Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077607 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12270 on: August 21, 2012, 02:39:46 am »

Finished off all of Chapter 2 of G-Senjou no Maou along with the Tsubaki endings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

doraemon

EDIT:
Oh I finished part 1 of Jojo too.  I found myself nodding my head the entire time going "I will accept this".
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:47:06 am by ToonyMan »

bahcot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: August 21, 2012, 02:42:18 am »

doraemon
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:24:46 am by bahcot »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:52 am »

cowboy bebop episodes 14-20, reactions worth mentioning
Spoiler: 14 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 17 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 20 (click to show/hide)

Also, in general, I'm getting annoyed with one specific part of the art style. The hippo teeth. First off, I don't understand how those teeth are anatomically possible on humans and it's really annoying. Second, 100% of characters with hippo teeth are dumb thugs. I hate being able to instantly identify the bad guys that are going to die first by their teeth.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: August 21, 2012, 03:34:58 am »

In anime-esque news: I just finally finished off Persona 4, I started it about a week or so ago at a friend's cajoling at how good it was. I was immediately turned off at first by how the game seems to start by running in hands-off visual novel-style story mode for maybe a solid 2 hours with only a save point every half hour. My friend kept on assuring that it gets better, so that's the only reason I stuck with it.

And that's my summarized thoughts of the game.
... mere hours after I completed it. Coincidence? Nah.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:04 am »

Also, in general, I'm getting annoyed with one specific part of the art style. The hippo teeth. First off, I don't understand how those teeth are anatomically possible on humans and it's really annoying. Second, 100% of characters with hippo teeth are dumb thugs. I hate being able to instantly identify the bad guys that are going to die first by their teeth.
Brush your teeth, kids.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: August 21, 2012, 06:52:10 am »

I just finished watching "Mind Game" and I have to thank you for that recommendation.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: August 21, 2012, 11:24:31 am »

I just finished watching "Mind Game" and I have to thank you for that recommendation.
Yes~!

It makes me happy when someone checks out my recommendations!

Spoiler: Mind Game spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:29:03 am by Patchouli »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: August 21, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »

In anime-esque news: I just finally finished off Persona 4, I started it about a week or so ago at a friend's cajoling at how good it was. I was immediately turned off at first by how the game seems to start by running in hands-off visual novel-style story mode for maybe a solid 2 hours with only a save point every half hour. My friend kept on assuring that it gets better, so that's the only reason I stuck with it.

In related news, the true ending to the anime is being released tomorrow or something.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: August 21, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

Watching Hourou Musuko.
Its hard watching more than one episode without having a massive emotional breakdown. I need to listen to ambient black metal between episodes to keep my face from melting.
;~;
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: August 21, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »

In related news, the true ending to the anime is being released tomorrow or something.

I just finished the true ending to the game as well after looking up a walkthrough, and while I feel it made the ending however so marginally sweeter, the evil monologues that the secret final boss gives are truly deplorable. It's all a lot of bullshit logic that they've literally pulled out of nowhere just to sound smart, it's so irritating.

I mean, if you're gonna dive into batshit philosophy out of nowhere, take a page from SCRYED, they did it right the first time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: August 21, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

Goodness I am just loving Kenshin's Detective Conan Syndrome (that needs a better name).

He goes fishing... Fishing Thugs.

The second I start watching again... Fishing Thugs.

He already fought Circus and Drug ninjas. What helps this is that Kenshin's filler isn't boring.

---

On a side note... I was watching and apperantly one of the characters (not the dumb one) didn't know what a spoon was.

To my knowledge Japan has had Spoons for a LOT longer then the Edo period but they were uncommon due to the expense (It is why I don't feel guilty using forks and spoons in Japanese restaurants)

Japan check: How long has Japan had Forks and Spoons?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:47:38 pm by Neonivek »

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: August 22, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

Yes~!

It makes me happy when someone checks out my recommendations!

Spoiler: Mind Game spoilers (click to show/hide)

yes, the god scene was the best, and thats pretty much all I have to say about that..
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:33 am »

Second Japan check: What are people doing when they are scooping water on their front steps?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: August 22, 2012, 01:44:57 am »

Brush your teeth, kids.

It's not that they're missing any teeth. They have all their teeth when they open their mouths, say, because Spike is beating the crap out of them.

I don't know what ridiculous condition is causing their canine teeth to quadruple in size and lose their point.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: August 22, 2012, 07:39:14 am »

Second Japan check: What are people doing when they are scooping water on their front steps?
I think it's to minimize/makes it easier to clean dust outside their homes (understandable that most city folks have no idea what that is). And yes, though not as bad as others, he usually does run to unusual events that a good blunt sword to the face can fix (though in he's defense, a lot of those are ghosts from the past that are actively looking for him and not random happenstance).

Just finished the Berserk movie, it was nice but seeing it before lessened the experience. Also started The World God Only Knows again and currently in Volume 17...reality's faulty game rules still sucks according to Keima.

Trying to "clean up" some show Backlogs from TV & anime shows that just I keep piling up...will I ever touch a VN again? *sigh* My gaming backlogs are also becoming quite.....hefty.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2193