Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076999 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12480 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

I just finished Pumpkin Scissors last night. I'll say I found it enjoyable, though a bit too short for what was covered. Even though it ended on a high note, there was enough up in the air that it seemed like this was intended to be a season finale rather than a series finale.

Not to say that it was an unsatisfactory ending. It left me feeling that the Pumpkin Scissors are perfectly capable of accomplishing their goal of rooting out corruption in the military. I just wish I could see how they do it. It's kind of like the ending of Firefly, in that I'm left with a bunch of unanswered questions, though I don't blame the show for that; I suspect executive meddling or some sort of budgetary problems.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: September 16, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

Tl;dr I wish to get recommended an anime that fulfills most of these properties: Smarts-driven fights, distinctive character design (please avoid run of the mill everything-orbits-around-the-male-lead-and-the-female-lead-is-a-tsundere), does not take itself 110% seriously.
I liked Bakemonogatari
What.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: September 16, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

I'm trying to convince a friend to check out code geass but the official trailer sucks and all the fan made ones ive seen are seething spoilers. Anyone have a trailer without spoilers?

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: September 16, 2012, 06:39:41 pm »

So it turns out that Only Yesterday is an extremely touching little piece of animation. You wouldn't think I'd tolerate just watching some lady talk and reminisce for a solid two hours, especially when her life was really ordinary, but it was actually pretty entertaining.

I liked t
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
Code Geass
« Reply #12484 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

What have you told your friend about the series so far? Do they know that it's got a great english dub and the whole robot thing is just about irrelevant asfar as the plot goes?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: September 16, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »

So according to my dice game I've decided to watch 5cm a Second. It's very good! Though I wish it had a happier ending, cause the current one feels almost contrived in it's untied up morose ending.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: September 16, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

The Place Promised In Our Early Days is also good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:48 pm »

I'm on volume 3 of Full Metal Panic!
What why what this is silly

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: September 18, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

I take it you've watched the show too or will be when you're done?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:23 pm »

Heheh. I need to reread FMP!. I'm just waiting to see the reaction when Toony gets to that scene with

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: September 18, 2012, 03:53:09 pm »

So according to my dice game, just recently I watched Bihada Ichizoku, a show about fashion shows and being a pretty and beautiful (read: creepy and doll-like) barbie girl-stereotype. It was one of those toy mini shows where each ep is only about 8-9 minutes long. It was REALLY SUPER dumb, but it was charming and had a real sense of humor near the end. I can't remember why this was even in my roster, but hey it only took about an hour or two to finish the whole series off.

Plus, that was an amazingly deep voice that the main character's mentor had, and because the anime is so obscure, I needed a bit more google-fu than usual to find out it's Takayuki Sugou. So awesome just listening to him, almost comparable to Norio Wakamoto.

Note: Takayuki is the narrator for TTGL.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: September 18, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

Plus, that was an amazingly deep voice that the main character's mentor had, and because the anime is so obscure, I needed a bit more google-fu than usual to find out it's Takayuki Sugou. So awesome just listening to him, almost comparable to Norio Wakamoto.
It's a shame you haven't done anything with Jouji Nakata aka every Type-Moon antagonist.

I have a whole bunch of manga downloaded so I take stabs at random ones just to test the waters.  I'm also kind of interested in checking out Sigma I suppose, haven't watched anything.  I know KyoAni did an anime of FMP! that doesn't have any mecha or something?  Not that is matters because from what I've seen so far they're pretty uuugly and the writing is weird.

Like last night I decided to finally start Pluto and read the first three chapters.  I'm pretty impressed so far.  This is probably lame to compare due to my poor literacy but it reminds me of I, Robot and by that I mean the huge Will Smith movie and not anything that amazing...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: September 18, 2012, 06:24:34 pm »

Oh you're thinking of the fanservice season

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »

Tl;dr I wish to get recommended an anime that fulfills most of these properties: Smarts-driven fights, distinctive character design (please avoid run of the mill everything-orbits-around-the-male-lead-and-the-female-lead-is-a-tsundere), does not take itself 110% seriously.
I liked Bakemonogatari
What.

Some anime kinda gives off the impression that the animators were taking LSD.

Bakemonogatari gives off the impression that the animators were taking something more along the lines of heroin
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »

It's a shame you haven't done anything with Jouji Nakata aka every Type-Moon antagonist.
Rejoice young man!
Wait...you haven't seen Full Metal Panic yet? Do it. Do it now...watch it in order of season.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 2193