Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062053 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10275 on: January 13, 2012, 01:25:16 am »

DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH BATS MONGREL, WELL DO YOU, DO YOU??
Ah...end of Tsumihoroboshi-hen flashbacks.  I really miss Higurashi, but guess what I heard!  Ryukishi07 is taking a break on Higanbana now for a secret project.  I really hope it's When They Cry 5.

EDIT:
I found English previews of Higanbana on youtube!  Score!  I'll need to mark down this Ronove blog for future updates.

EDITX2:
Finished the first "short" story in Indignation (Haruhi book 8), all in one sitting.  I'm quite proud of myself.  In fact I'm so proud I'm going to share three documents I have held onto for my own entertainment purposes as I read.  As for the short story, yes of course it was good I'll read the next one at some point.

**Big spoilers obviously**  Probably contains false facts and bad spelling too.
Spoiler: HARUHI CHRONOLOGY (click to show/hide)

Amazingly the chronology checks out except for one chapter..."Charmed at First Sight LOVER (Wavering)".  Now Kyon has done some crazy tight scheduling, but CaFSLOVER was physically impossible to do unless Tanigawa has an ace up his sleeve in the future.

In any case, hell yeah, Kyon power.

I've had the thought of writing at some point but it'd probably be horrible Nasu shit where I right inane things and get popular for some reason, INSTANT SUCCESS.  Akiha is a tooth muahahhohoa sex scenes sex scenes rape pillage dried plum murder!!!!!!

...And then Kyon was a Masutaa in the Seihai Sensou.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:14:05 am by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »

So Ougon Musou Kyoku: Cross is really good, but I've managed to seriously screw up my right arm playing it.  Argh.  How can mashing three keys (in search of that sweet, sweet meta-ultimate) cause such a horrible injury??  Guess this is definitely something I can't play till after the exam period.

Erika's voice sounds good too, now that I've heard her shouting accusations, firing cannons and using her meta-ultimate-swimsuitducttapeclosedroom attack.  Oh well, I guess that was worth temporarily disabling my arm for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: January 13, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

I broke my fingers fighting G-Akiha in Melty Blood, same for Nero but not as bad.

DIE DIE WHY WON'T YOU DIE

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: January 13, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »

Finished Darker than Black then found another season.
GAAAHHHH!!!!!
ill never finish watching anime.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: January 13, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

Finished Darker than Black then found another season.
GAAAHHHH!!!!!
ill never finish watching anime.
Darker than Black was awesome.  Season 3 where??  Make sure to check out the OVAs and the Jet Black Flower manga too.

And listen to Cerberus Dog or whatever and Galaxy Train over and over

UNITZ UNITZ UNITZ

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: January 13, 2012, 05:33:18 pm »

Savage Dog Cerberus is the name and no i just discovered season 2.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »

Well playing OMK against ToonyMan was kindof fun even if it was at half speed pretty much all the time.  So you could generally just see what your opponent was doing and block it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10282 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:59 am »

kimiiro focus, because saying "Ecchi manga!!" wasn't a good title.
Basically a guy who starts photographing, as soon as he takes off his glasses, and as long as it concerns girls, he becomes a pro in taking photos.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: January 14, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »

I picked manga that looked mildly interesting because I was bored, and I think I found some new favorites  :)

"Life is money" and "Sprite". Best read without spoilers, so be wary about reading them, you can always read the less detailed descriptions on the website(s).

Spoiler:  Life is Money (click to show/hide)

Sprite is too good to spoil so no spoiler :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: January 14, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

Hey Leafy! I checked out the Kaito series you told me about. That was a single good OVA episode, but it's not really a series. Or were you referring to something else?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: January 15, 2012, 04:00:35 am »

Add another entry to the late train.

Madoka and Penguindrum continue to stay on hold.

Watching Baccano instead. From recommendations, I'm watching the dub. I like it a lot.

EDIT: It was good. I think I've seen some of the episodes a long while ago actually, I just forgot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:17:40 am by Patchouli »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:38 am »

Time to finish week 2 in Fate/extra.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Squeee

This is just like one of my Japanese animes!

I have to say if Nasu has one merit it's that he can not write a bad Master-Servant pair.  It's impossible.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:54 am »

Hey Leafy! I checked out the Kaito series you told me about. That was a single good OVA episode, but it's not really a series. Or were you referring to something else?
Uh, I meant it was a manga that the author wrote before Conan.  He stopped after 3 volumes (and since has written a few chapters that have been collected into a fourth volume) because Conan took off so well.

Oh right yeah and I'm trying to master fighter game combos on the keyboard.  Some of them are awkward but at least I can activate the double SP moves and Meta Ultimates.  I also kindof have a vague idea how to use Ange (LEVIATHAN BELPHEGOR SATAN BELPHEGOR MAMMON LEVIATHAN then run away and tag out) and Battler.

Spoiler: Ange (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:37:18 am by Leafsnail »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:53 pm »

[UTW]_Carnival_Phantasm_-_10_[BD][h264-720p_AC3][0EEFE844].mkv

Yah!  UTW also explains the Hisui Brainwash Detective thing.
"Nasu apparently made a lot of typos with Hisui’s lines in a minigame that was in the pre-release version of the Tsukihime visual novel. Among them is a typo where Hisui, as a detective, declares “犯人を、貴方です” (“I’ll make you the culprit”; the “wo” is supposed to be “wa” instead, which would make the line mean “You’re the culprit”). The joke is that the typo makes it look like Hisui is declaring to turn the person into the culprit, instead of declaring the person to be the culprit."

Spoiler: THE CULPRIT IS YOU (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Episode 10 was okay.  The beginning skit was kind of stupid but the second one totally made up for it.
DEFECTIVES HISUI

Next episode is called Final Dead Lancer, oh boy.

Also Fate/hollow is being weird!  TLWiki went down and then Beast's Lair is still down.  I might just go through what I did reading any stuff I missed and Chiitranslator the rest like I did with the beginning of Higanbana and Mahoyo, it worked quite well because you can always remember the series/game as a whole.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:06:49 pm by ToonyMan »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »

I went and started reading the Pokemon Adventures manga again, more specifically the diamond and pearl arc. And it was all of the happy/cute stuff one would expect from a pokemon story when suddenly-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 2193