Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061281 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10365 on: January 24, 2012, 01:38:25 am »

Okay, ignoring High School of the Dead. I think my next japanese media excursion is going to be finishing the Full Metal Alchemist manga. Even if it's scarily long.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:54 am »

Speaking of longrunning manga, I'm currently reading Gintama, and I am at Ch.8. There's at least like 300 or so chapters left to read.

Wish me luck.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: January 24, 2012, 02:38:17 am »

So that's another Red Hair Murder Dimensional Slider to add to the list.

The Rail Tracer - Baccano!
North Italy - Hetalia
Ushiromiya Battler - Umineko
Otonashi Yuzuru - Angel Beats!
Uryuu Ryuunosuke - Fate/zero
Vex Vulper - The Contempt of Court
Perseus (GRAIL TRACER) - Fate/prototype

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: January 24, 2012, 11:56:34 am »

Currently following in active anime:

Natsume Yujin-cho - Causes me to shed manly tears at heartwarming stories
Nisemonogatari/Bakemonogatari - I love this dialogue to bits
Moretsu Pirates - Surprising lack of fanservice for its name, story is starting off slowly and has potential
Inu X Boku Secret Service - Somewhat weak. Semi-original premise. Got a few laughs. Will give it a few more episodes before I decide whether to keep or drop

And Gintama, which violates the like->dislike color coding scheme and rests in an undecidable quantum state of WTF, terrible, and hilarious.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:35 pm »

One of my friends really wants me to watch High School of the Dead, while another of my friends had warned me against it. It looks pretty terrible. Any redeeming qualities?

I loved it, but it had so much fanservice it wasn't even funny. Besides that it was pretty good though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10370 on: January 24, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »

One of my friends really wants me to watch High School of the Dead, while another of my friends had warned me against it. It looks pretty terrible. Any redeeming qualities?

I loved it, but it had so much fanservice it wasn't even funny. Besides that it was pretty good though.

I liked it, but yes, its biggest flaw was that the amount of fanservice made it very hard to take seriously.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »

Nisemonogatari/Bakemonogatari - I love this dialogue to bits
If you liked Bakemonogatari dialogue, consider watching Tatami Galaxy as well.

Something I realized about Tatami Galaxy is that if I watched the weekly episodes as they were released, rather than waiting for the series to finish then watching all the episodes at once, I might not be as fond of it. The repetition works well when you watch it like one long movie, but probably isn't as liked when you have to wait a week for each episode.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: January 25, 2012, 09:39:03 am »

Anime theme songs, why are you so addicting? First, Tylor; then, Higurashi; now, I can't stop listening to the theme to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Also, there's a lot of Misato fanservice.

Also, my best friend warns heavily against NGE, on the grounds that I'll become horribly depressed and mentally unstable. True?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:22:51 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: January 25, 2012, 10:27:40 am »

Anime theme songs, why are you so addicting? First, Tylor; then, Higurashi; now, I can't stop listening to the theme to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

If you mean Cruel Angel's Thesis, I just came out of the shower with its tune playing incessantly in my head. Need something... to make stop...
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:06 am »

Yep, that one.

So very catchy. Thinking about making it my ringtone.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10375 on: January 25, 2012, 11:28:33 am »

I sometimes prefer

It all- returns- to nothing~

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down~~

Reading TWGOK because Toony has thus far seemed to have good taste. I declare it to be silly, and am currently enjoying what I've read thus far. Wondering if the scanlators got things wrong, because there are references to the evil spirit taking over the host and the evil spirit being reborn as the woman's child. The former doesn't jive with the whole "only girls" thing.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:02 pm »

Also, my best friend warns heavily against NGE, on the grounds that I'll become horribly depressed and mentally unstable. True?

Eh.  If you're looking for depression and instability from your anime, can I recommend...

Saikano?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:16 pm »

If you mean Cruel Angel's Thesis, I just came out of the shower with its tune playing incessantly in my head. Need something... to make stop...
Oh gog I did in the shower too today.  Yeah I really enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's one of my favorites definitely.  Although then again people compare it Madoka and I don't like Madoka at all...

Reading TWGOK because Toony has thus far seemed to have good taste. I declare it to be silly, and am currently enjoying what I've read thus far. Wondering if the scanlators got things wrong, because there are references to the evil spirit taking over the host and the evil spirit being reborn as the woman's child. The former doesn't jive with the whole "only girls" thing.
TWGOK is pretty awesome.  I didn't like the first few volumes as much as the later ones though.  Chapter 174 just came out a few days ago.  I started reading it because /a/ kept talking about it so there's my secret location.

Keima is the best.  :3

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: January 25, 2012, 01:41:17 pm »

Eh.  If you're looking for depression and instability from your anime, can I recommend...

Saikano?

Never heard of it. Anyway, how disturbing is NGE, on a scale of 1 to Higurashi?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: January 25, 2012, 01:53:44 pm »

Well, if we're talking about the anime NGE is definitely better than Higurashi.  I guess NGE is more 'disturbing' than Higurashi but it's difficult for me to explain.

Okay, the Higurashi VNs can definitely get pretty emotional.  Neon Genesis Evangelion deals with its own issues though.  I can't compare it to Higurashi at all.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 2193