Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084473 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #11160 on: April 18, 2012, 06:41:32 pm »

So, anyone's opinions on MM! ?  Watched it awhile back and its...interesting to say the least

Edit:  And by interesting, I mean this

Spoiler: Yep... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:51:45 pm by empfan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: April 18, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »

Well I finished Persona 4

It was fine I guess... I did expect a bit more out of the ending.

To admit the stuff before the ending was pretty good.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: April 18, 2012, 06:58:48 pm »

Ahh finally got around to finishing Space Battleship Yamato (season 1). That anime has really aged well considering it was made 1974/1975, great battle sequences, spaceship animations, apocalyptic plot, and the soundtrack has some great music in it. Orchestral when needed and funky action music to match the flared spacesuits.

This is really evocative for me, I first saw it almost 30 years ago when I was a little kid as "star blazers", never saw the end. Been waiting 30 years for them to get to the goddamn planet Iscandar.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: April 18, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »

What ticked me off a bit was the fact that that was not the true ending :/

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: April 18, 2012, 10:54:25 pm »

So, anyone's opinions on MM! ?  Watched it awhile back and its...interesting to say the least

Edit:  And by interesting, I mean this

Spoiler: Yep... (click to show/hide)

Don't know much about MM!, aside from the fact that I know that the author's dead, courtesy of TvTropes.

Got around to watching Angel Beats!, and reached Ep. 9. My only complaint is that the show's too short, and because of that, almost everyone, barring Otonashi, Hinata, Angel, Yuri and Yui didn't receive any personality developments.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:10 pm »

Got around to watching Angel Beats!, and reached Ep. 9. My only complaint is that the show's too short, and because of that, almost everyone, barring Otonashi, Hinata, Angel, Yuri and Yui didn't receive any personality developments.

Yeah, I personally loved the show but that is the one problem with it. Sometimes shows go on too long, but this is one that needed to be like 20-25 episodes to fully flesh it out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »

Yeah, I personally loved the show but that is the one problem with it. Sometimes shows go on too long, but this is one that needed to be like 20-25 episodes to fully flesh it out.

I agree with this as well; they had an interesting enough premise and cast to make character development for pretty much everyone else feasible. Still a really well done emotional rollercoaster toward the end, though. That alone makes it worth a rewatch occasionally in my book. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I shouted with joy when the postcredit scene for the last episode came on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:21 am »

I agree with this as well; they had an interesting enough premise and cast to make character development for pretty much everyone else feasible. Still a really well done emotional rollercoaster toward the end, though. That alone makes it worth a rewatch occasionally in my book. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I shouted with joy when the postcredit scene for the last episode came on.
TK's history will forever be a mystery, he will always be the weird yet lovable english speaking guy that looked cool while shooting and break dancing. Is that a good thing? Maybe it is...because knowing the series, it would most likely be traumatizing and tear jerking...2 words you wouldn't associate with the guy (or he was already on his way to Heaven's Door from his awesome life and he just kinda' got lost along the way...who knows).

Well I finished Persona 4. It was fine I guess... I did expect a bit more out of the ending. To admit the stuff before the ending was pretty good.
Won't there be an extra episode/s along with the the final blu-ray/dvds? That may be the true ending.

Not having played it, I found the anime adaptation mainly "OK" without any gameplay nostalgia enhancement to back it up for me. It says a lot that I enjoyed their field trip episode to Persona3's setting more because it's the one that I actually played and the stuff like the BGM's did remind me of my playtimes.

Just finished Berserk Vol36 after a "reading marathon" from where I stopped. Some words that come to mind are "Magic is awesome", "F%$^%# Trolls" & "Berserk Batman!"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:00:49 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: April 19, 2012, 06:49:47 am »

The True Ending episode, titled No One alone, comes out some time in early August, as I recall.
くコ:彡

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: April 19, 2012, 06:55:54 am »

Would've made more sense to broadcast it last month, really.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: April 19, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »

The Bakuman manga is finally finished...

;A;

Gash Bell, MONSTER, Mahou Sensei Negima, Bakuman... And Naruto and Bleach are on their last legs too...
くコ:彡

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »

So, I finished Macross Frontier, which was a much better mecha anime than anticipated. I actually got a Kobo ereader a few months back, though -- so I haven't been watching much anime, but I've been reading a ridiculous number of light novels. The Kara no Kyoukai novels explain a bit more than the anime.

Also, I'm fully caught up with the Haruhi novels now, and dammit, KyoAni, make another season. I'm something like 10 novels into Zero no Tsukaima, and it's been a pretty terrible experience -- so then I started reading the To Aru Majutsu no Index novels, and I got to 14 volumes in after a week or so. They're markedly better, in both story/characters and translation quality, though there are still some errors every once in a while.

I rewatched Toradora and it was amazing and anyone with any interest in romance anime should definitely watch it. With the Fate/Zero blurays out, I finished the first season of that (those extra 10 minutes or so scattered across like 10 episodes were totally worth the wait!) and am pumped for season 2. Then I can read the novel.

Best anime of last season was probably Chihayfuru which had the best first 5 episodes of any anime I've watched ever.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: April 19, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »

The Kara no Kyoukai novels explain a bit more than the anime.
Excellent!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »

You can read the first two Fate/zero volumes if you've seen the first season.

EDIT:
I read all of DDD that's in English too.  I guess I can start reading Index.

23% in Remember11...I'll definitely have to share my thoughts on this one.

Also, I'm fully caught up with the Haruhi novels now, and dammit, KyoAni, make another season.
Yes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:36:03 pm by ToonyMan »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: April 20, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

So, I finished Macross Frontier, which was a much better mecha anime than anticipated.

Watch the Macross Zero OVA as well, if you liked that, though Zero is a lot more bleak. A couple of episodes/references in Frontier will make more sense too (plus a few character names etc).
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 2193