Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077564 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12300 on: August 23, 2012, 12:34:23 am »

Well don't forget that in some groups... blood and violence is all you are going to get

I remember one friend and the ONLY animes he would watch, and his friends, were all the gore ones. Elfen Lied, the anime about killer little girls and bullet proof wooden tables, and stuff.

There is STILL this anime from my childhood that I am never going to be able to tell what it is (in fact it could be two movies)

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: August 23, 2012, 02:04:29 am »

Well don't forget that in some groups... blood and violence is all you are going to get

I remember one friend and the ONLY animes he would watch, and his friends, were all the gore ones. Elfen Lied, the anime about killer little girls and bullet proof wooden tables, and stuff.

There is STILL this anime from my childhood that I am never going to be able to tell what it is (in fact it could be two movies)
The one about the killer little girls was probably Gunslinger Girl. Which wasn't actually that gory, if I recall.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:28 am »

The one about the killer little girls was probably Gunslinger Girl. Which wasn't actually that gory, if I recall.
No elfen lied had little girls with invisible hands that blew up humans into blood.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: August 23, 2012, 02:35:24 am »

That does actually sound like what happens in episode 1 of Gunslinger Girl now that I think about it. And the dates match, Elfen Lied 2004, Gunslinger Girl 2003-2004

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: August 23, 2012, 04:58:58 am »

I'm like 1/3 or close to half way through Samuria Champloo. And I'm thinking of finishing it. BUt before I do, do they ever find the sunflower samuria?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: August 23, 2012, 05:30:01 am »

I'm like 1/3 or close to half way through Samuria Champloo. And I'm thinking of finishing it. BUt before I do, do they ever find the sunflower samuria?
Weird question. Why do you want/need to know?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sword of the Stranger
Yet another thing I've been meaning to get around to. Don't know much about it, but from what I've seen the fight scenes look amazing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: August 23, 2012, 06:20:48 am »

Weird question. Why do you want/need to know?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd just be pissed if the entire 'call to adventure' was bullshit.

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: August 24, 2012, 12:30:17 am »

Done with Cowboy Bebop episode 24.

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SAD NOW

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:40 am »

Well here is a obscure anime I don't know but I'd be VERY VERY thankful if anyone knew what it was (it is one anime that could actually be two anime)

One has a virtual popstar AI... but they find out it actually has no AI it is actually a real singer

Another has a scene where a war is starting to the military actually orders all the food in a super market and actually says to buy anything that is edible... (COULD be the same movie)

It also has a Plane that they digitally enhance and it becomes two different aircrafts.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: August 24, 2012, 01:32:05 am »

dear god it just got sadder

oh hey, the movie is actually a movie and not a clip show like every single other anime movie ever

guess i get to watch that soon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: August 24, 2012, 01:58:44 am »

One has a virtual popstar AI... but they find out it actually has no AI it is actually a real singer

Macross Plus OVA, Sharon Apple was the virtual singer. Though no wars occur in the OVA, the main action plot is about test pilots who used to be friends but are now working for rival corporations involved in selection for the next-gen fighter.

There probably is another anime your thinking of too, though Macross Plus matches the virtual singer plot line and has planes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:07:11 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: August 24, 2012, 02:04:59 am »

Macross Plus, Sharon apple

EDIT: unless there's another sci-fi anime that uses that plot.

I'll add that it is a anime movie.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: August 24, 2012, 02:07:44 am »

Macross Plus: Movie Edition

they already did that for you. Google is your friend.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: August 24, 2012, 02:08:40 am »

Macross Plus: Movie Version

they already did that for you. Google is your friend.

There are sort of no aliens in it... or space travel really...

Also the music includes some weird chorus that plays a lot in it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »

I'm currently enjoying the Guyver OVA. On ep 3 at the moment, but it's catching my interest because it's an oldschool badass anime, and I can shout "GUYYVAHH!" at the beginning of every episode, which just makes it much more enjoyable.

I have the Persona 4 anime in my possession, but every time I think of starting it up I remember how distasteful the game was at parts. Like, at certain parts of the game I was just clicking past the dialogue as fast as possible with my head held in my hand, it was just so painful to even read. It was really only the side stories present in the social links that made the game really enjoyable, and I don't know how much the anime will emphasize those touching little arcs, as opposed to the headdeskingly irritating "IMMA GET YOU BAD GUY CAUSE I'M THE GOOD GUY AND I GET THE BAD GUYS"-type dialogue that occurs in the main story.

Then there were other parts that just whored out whatever anime cliche that the creators probably picked out of tvtropes that day, such that at times I'm remarking to myself that "This is a jambayala of weeaboo cliches made into game form". It was really distasteful, in short.

I'll probably just remove it from my roster if the first episode doesn't immediately wow me.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2193