Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077284 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12390 on: September 03, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »

Not exactly the typical VN, but I just finished To the Moon.
If you liked True Remembrance, you need to get this.
I have both of these but haven't really played muuuch.  To The Moon looks better of the two but really, I feel like I just wouldn't give a shit playing either.

Still boring 60% of the time
But 60% ain't bad actually if the 40% is really good.
Yeah I agree.  I would probably wage the 40% as 'decent' as I've said.  It really does bring up the question of "is it worth it?" though.  There's not really any reason they couldn't try to be interesting all the time unless the interesting parts are interesting sheer-ly by chance (which I feel is shockingly high).

Also from what I've seen the boring parts are almost universally focused near the beginning or 'sides'.  If you find the main plot boring and you're quite a ways into the story you might need to question what the heck you're doing.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: September 03, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

Not exactly the typical VN, but I just finished To the Moon.
If you liked True Remembrance, you need to get this.
I have both of these but haven't really played muuuch.  To The Moon looks better of the two but really, I feel like I just wouldn't give a shit playing either.
I don't think it's very much in your style. It's interesting and has a cool premise, but it is sappy romance at heart.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: September 03, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »

I don't think it's very much in your style. It's interesting and has a cool premise, but it is sappy romance at heart.
Well, from what we've seen of his past VN's...if there isn't any deep mystery, sudden twists, and bloody murder somewhere, he'll get bored of it.
Hah, FABULOUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:15 pm »

Well, from what we've seen of his past VN's...if there isn't any deep mystery, sudden twists, and bloody murder somewhere, he'll get bored of it.
What's the point otherwise.

Hah, FABULOUS
Wow that's a great image.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: September 03, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »

Somehow, FOR NO REASON, it reminds me of this anime thing I saw once where ALL the characters looked the same age.

It was really weird for characters who were supposed to be old, and look old, because they would try to achieve this by giving them mustach or eye liner... It just made them look weird.

Yet it STILL wasn't the worst "You could never tell the age of the characters by looking at them" anime I ever seen (the worst is still DG Karat)... though it wasn't an anime it was a Anime styled RPG (Not inspired... it is supposed to be like an anime)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:54:36 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: September 04, 2012, 02:08:21 am »

So a few things.

I finished the rest of Chapter 3 of G-senjou no Maou now.  Again, decent is the best way to put it.  The intense scenes are generally intense at least.

I also finished the first LN volume of Index yesterday I think?  It wasn't a big deal or anything because I already read half of it quite a while ago.  Frankly I don't find the first arc very good/interesting.  The manga probably handled it the best, probably?  For me the best I've seen so far are two of the Railgun arcs (manga) and one of Index's arc (manga).  Don't think I could stomach the animes so I'll want to continue with the LN stuff while reading the mangas.

Anyway, here's what this post was really for (shockingly it's just gushing).

Daiteikoku, you bastards.
Uwaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yeah I didn't really have anything fulfilling to say here...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:10:37 am by ToonyMan »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: September 04, 2012, 02:38:03 am »

Is it just me, or are most visual novels about people turning serial killers? :X

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:14 am »

Probably most VN's are dating simulators (given the vast array of dating-sim based animes out there), not things about killers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:26 am »

So I was watching Pokemon today and Ash and Pokemon were running away from Bufolop (Bison Pokemon) and for part of the show I was going "Why are you running away, these are just wild pokemon, you have fought entire herds of wild pokemon before"

Then it used Volt Tackle and I went "ohhh... I can see why you were so afraid of them"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: September 04, 2012, 08:47:01 am »

Probably most VN's are dating simulators (given the vast array of dating-sim based animes out there), not things about killers.
And ToonyMan doesn't play the dating sims, leaving the stuff about killers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:44 am »

And ToonyMan doesn't play the dating sims, leaving the stuff about killers.

There are a LOT of visual novels that don't involve murder or dating.

It is just that... well... people who watch visual novels in AMERICA tend to want to watch a visual novel about brutally killing people in cool ways.

ALL AMERICANS ALL OF THEM!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:12:21 am by Neonivek »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: September 04, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »

Only a month until the first Magica Madoka movie is released!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: September 04, 2012, 03:38:05 pm »

Only a month until the first Magica Madoka movie is released!
This year is pretty great for films.  Berserk, Rebuild, Tiger & Bunny...

It is just that... well... people who watch visual novels in AMERICA tend to want to watch a visual novel about brutally killing people in cool ways.
ALL AMERICANS ALL OF THEM!
Yes this is exactly why.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:57 pm »

Im american and i don't do the violent killer VNs :I

though you can tell finding a good VN out thats not full on fanservice is really hard, which is why im better off making one.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: September 06, 2012, 03:58:54 am »

I've finished Angel Densetsu, and I'm going to have to recommend it to everyone here who enjoys the slice-of-life/action genre.
Tnx for this, I'm watching the OVA, very entertaining for a 2 ep series. Gotta love the guy's face :/ Might check out the manga one day.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:00:27 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2193