Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076971 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12495 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:17 pm »

Wait...you haven't seen Full Metal Panic yet? Do it. Do it now...watch it in order of season.
Woah I wasn't expecting that, you make it sound like it's worth watching.  I was only curious because the jarring genre switching reminded me of Muv-Luv.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »

Wait...you haven't seen Full Metal Panic yet? Do it. Do it now...watch it in order of season.
Woah I wasn't expecting that, you make it sound like it's worth watching.  I was only curious because the jarring genre switching reminded me of Muv-Luv.
The serious seasons, certainly. The fanservice/fluff season is take-it-or-leave-it, but does have a few funny moments.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: September 18, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

Definitely an enjoyable series. Got a good dose of action, comedy & serious stuff.
The serious seasons, certainly. The fanservice/fluff season is take-it-or-leave-it, but does have a few funny moments.
" A few"? Huh. Personally, I got a laugh pretty much every episode. FMP! Fumoffu (the 2nd season) for me is pretty much all the funny stuff turned up & laced with happy drugs. 3rd season goes back w/ the source materials serious stuff (but still had some fun).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: September 18, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »

For me it mostly depended on the mood I was in, and it was a while back, so my judgement might be off. Certainly there was a lot of d'aww.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: September 18, 2012, 10:24:05 pm »

Yeah I watched the first few episodes of the first season.  The manga is written pretty differently but the characters and settings are identical.  It's still pretty entertaining and the large alterations keep things fresh.  Also I don't know why but man...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is pretty nice.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »

" A few"? Huh. Personally, I got a laugh pretty much every episode. FMP! Fumoffu (the 2nd season) for me is pretty much all the funny stuff turned up & laced with happy drugs. 3rd season goes back w/ the source materials serious stuff (but still had some fun).
Fumoffu is a season? I always thought it was a separate spinoff.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »

Fumoffu is a season? I always thought it was a separate spinoff.
its big enough to be considered a season but yea a spinoff

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: September 19, 2012, 08:21:38 am »

I recommend Bakemonogatari to anyone. If you want to understand why it begins the way it does, read the light novel Kizumonogatari. The intro of Bakemonogatari is a brief overview of that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »

I started watching Busou Renkin. Holy shit is this just the epitome of awesomely cheesy shonen action.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12504 on: September 21, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »

More reason to watch Bakemonogatari: Gabriel Blessing's crossover fic Honor Thy Masters.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: September 21, 2012, 05:09:03 pm »

Anybody happen to know if Fairy Tail picks up at all?  Its not directly offending my sensibilities like a lot of anime does, but for an anime about wizards its been a little boring so far.  Its got like 150 or so episodes, so it must get better though, right?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12506 on: September 21, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »

Anybody happen to know if Fairy Tail picks up at all?  Its not directly offending my sensibilities like a lot of anime does, but for an anime about wizards its been a little boring so far.  Its got like 150 or so episodes, so it must get better though, right?

Read the manga, it gets a bit silly and less silly in some aspects. There are some pretty epic fights (if I imagine the action in my mind, since manga), but I'm not sure if that justifies it.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: September 22, 2012, 01:51:22 pm »

I just watched Steins;Gate, and I'm glad I did. that was a very entertaining watch. It's definitely one that takes a little while to heat up and see where things are headed, but i found the journey worthwhile and it's one of the few shows i might watch a second time someday, because of the strength of the narrative in the second half (i still have dozens of shows here to try out)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: September 22, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

I will be watching that on bluray with the guys on tuesday

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »

Holy shit, I regret not watching shin-chan the first chance I got. First good laugh I've had all year.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 2193