Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084540 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #11115 on: April 14, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »

I wish I could appear in front of Guts and give him a big hug.  I'm some ways into volume 28.

Will probably get my game on in Remember11 tonight too.

@empfan:
I really liked the song that plays in that scene.  Has shadow in it somewhere, pretty good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:35:46 pm by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »

Hey Toon, I started reading the Dangan Ronpa LP. It's pretty dang good so far. Only about 4 pages in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:57 pm »

Hey Toon, I started reading the Dangan Ronpa LP. It's pretty dang good so far. Only about 4 pages in.
FUCK YES

I mean gently caress YES

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

Finished watching Starship Troopers OVA. Was pretty decent. Deviated quite a bit from the book and ending was jarringly abrupt. Thumbs up for the battlesuits and music, though. What I really would have wanted more of was Mobile Infantry vs. Bug fights. This is animation, dammit, go nuts on the visuals of bug slaughter.

Will probably go for Area 88 as my next solo project. Should be interesting. My only other air-themed anime has been Last Exile. Which, while interesting and so far unique in many ways, left me wanting. The premise there didn't quite go where I would have liked it to go. We shall see if Area 88 suffers the same.
Area 88 is excellent, both in it's exceptionally realistic depiction of areial combat, and in the nearly complete lack of recyled animation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: April 15, 2012, 02:52:17 am »

Looking for some...insane animes, I mean Batshit insane.  Something along the lines of Pani Poni Dash with Cat God and random What the fucks as well as comedy and the such, or something like with Macademi Wasshoi, self explanatory if you've seen it. (The Flash Gordon angel is still burned in my mind)

Any recommendations?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: April 15, 2012, 03:24:55 am »

Looking for some...insane animes, I mean Batshit insane.  Something along the lines of Pani Poni Dash with Cat God and random What the fucks as well as comedy and the such, or something like with Macademi Wasshoi, self explanatory if you've seen it. (The Flash Gordon angel is still burned in my mind)

Any recommendations?
have you tried sitting around in /b/ and looking at passing images?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: April 15, 2012, 03:29:21 am »

Any recommendations?
have you tried sitting around in /b/ and looking at passing images?

Erm, what do you mean by /b/?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:56 am »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: April 15, 2012, 03:32:51 am »

Specifically, 4chan's random board.

It's full of random /b/astardry, as well as NSFW-ry.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:34 am »

I think I'll pass...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: April 15, 2012, 03:54:27 am »

@empfan, haven't seen Macademi WAsshoi!, but you could check the user recommendations from myanimelist:

"Kyouran Kazoku Nikki"

"Both series are fantascial and spontaneous comedies that make a point of flaunting otaku memes to get great laughs. These series use a similar style of over-the-top craziness and ridiculous gags throughout a large cast. Also, parallels can be drawn between the main female leads as spontaneous supernatural loli gods that always get their way. =^_^="

Which I haven't seen either, but maybe would suit you.

I'm going to assume you've heard of FLCL and Paranoia Agent?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:57:00 am by Reelya »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: April 15, 2012, 04:02:33 am »

@empfan, haven't seen Macademi WAsshoi!, but you could check the user recommendations from myanimelist:

"Kyouran Kazoku Nikki"

"Both series are fantascial and spontaneous comedies that make a point of flaunting otaku memes to get great laughs. These series use a similar style of over-the-top craziness and ridiculous gags throughout a large cast. Also, parallels can be drawn between the main female leads as spontaneous supernatural loli gods that always get their way. =^_^="

Which I haven't seen either, but maybe would suit you.

I'm going to assume you've heard of FLCL and Paranoia Agent?

Heard of FLCL, I'll check it out.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: April 15, 2012, 04:26:05 am »

Apparently the Bleach anime is going on hold for two or three years. From what I can gather, it sounds like all those fillers they kept spewing out were losing the company a lot of money.
くコ:彡

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: April 15, 2012, 06:05:51 am »

Apparently the Bleach anime is going on hold for two or three years. From what I can gather, it sounds like all those fillers they kept spewing out were losing the company a lot of money.
Serves them right, the filler was terrible, even by the show's standards.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: April 15, 2012, 09:51:06 am »

Any recommendations?
Serial Experiments Lain is pretty good at making no sense.  Same for Ergo Proxy.  Kara no Kyoukai and Denpa teki na Kanojo work too.  (I'm hesitant to suggest Higurashi but whatever).

Hahahaha
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:53:05 am by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 2193