Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055948 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2008, 05:41:46 am »

I got and watched a dozen episodes then it bored me. What annoyed me the most is that the criminal is always remaining at the scene, that almost no evidence would hold in court and that the criminal always admit the crime when found out. Had they not they would probably have gotten out of court due to lack of evidence.

In general 100+ series are crap unless you have a special liking for the main theme i guess, like if you're interested in Go you'd might like Hikaru no Go, or sports for any other sports anime.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 06:55:10 am by Ivefan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2008, 09:18:19 am »

Goodness don't forget all the times Detective Conan's solution is quite frankly impossible and unrealistic.

Such as the time he deduced
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2008, 09:57:51 am »

I liked that anime, but it let me down when I missed the last episode.
AFTER ALL THAT WAITING!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2008, 09:59:51 am »

I like Conan too... The ONLY series around her that gets on TV is either an action series or some kiddy Hamtaro show.

Sure Conan has SOME fighting but it is in the background... There could be no more fights and the show would be the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2008, 06:00:19 pm »

I've dabbled in the whole anime/manga thing, but I've never really seen anything that's held my interest. I watched some DBZ and Dragonball back when everyone was crazy about it, but if I didn't see any episodes for a couple weeks then a brief summary of what happened from my friends would suffice. Same with One Piece. As far as manga goes, I read some Detective Conan and some Fullmetal Alchemist but lost interest after like thirty chapters of each.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2008, 06:05:09 pm »

I see you changed your avatar pic Hawkfrost, it used to be a Prinny. How ya doin on Disgaea? I think i've told you this already, but i've played Disgaea to death and back.

Just Disgaea though, not any of it's sequals.

Now its Mid-boss, because he is my second fave Disgaea character after Etna.

In Disgaea I am taking my time, so far I am at Chapter 7.
Damn, who designed this chapter?!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2008, 06:56:35 pm »

Ha, thats a good chapter, and don't worry, the level designs get crazier and crazier.

Another good anime to look into is Hajime No Ippo. It's a boxing anime, and it is indeed very epic. It stretches logic ALOT but the awesome fights more than make up for it.

The only bad things i can remember about it, is that although the main character is one of the most physically strong people on the show, he is a giant, incredible pussy when it comes to women. Hell, he only has one love interest, and bagging her would be a SNAP if he tried for even an instant. It goes without saying that these portions are headache inducing at best. Good thing the fights are awesome, and that's where it counts. Also, the anime ends rather abruptly and at odd episode. The show is very faithful to the manga though, and i'd recommend it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2008, 03:52:10 pm »

I admit I like the anime Mermaid Melody.

Oddly the Italians took it and made their own Dub... However it all went downhill

The problem isn't that they made their own songs, which was pretty cool, the problem is that they didn't have the budget to make more songs.

I counted the songs and in the first season they cut half the songs out of the original Mermaid Melody
The Second Season only had like 1/3rd the total songs (While every villain had 1-2 songs in Japanese... the Italian version only had 1 song period)

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »

Air gear an odd blend of pervy and action/battles. It starts slow but gains awsome as it goes. But my second favorite is still Histories strongest disciple kenichi the battles oh the battles.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2008, 02:16:48 am »

I know it's been mentioned a lot already, but I loved DragonBall, and DBZ right up until after Namek got blown up. I think the whole annoyingly long Frieza battles would have been easier to tolerate if they didn't end up basically in the middle of the series. I kinda wish the show had just ended with Goku dying on Namek. I could probably babble on about it longer, but I'll stop talking about it here.

Full Metal Alchemist was a lot of fun, but after watching the first twelve episodes I got really depressed (which is odd for me, I'd never had that kind of reaction to a story before) and had to stop watching it. I recommend it, if you can take the near-constant soul-flogging, though.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02:59 am »

Yeah full metal is the only anime I've watched that make you feel like a bad person because its so deep and heartfelt.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2008, 04:59:02 am »

just type in genres like

romantic comedy

action

harem

and then anime into google and click on the wikipedia link. huge lists

Romantic comedy anime

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2008, 08:15:15 am »

harem

Some of us have children sir.

And FMA is good, but a tinge long.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2008, 11:51:17 am »

Yeah full metal is the only anime I've watched that make you feel like a bad person because its so deep and heartfelt.

Ehhh I already had Philosophy class to do that to me :D. FullMetal Alchemist has NOTHING on my Teachers!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2008, 01:16:09 pm »

harem just means that 3 or more people have a crush on one person
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 2193