I've got to watch Code Geass: Nunally in Wonderland, finish Moribito, finish Baccano!, watch that Eureka 7 sequel thing, watch NGE: Rebuild 3 whenever I can possibly manage, watch Nisemonogatari, finish Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the Dead... SO MANY THINGS TO FINISH.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: October 08, 2012, 06:14:38 am »

Friends don't force other friends to Tsukihime.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: October 08, 2012, 06:47:37 am »

Indeed...true friends go the extra mile and go with "subtle manipulation". Nothing like a well planned & time consuming brainwashing to show you care.

Started watching some of the latest seasons new shows...found some entertaining ones. Guess I'll also soon find out what all the hype is about Little Busters!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: October 08, 2012, 01:23:39 pm »

I've been playing the Wanko route in Majikoi the last few days.  I've been enjoying it for the most part.  I felt like making this progress post to list my thoughts, share some images, pretty much the usual.  Also because I had to stop myself at a really good point and relish in the satisfaction and not lose half my write-up.
N-no I don't really care still.  My biggest praise is the large character interactions and relationships.

PRE-EDIT:
I lost this fucking post half-way through making it so I had a little hissy-fit but I think I'm okay now.

EDIT:
Oh yay, one of the "leaving the game" scenes has Asahina Mikuru's VA (Yukie) saying "That's classified information" to Kyon's VA (Jun).  I felt bad for immediately getting the joke.

EDITX2:
Read volume 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin.
This is suppose to be the best manga ever right.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:04:34 am by ToonyMan »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: October 08, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »

Indeed...true friends go the extra mile and go with "subtle manipulation". Nothing like a well planned & time consuming brainwashing to show you care.

Started watching some of the latest seasons new shows...found some entertaining ones. Guess I'll also soon find out what all the hype is about Little Busters!
wait they made a anime for Little Busters! ?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: October 09, 2012, 01:52:21 am »

It's the happening thing, so happening that i think only the first episode was aired last week.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: October 09, 2012, 03:08:26 am »

It's the happening thing, so happening that i think only the first episode was aired last week.
:O

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: October 09, 2012, 04:57:47 am »

I finally finished up Busou Renkin. I really enjoyed that for the little positive action shonen it was. I thought it could have been way more ambitious than it chose to be, seeing as how the series wraps up by basically going "aaaand Happy ending! Good night folks!"

It was really kinda disappointing just how smoothly everything wrapped up in the end, like all the conflict that had been happening for the last 15 eps could've been avoided entirely, but the characters just decided to playfight it out until the last second then kiss and make up.

Still, really love that opening theme song. The entire series was worth watching just for how awesome that one tune is.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2193