Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064464 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10215 on: January 05, 2012, 04:06:40 am »

Finished Bakemonogatari episode 10.

Monkey arc was the best one so far. I still skipped some of the talky scenes because I am weak, and the ending was a bit wonky for me, but it was nice.

Snake arc was one of the more embarrassing things I've seen recently.

Maybe I should watch the DVD version or something.
--------------------------------------------

Nichijou thoughts again.
  • The voice acting was GREAT. Mio and Yukko's yells are the highlights of the show. Mio's in particular sound hilariously anguished. Love Yukko's voice she's in panic mode. She has a super vocal range.  I'm honestly surprised to search up the seiyuu and not see much work from a lot of the characters. I guess there isn't enough over-the-top comedy anime like this going around.
  • The animation in Nichijou is too buttery smooth. It has set a ridiculously high bar that will always be sitting in the back on my mind now.

Also, thanks for the Madoka tips guys, I'll revisit it after Bakemonogatari.
Finished Bakemonogatari.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT: I think I will sleep, regather my thoughts, and try to better explain my Bakemonogatari feelings.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:03:14 am by Patchouli »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11:25 am »

Bakemonogatari is mostly just idle chatting, with little to no interaction to the world besides that. Empty roads, streets, parks, etc.

I heard there's a ton of differences between the blu-ray release and the standard anime version of Bakemonogatari. Might be worth looking for if you're interested, since a lot of things in the original anime was cut due to whatever-constraints. Haven't had any luck searching for it though, and I don't think there's a subbed version of the blu-ray release version either.

I have a lot of free time in the upcoming weeks, but I'm torn between choosing to watch Madoka or Monster. Which of these should I choose?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: January 05, 2012, 01:20:32 pm »

Madoka is shorter, so you might want to watch that first.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: January 05, 2012, 02:04:50 pm »

Katawa Shoujo (Visual Novel by 4chan) was released yesterday.

Done Lilly route, quite nice so far, much more emotionally affecting than most of slice/romance anime I've watched.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:05 pm »

I downloaded it yesterday and looked at the main menu BUT NO TIME FOR THAT

I played Corpse Party from midnight to around 5am last night.  Finished Chapter 1, couldn't find the last bad end, and did a bit of Chapter 2 I would say, no bad ends yet.

Oh gog why am I playing this game
It's interesting to note that

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: January 05, 2012, 02:48:45 pm »

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, at times, is... well...

Who'da thought?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: January 05, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »

Bakemonogatari is mostly just idle chatting, with little to no interaction to the world besides that. Empty roads, streets, parks, etc.

I heard there's a ton of differences between the blu-ray release and the standard anime version of Bakemonogatari. Might be worth looking for if you're interested, since a lot of things in the original anime was cut due to whatever-constraints. Haven't had any luck searching for it though, and I don't think there's a subbed version of the blu-ray release version either.
I checked out the Blu-rays.

Episode 10 looked a lot better. At least there was a cool fight scene. But overall, it felt like an arc meant to just set up some fanservice. I still don't get the enjoyment in a lot of the dialogue, but I might be stupid and not understand Japanese references and culture enough.

Okay, going through my Bakemonogatari thoughts again:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: January 05, 2012, 11:31:33 pm »

Part 1 of Tower of God is finally finished with a total of 78 chapters.  I caught up around chapter 50 and have been staying up to date since then.  It has been...interesting to say the least.  I enjoyed it a lot but a few parts are a little iffy.  Otherwise a pretty solid read can't wait for part 2.

I hope this doesn't end up like Sengoku Youko, Part 1 of that ended a year ago and there hasn't been any news since then.  :[

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:50 pm »

Been meaning to read Tower of God, but mainly because I read the first chapter or two and the gatekeeper was interesting. It had that peculiar... I don't know, Alice in Wonderland, I guess, quality where it's definitely strange but not "alien."

Does the rest of it have stuff like that, or was that a relatively unique thing?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:50 am »

It can be pretty battle shounen-y but a lot of the characters are awesome and the plot can be cool..
I'm not sure I can say it's really "alien" but a few scenes are pretty weird and shiny yeah.

Baam actually reminds of me Aang from Avatar.

EDIT:
I should probably mention at some point but Carnival Phantasm gets most of its joke material from oldish (doujin) manga stuff.  I've already found a ton of old stuff from 2004-2006 and saw at least half of the jokes on CP being used there.  Some are unaltered while others make changes that make me a little sad and others that make me a little happy.

Spoiler: happy changes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sad changes (click to show/hide)

Now I'm not disappointed that Carnival Phantasm is using older material because anyway
1.  It's animated now
2.  Hardly any of this stuff is translated anyway
3.  LOVELY VOICES

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:38:08 am by ToonyMan »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: January 06, 2012, 05:10:59 am »

Episode 10 looked a lot better. At least there was a cool fight scene. But overall, it felt like an arc meant to just set up some fanservice. I still don't get the enjoyment in a lot of the dialogue, but I might be stupid and not understand Japanese references and culture enough.

The best arc is probably the prequel and Araragi's story arc, Kizumonogatari, IMO. It tells a lot about Araragi's history and a certain blonde female's involvement, as well as Hanekawa's role in it. Too bad there isn't an animated version of it... yet. The prequel is currently in development, as a movie, if I remember correctly. Considering that this series never hit US shores, then you'll have to wait for a while for the subs after the movie gets released.

In the meantime, the prequel is also in light-novel form, and can be found in Baka-tsuki.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: January 06, 2012, 05:12:15 am »

The best arc is probably the prequel and Araragi's story arc, Kizumonogatari, IMO. It tells a lot about Araragi's history and a certain blonde female's involvement, as well as Hanekawa's role in it. Too bad there isn't an animated version of it... yet. The prequel is currently in development, as a movie, if I remember correctly. Considering that this series never hit US shores, then you'll have to wait for a while for the subs after the movie gets released.

In the meantime, the prequel is also in light-novel form, and can be found in Baka-tsuki.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:57 am »

Just finished reading the LN Gekkou (Moonlight) some days ago...pretty short, but was an interesting read nonetheless.
Story Synopsis
Cynical boy spends day in day out in boredom, taking refuge from his dull life in his imagination. One fateful day, he happens upon the notebook of the much-rumored beauty, neglected on the ground. Poking out from it is a scrap of paper with the unexpected title "Murder Recipe". His interest ignited, he immediately stuffs it into his pocket, only to find out the promising recipe contains nothing but scenarios that may or may not lead to deadly accidents, not even worthy of being called a plan.
When he tentatively asks her about it the next day, she hasn't lost anything. But then her father dies. An accident...

Katawa Shoujo (Visual Novel by 4chan) was released yesterday.
Oh? Sweet. Now I just need time to actually play it.

Hey Toony, here...something interesting to read:
http://mazuisubs.com/184
and something interesting to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_3tcEsx1To&feature=player_embedded
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #10228 on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:32 pm »

I realize I'm late to this party, but WTF!

There is a Last Exile 2 out AND Fate/Zero (sequel to Fate/Stay Night) being aired? I freaking loved the originals.

I know what I'm doing on my lunch breaks from now on..
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: January 06, 2012, 04:46:40 pm »

Dipped into Katawa Shoujo before watching another episode of Madoka.

Got a Kenji bad end first, then on the second run, ended up with Rin's route. It was interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 2193