Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076084 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12510 on: September 23, 2012, 02:18:59 am »

Watching Tasogare Otome x Amnesia because i thought the premise might be interesting, unfortunately, the plot and execution (other than the art, which is nice) are a bit sub-par. In theory it's a ghost story + romance, actually it's more plain old highschool club + ecchi harem slapstick stuff, with cleavage shots, accidental boob grabs etc. Nowhere near Rosario+Vampire, but it definitely falls in the fan-service genre.

think "Haruhi" but she's a ghost who runs the paranormal club, with 2 members who can see her and one who can't (and is the source of many "ghost stories" which mostly turn out to be caused by the club president, at least in the first half of the season, i'm getting to some freaky episodes now, i hope something more weird happens).

EDIT: well that wasn't too bad, the show got a lot more serious in the 2nd half, and had a reasonable (if predictable) resolution to all the main plot points. I wasn't 100% in favor of how it did end though. 3/5 for the show. not genius, but not really horrible either. Just average, but i did find the visual design very pleasant.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:51:51 pm by Reelya »

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: September 23, 2012, 09:51:33 am »

I recommend Bakemonogatari to anyone. If you want to understand why it begins the way it does, read the light novel Kizumonogatari. The intro of Bakemonogatari is a brief overview of that.

Might I suggest Nisemonogatari, the sequel (of sorts), featuring gratuitous amounts of fanservice without actually hurting the plot.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: September 24, 2012, 10:51:03 pm »

Somebody is too busy.

Finished Mizuha's Chapter and Chapter 4 of G-senjou no Maou.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My expectations are at least expecting something?  I mean I actually enjoyed Sharin no Kuni's last chapter and Maou has been varying in quality the entire game so.

I read volume 10 of DKaiji and volume 5 of part 2 of Gambling Apocalypse Legend Emperor God Zero.  I love Fukumoto and FKMTkrazy and Hox.
Spoiler: DKaiji (click to show/hide)

...I'm still missing Muv-Luv Alternative.  ;_;  I thought I would be over it after a month but nooooo my soul I defused my soul.

I'm about half done with the first Full Metal Panic! season?  I'm on the 2nd serious arc...it's okay.  I just feel like it borders on mediocrity but has this charming touch that stops me from stopping.

Pluto is quite good.  I've been trying to juggle Pluto and god knows my other manga.  I always felt strange towards Naoki Urasawa works because they either really touch me or feel kind of silly.  Monster and Pluto really touched me.  20th Century Boy and Billy Bat are like...okay step back for a minute.

I started the main game of YU-NO.  If you've played you'll know what I mean.  I feel like I'm going to get stuck a lot.

To flesh out my english demo collection I got Aiyoku no Eustia too.  It looks pretty good, from what I've seen it certainly gives me a better first impression than...Grisaia.  Where's Subahibi and Higanbana 2?  Or Mahoyo and Rose Guns Days?  ;_;

Lastly, I watched the Corpse Party OVA out of sheer curiosity of what Asread could do with 10 minutes.

Not much.
It could woooork???

I've also been idly reading Utsuro no Hako on Baka-Tsuki because its high ratings in the horror genre on manga-updates interested me.  So far it's been okay.  I'm on chapter 27753rd time.

There are other things but why waste your time, they'd be stretching the anime topic too far anyway...

Keep your eye out for the 2nd Berserk movie subs.  The DVDs should be out soon.

*Slips back into slider space*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: September 25, 2012, 07:08:44 pm »

Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls - the visual design on this show is frikkin' awesome, it's just a shame that everything else in the show sucks. -_-, at least it's only 12 episodes.

EDIT: verdict: too fan-servicey / ecchi, but a lot better than similar shows like Sekirei & Ikkitousen because the artwork and battles are so damn stylized and pretty.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:55:24 am by Reelya »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »

HFS AWA is this weekend

Theres a wtf is homestuck panel and that new ME anime screening and anime hell and a rave on saturday night and a SSBB tourney and NNNNGGGGGHHGHGHHH THE HYPE WILL NEVER STOP

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: September 25, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

My expectations are at least expecting something?  I mean I actually enjoyed Sharin no Kuni's last chapter and Maou has been varying in quality the entire game so.
Well, last chapter (the part where hell breaks loose) of Maou is awesome, so I advice to keep reading.
...I'm still missing Muv-Luv Alternative.  ;_;  I thought I would be over it after a month but nooooo my soul I defused my soul.
I know that feeling. Finished MLA 2 monthes ago, but still re-reading some of its chapters occasionally. It definitely left significant impact, even with mediocre ending.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: September 25, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »

Wow that was pretty fun f-f-f---funambulist.  Started Chapter 5 of G-senjou no Maou expecting something and that's exactly what I got.
I extended this by a bit more than I thought I would.

EDIT:
Well, last chapter (the part where hell breaks loose) of Maou is awesome, so I advice to keep reading.
Nice timing.

I know that feeling. Finished MLA 2 monthes ago, but still re-reading some of its chapters occasionally. It definitely left significant impact, even with mediocre ending.
I admit to doing this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:23:50 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: September 26, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

I just realised this a few weeks ago

But changing Usagi (Sailor Moon)'s name from... well.. Usagi to Serena was actually a very intelligent localisation.

Since her name of Usagi was actually moon based and couldn't be translated into english

So they did the next best thing and gave her a moon based name "Serena" with her mother having the name of "Serenity" which is a location on the moon.

I feel dumb

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: September 26, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »

I just realised this a few weeks ago

But changing Usagi (Sailor Moon)'s name from... well.. Usagi to Serena was actually a very intelligent localisation.

Since her name of Usagi was actually moon based and couldn't be translated into english

So they did the next best thing and gave her a moon based name "Serena" with her mother having the name of "Serenity" which is a location on the moon.

I feel dumb
When dubbing works.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »

Umm, i'm pretty sure Usagi means rabbit (i.e. her name translates as "bunny"), nothing to do with the moon, which is Tsuki.

BTW her full name is "Usagi Tsukino" which would be written in Japanese name order as:

Tsuki-no Usagi

Sounding that out would literally mean "rabbit of the moon" / "Moon Rabbit"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:22:59 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: September 26, 2012, 06:18:12 pm »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: September 26, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »

Thx Darvi, i knew enough to translate it, but didn't know Moon Rabbit was a "thing".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: September 26, 2012, 07:21:48 pm »

Thx Darvi, i knew enough to translate it, but didn't know Moon Rabbit was a "thing".

You need to watch more Full Moon Wo Sagashite... or Dragon Ball... or Hetalia... or play Okami.

Actually watch that Full Moon one... or else!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:35:23 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: September 26, 2012, 08:11:02 pm »

I'm skeptical about Full Moon, but i guess can't hurt to check an episode or 2 out.

Damn 52 episodes, that'd have to wait until i watch all my < 26 episode ones, so maybe be seeing that in 2014 ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:17:28 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: September 26, 2012, 11:28:55 pm »

I'm skeptical about Full Moon, but i guess can't hurt to check an episode or 2 out.

Damn 52 episodes, that'd have to wait until i watch all my < 26 episode ones, so maybe be seeing that in 2014 ;)

I am very used to that response

It unfortunately has a very unfortunate episode count.

It is too long to be a medium length anime... yet not long enough to be a long one.

Meaning it is too long for anyone who wants to get through an anime... yet too short for anyone who wants to watch something truely long.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 2193