Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064644 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #11010 on: April 08, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »

My tastes crossover with both Toonyman and Patchy, but I'm pretty sure I also watch some stuff neither would touch with a 10 foot pole xD
I watched Marimite in it's entirety.
Toony would definitely choose to off himself before watching it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7hQRbKZd20
* ToonyMan gunshot

I've seen people with impossibly pointy noses and also guys THAT HAD NO PUPILS
In animes that were clearly off the wall and not meant to be planet earth that we live in.
It's almost like...it's not real?!

Okay Patchouli, I raise your school life yuri and bring you...no there's nothing worse I can't.  Maybe the Bible Black hentai OVAs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: April 08, 2012, 05:15:08 pm »

I see your Bible Black, and raise you one Kodomo No Jikan. Definitely more disturbing.

Actually Bible Black wasn't all that much compared to stuff like Urotsukidoji I saw when I was in college. Meh. I mainly spent the time laughing at the terrible dub.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:26:27 pm by Reelya »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: April 08, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: April 08, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »

Ugh don't remind me of Bible Black, that shit still makes my eye twitch at the thought.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: April 08, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »

Ugh don't remind me of Bible Black, that shit still makes my eye twitch at the thought.

Hey even the Japanese want to ban it.

then again the Americans wanted to ban The Sims 2... so... I guess they win this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: April 08, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »

Wouldn't they want to ban Sims 3?  Or is this outdated news.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: April 08, 2012, 05:49:57 pm »

Wouldn't they want to ban Sims 3?  Or is this outdated news.

Both are outdated news which I deliberately spun to make it seem more prevelant then it really was (which was a small group of stingy politicians)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: April 08, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »

So what you're saying is that there's no point in even mentioning it besides trying to catch cheap interest.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: April 08, 2012, 06:08:19 pm »

So what you're saying is that there's no point in even mentioning it besides trying to catch cheap interest.

Its almost like its not real

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: April 08, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »

...Except it is real news, if dated.  Unless YOU'RE MAKING STUFF UP

Which I could not believe.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: April 08, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

For anyone who missed this story, it was related to the "Hot Coffee" fiasco for GTA: San Andreas

After the "Hot Coffee" campaign started, someone pranked Jack Thompson that there were realistic genitals on the children, under the Sims 2 clothing, and he took it serious and launched a campaign to ban it, claiming the blur-removal for sim's nudity would reveal realistic labia and penises on the kids.

But he's not really a "politician", he's an anti-rap music and anti-video game activist lawyer who's been disbarred due to his conduct in court.

The guy's a total nut-job. Lot's of his lawsuits seem to have some personal grudge involved, e.g he tried to get one rap band's CD banned for obscenities, but the record label they were on had previously released a CD in support of Janet Reno who was running in an election against him for State Attorney. He handed Janet Reno a questionnaire in public during the campaign, with the question "Are you a lesbian?" on it. She put a hand on his shoulder and mocked him "I'm only interested in virile men. That’s why I'm not attracted to you." He then tried to get her charged with assault xD

He also tried to sue a recent Mortal Kombat for "likeness rights" because he was able to use it's "create a fighter" mode to create a likeness of himself xD

Anyway here the wikipedia article on ol' Jack, he's the gift that keeps on giving:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(activist)
Should I email Jack about the content of the more dubious anime's ? xD
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:18:03 pm by Reelya »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: April 08, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »

I find it funny and annoying that there are entire organizations that are made for the sole purpose of destroying something they have NO idea what it's about.  Some of these organizations just make me want to smash my head into a desk. *twitch*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: April 08, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »

I find it funny and annoying that there are entire organizations that are made for the sole purpose of destroying something they have NO idea what it's about.  Some of these organizations just make me want to smash my head into a desk. *twitch*

Sometimes I think they are just there to make money

I mean the Dungeons and Dragons Scare was completely fictional but the books and movies made off it (that were completely fiction) made tons of money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: April 08, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »

Sometimes I think they are just there to make money

I mean the Dungeons and Dragons Scare was completely fictional but the books and movies made off it (that were completely fiction) made tons of money.

Funny thing, my mother believed that up untill only untill a month ago, thought it was evil because of "sorcery".  In the end I had to find an essay on why that is all bull.  Was it only america that got that scare?  Just curious

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: April 08, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

Because that's where the hobby originated and first became popular, along witht he fact that there was a general Satanism scare in the country at the same time, which was caused by fictional diaries passed off as nonfiction. Generally, scares of that sort tend to be triggered by an incident where somebody has to place blame (in DnD's case, it started with a young man that committed suicide, and the mother was incapable of understanding what had happened, so she blamed the only "odd" thing she could find in his life).  By the time tabletop fantasy really got going internationally, the paranoia and fear had died out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 2193