Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078099 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12150 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:27 am »

I'm about to start watching "Sword Art Online" anyone heard of it?

My brother sorta cajoled me into watching it. It's not too bad, although I find the premise behind the situation to be... weak.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: July 30, 2012, 07:52:25 am »

Yeah I want to see check out Muv-Luv Alternative but you need to play Extra and Unlimited first otherwise you're totally cheating.
Well yeah, it's the top rated VN on VNDB!  And when have those ratings ever let you down??

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:52 am »

well i went from animenetwork to crunchyroll, see if that was worth the change.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49:54 pm »

I'm about to start watching "Sword Art Online" anyone heard of it?
Love the Light Novels...enjoying the anime. If you enjoy the show, it would probably be wise to just finish the season if you feel like checking out the translated novels.
Yeah so far the anime has been doing side stories from volume 2.  GET THE ACTUAL PLOT NEXT SEASON FOLKS

EDIT:
Meiya route in Muv-Luv Extra.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was...better.

EDITX2:
I also finished Marimo's route and the two Normal Ends.  I am not doing the last three routes anytime soon.  On to Unlimited.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:34:41 am by ToonyMan »

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: July 31, 2012, 02:45:45 am »

I've been watching GitS:SAC on Netflix, and I'm 17 episodes in. The problem is, the pulling the entire Series is being pulled from Netflix on the first of August.
WHHHYYYYYYY???

Oh well, I guess I'll have to start watching something else.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:10 am »

hmm...finally got around to starting Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ... am I the only one who feels that this series is totally over-rated? I'm on episode 7, it's been totally cheesy shonen stuff so far. Right now it's sitting as my least favorite mecha show i've ever watched ... and I even watched Macross 7 :/

EDIT: I will finish the thing anyways just so I can say it's done, just maybe I'm not cut out for shonen (never liked DBZ either).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:06:05 am by Reelya »

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: July 31, 2012, 04:03:36 am »

At the very least, watch episode 8. I will say no more, ere spoilers be revealed.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: July 31, 2012, 05:14:52 am »

hmm...finally got around to starting Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ... am I the only one who feels that this series is totally over-rated? I'm on episode 7, it's been totally cheesy shonen stuff so far. Right now it's sitting as my least favorite mecha show i've ever watched ... and I even watched Macross 7 :/

EDIT: I will finish the thing anyways just so I can say it's done, just maybe I'm not cut out for shonen (never liked DBZ either).

You're not the only one. I watched it until the end but while there were some good episodes I wouldn't call it a good series. The end spirals into a string of ill-conceived revelations that were more random than anything with impact. Personally, I found the cheesiness to be one of the things which kept me watching. I'm a sucker for that sort of ridiculous humor.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: July 31, 2012, 12:39:43 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: July 31, 2012, 04:55:18 pm »

I've been watching GitS:SAC on Netflix, and I'm 17 episodes in. The problem is, the pulling the entire Series is being pulled from Netflix on the first of August.
WHHHYYYYYYY???

Oh well, I guess I'll have to start watching something else.
thats why i killed my subscription 3 months ago, netflix just sucks now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: July 31, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »

You're not the only one. I watched it until the end but while there were some good episodes I wouldn't call it a good series. The end spirals into a string of ill-conceived revelations that were more random than anything with impact. Personally, I found the cheesiness to be one of the things which kept me watching. I'm a sucker for that sort of ridiculous humor.
The cheesiness really is a large part of the point, though I thought the non-cheesiness was mostly well-done also.

The first half is definitely a lot better than the second, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: July 31, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »

At the very least, watch episode 8. I will say no more, ere spoilers be revealed.

<watches episode> "what's so special about this episode? gumph! humph! gumph! .... ahhh :o"

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:08 am »

I just finished watching all the episodes of Sword art online, it was really good, I can't wait for the next episode to come out.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: August 01, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »

My relationship with sword art online
Watches first two chapters - "Doesn't looks bad, but I guess it won't be a memorable anime"
Reads first light novel and part of the side stories - "Wow, this is quite good... Though they wasted some perfectly good plots... But still good nonetheless"
Continues watching chapters 3 and 4 as they come out - "Owww, the light novels did it better... I guess I'll lose interest after a while and drop it"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:18 am »

I finished Meiya's Normal End in Muv-Luv Unlimited.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy crap

I...okay

I'll probably go back and get every ending in Unlimited (and Extra, ugh).  But I'm too excited to finally being able to start Alternative.

Also Extra took me about 5 days to play.  Unlimited?  2.  I swear one session lasted 12 hours...

For anime I've watched the first six episodes of Tiger & Bunny.  I'm enjoying this a lot already.  I always wanted to check it out and it looks like I wasn't wrong...
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 2193