Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058532 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10530 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:46 pm »

Anyone going to MegaCon this year? I apparently got invited by one of my sister's friends. Kinda undecided whether or not to go. Watched a few videos online to see what it's about, and I don't know...

Actually, anyone ever been to these kinds of -Cons at all? How are they? Because I just have a nagging feeling that despite how much a fan I am of all different shows (anime, sci-fi, etc.), I feel like I'll just be wasting my money on the trip and ticket (plus, driving to Orlando isn't a fun trip either). I mean, from what I've seen of the videos, it's a whole lot of standing around, waiting, and a few good costume designs, but a great deal of not-so-good, and so forth. Also doesn't help that as soon as it is, I'm strapped for cash as well, so it's not like I could purchase anything that catches my eye anyway.

If I do end up going, I'm either going as a Custom Character modeled after myself, or bringing a printed image of ☺ as a mask and calling myself a dwarf.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:37:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: February 09, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »

Anyone going to MegaCon this year?
[...]
If I do end up going, I'm either going as a Custom Character modeled after myself, or bringing a printed image of ☺ as a mask and calling myself a dwarf.
You should bring a friend dressed as an elf.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: February 09, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »

Was thinking of starting Idolm@ster if I have time. Seems only right to, considering I listen to the songs. Meaning Aoi Tori on repeat all day, with a smattering of other Idolm@ster songs mixed in that are just OK.

Should also finish Madoka.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:36:23 pm by Patchouli »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:29 pm »

Hey, I started reading Haruhi this week as well, it's about the last thing I want to read in the Library that I haven't yet. (Because they lack book 1! :O)

Pretty awesome so far, I just got to the chapter where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Such a horrid place to end a book :( I hate cliffhangers.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:11 pm »

Just offhand, does anyone know of any other gambling anime?  I'm quickly depleting my supply of Legendary Gambler Tetsuya. Liar Game is akin to a faucet filling a pool the size of Lake Michigan. One Outs is a barren wasteland of updates, with me needing to wait months, and then squeeze a cactus with my bare hands just to get a single drop of content.

I mean, I don't keep up on the Kaiji manga, but lord knows I'm not dying to get on more waiting lists.

I'm currently looking into Gambling Emperor Legend Zero. I don't know what it is, but I just like gambling as a genre. Perhaps because suspense is an intrinsic quality to it, which is awfully appealing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:22 pm »

Anyone going to MegaCon this year? I apparently got invited by one of my sister's friends. Kinda undecided whether or not to go. Watched a few videos online to see what it's about, and I don't know...

Actually, anyone ever been to these kinds of -Cons at all? How are they? Because I just have a nagging feeling that despite how much a fan I am of all different shows (anime, sci-fi, etc.), I feel like I'll just be wasting my money on the trip and ticket (plus, driving to Orlando isn't a fun trip either). I mean, from what I've seen of the videos, it's a whole lot of standing around, waiting, and a few good costume designs, but a great deal of not-so-good, and so forth. Also doesn't help that as soon as it is, I'm strapped for cash as well, so it's not like I could purchase anything that catches my eye anyway.

If it's anything like the Conventions I've been to, there's generally a lot of stuff going on. There will be booths selling handmade crafts and artwork, booths for books, comics, manga, and other swag, etc. Odds are there will be panel discussions with notable artists and writers and such, and others from relative unknowns which can be really informative. These things often have gaming rooms set up too, which might range from card and board games to videogaming rooms; I've played live Mafia with 12-20 folks at cons before too, which was great fun.

Basically, it's a chance to get together with a bunch of dorks of various persuasions, and share and enjoy the things you love. If it's at a hotel too, you have plenty of time to hang out and meet new people, and have a crazy-fun time.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10536 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »

You bring a fair argument. I'll think it over a bit more then.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: February 10, 2012, 04:48:56 pm »

Finally finished Soul Eater, only took since Halloween.
The
but otherwise it was enjoyable.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: February 10, 2012, 04:59:21 pm »

The
The manga hasn't ended yet and the plot splits after a while, I would recommend reading it if you were disappointed how the anime ended.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: February 10, 2012, 06:02:31 pm »

just finished chobits,
the message I got from it was "always back up your data"
which is one I already knew,  I have more external hard drives than.... well, idk, but I have a lot.

well that, and only let "the one that is just for you" touch your vajayjay, or "come inside"
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: February 10, 2012, 06:10:27 pm »

just finished chobits,
the message I got from it was "always back up your data"
which is one I already knew,  I have more external hard drives than.... well, idk, but I have a lot.

well that, and only let "the one that is just for you" touch your vajayjay, or "come inside"

I'm half-tempted to link to the wheel of morality on this one.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: February 10, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »

If you've seen that show, all the way through, how could you not see those morals from the show, they're both said multiple times.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:29 pm »

If you've seen that show, all the way through, how could you not see those morals from the show, they're both said multiple times.

To be fair, I watched it five or more years ago. At this point my memory of it is just one giant blur of touching a robot girl inappropriately.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:44 pm »

By having a faint grasp on morality?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:06 pm »

The
The manga hasn't ended yet and the plot splits after a while, I would recommend reading it if you were disappointed how the anime ended.

I might actually, thanks.

But first, I have to decide what to watch next.
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 2193