Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059384 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10470 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26:46 pm »

I finished The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi.

How could somebody possibly wait for the next book?  That's so cruel.  Anyway on to the next two books!  Two parter away!  Climax mode initiate!

Such an odd book.

Also Red Dragon finally updated with the first five chapters for the first act.  Unfortunately it's all in Japanese of course.  There are even BGMs!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: February 02, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

So, I just started Transfer Student Storm Bringer, and so far its epically hilarious.
I can't find any epic quality screenshots, so here is a plain summary.
Transfer student, Ju Ingong, is always being called out to fight because of his scary looking face. He is constantly beaten up until everyone realizes that he is truly weak. On the first day of his new school, he is once again called out for battle. For the first time he stands his ground and makes up a lie to save himself. Will the students actually believe him? Will he leave the scene scratch free? Follow Ju Ingong in his daily school life and see who else wants to stand up to the fighting king

Oh god, its so funny.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: February 02, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »

I finished the Fullmetal Alchemist manga last night. It was pretty awesome.

I also looked up the plot for the anime (not Brotherhood), and that sounds a lot dumber than the manga's plot was.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: February 02, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »

Katanagatari is extremely well done, though that ending is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Same with the Battle Royale manga.

On a somewhat less grim note, Summer Wars and The Girl who Leapt Through Time are both excellent IMO. Any other suggestions?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

Any other suggestions?
Nope.  705 pages and we haven't been able to find any other animes we like.  Sad, really.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:20 pm »

Any other suggestions?
Nope.  705 pages and we haven't been able to find any other animes we like.  Sad, really.

No need to be a ponce
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »

WEE WOO WEE WOO

PLEASE REMAIN CALM

THERE IS CONFLICT IN THE THREAD

WEE WOO WEE WOO

PLEASE REMAIN CALM

EMERGENCY PERSONALS WILL ARRIVE SHORTLY

WEE WOO WEE WOO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: February 02, 2012, 11:27:07 pm »

I was called?! What's the problem?! I brought Tootsie rolls and smooth jazz to level out the situation! DON'T WORRY EVERYONE EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!

So Zoku Sayonara Zetsuba Sensei is epically random and funny. How did this stay on the backburner for so long?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:25 pm »

So Zoku Sayonara Zetsuba Sensei is epically random and funny. How did this stay on the backburner for so long?
Hey I'm watching Zoku too!  HOLD ON ONE MOMENT PLEASE

EDIT:
More Kaiji, more Tower of God?  This is great.

EDITX2:

Okay, I finished Serial Experiments Lain.  It was okay I guess.  I liked Mika and Arisu (Alice), and the guy voiced by Jouji and Lain herself.  I probably will never forget that damn OP.  The plot was neat too, psychological and stuff.  No point in commentating my thoughts much since it's so old and already has a bunch of academic writing on it.  And it's really really late.  Now just to finish Canaan.  The crazy taxi driver is apparently voiced by Jouji too, excellent.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:35:47 am by ToonyMan »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: February 05, 2012, 08:45:25 pm »

So I know I'm late to the party, but holy crap Koizumi is awesome. It's one of those things where someone just said, "Fuck sanity, let's be awesome" and then it doesn't seem strange that the Pope and various world leaders are playing space Nazis in a game of Mahjong over the fate of the world. Seriously, that's perfectly normal. What else would they be doing?

As for the cheating, that's part of the game. Goes along well with the fact that luck is an attribute that varies between people, and that different people apparently have special, nation-specific moves, and that the game is a contest of wills that decides the fate of nations. Complaining about somebody cheating in it would be like complaining that they bluffed or feinted or played too hard.

Gankutsuo was indeed awesome. The giant robots were indeed kind of odd. The art style also took a bit of getting used to. Wasn't very fond of the ending either.

Wakfu's on my list of things I've been meaning to get around to.

Any other suggestions?
In general yes, but I've seen none of those, so no.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: February 06, 2012, 12:26:32 am »

Katanagatari is extremely well done, though that ending is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Same with the Battle Royale manga.

On a somewhat less grim note, Summer Wars and The Girl who Leapt Through Time are both excellent IMO. Any other suggestions?
You might enjoy Dennou Coil.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10481 on: February 06, 2012, 01:53:10 am »

MSN and R+V II updated.

I'm still waiting for some serious fighting in R+V II. It looks like it'll happen next chapter, but it takes foooorrreeevvveeerrr for the updates...

Naruto's manga is terrible now. The past few chapters have shown that Kishimoto either isn't paying attention to what he's writing or doesn't care that he's making things silly and dissociative.

Still reading TWGOK. Still watching Baccano! I don't spend too much time doing either though, not enough time invested to speedread them.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: February 06, 2012, 04:51:17 am »

So I started reading Akagi...

I mean like, okay he's a little strange but MAN he could easily turn into a murdering psychopath.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:41 am »

So I started reading Akagi...

I mean like, okay he's a little strange but MAN he could easily turn into a murdering psychopath.

Akagi is specifically a sociopath who lives in a world where people lack emotional fortitude, trained gameplay strategies, or intelligence above elementary school level.

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: February 06, 2012, 10:11:05 am »

I'm wondering, what's a good program to read manga with?
I've been wanting to read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou for some time now, but I'm not sure what to choose. Any tips?
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 2193