Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066045 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10065 on: December 20, 2011, 06:54:02 am »

Finished Ghost Hunt. Doll and Church arc are still my favorites. I still don't like Mai or Naru that much.
I'm fond of the Cursed Mansion arc personally. That freaky, freaky mansion and it's owner

Oh, and also random nice stuff!:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: December 20, 2011, 11:47:14 am »

Both of the [MII] releases use ordered chapters. It's a feature of the mkv container that allows one mkv to link to another seamlessly in playback. In this case, the OP and ED have been cropped out of every episode, and separate OP and ED files have been added that link to the episodes automatically. It saves about 100-400mb per episode depending on the show. The only downside is that it breaks compatibility on most players (especially VLC, actually), causing playback to loop back to the beginning at the end of the first regular chapter.

One solution to install a player setup that supports them. The easiest to install is CCCP, as it automatically installs and sets up a player (MPC-HC) and codecs that will play anything fansub groups release, including mkvs with ordered chapters and hi10p encodes. They also have another program (Insurgent) that will clean up any codecs currently installed that could potentially conflict with a CCCP install.

Alternatively just remove the OP and ED files from the folder for the time being. Obviously the episodes will no longer have them, but it will save you the trouble of doing any of the shit listed above.
It's too bad I already deleted the goddamn files.
I'll instal CCCP anyway.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: December 20, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

(AMAZING 999 SPECULATION)
Oh wow.  That was amazing and hilarious. Having played 999, you've somehow cogently expressed exactly how I felt during its entirety. Please continue. It gets better.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:17 pm »

Screw it, I'll just watch it on youtube if it's going to give me this much trouble.
:\
I really can't believe myself when I used to watch youtube streams.  Downloaded 720p (since 1080p is way too large for me) are gorgeous sometimes.

(AMAZING 999 SPECULATION)
Oh wow.  That was amazing and hilarious. Having played 999, you've somehow cogently expressed exactly how I felt during its entirety. Please continue. It gets better.
I'll only continue if it gets better.  Sorry for my...overactive attitude, it was two in the morning and I get really excited when cool stuff happens and I'm sleep deprived.

Also, since I'm a bit settled down let me fix my theory up.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10069 on: December 20, 2011, 01:55:33 pm »

@toonyman
you know, i actually had no clue what it was.
luckily wikipedia helped me.
don't go there, unless you want the complete solution (but that would go against the point).
just be ready at stuff like neon genesis evangelion. you know, meta meta meta thoughts of meta meta things meta meta going somewhere else.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: December 20, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

You read the solution on wikipedia?!  Shame on you!  Just don't tell me the answer and I'll be a happy doggy.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10071 on: December 20, 2011, 03:40:59 pm »

You read the solution on wikipedia?!  Shame on you!  Just don't tell me the answer and I'll be a happy doggy.

i won't even suggest you.
don't worry, i hate spoilers foremost. U_U
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: December 20, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

Reading berserk vol 7 now.

Shit's glorious, even if I don't like most of the golden age arc as much as the others, seeing pre-god hand griffith and the huge drama between him, gutts and caska makes it all worth it.

Not to mention its basicaly Mount&Blade: manga edition. Extremely detailed pictures of battlefields and armor and blood all around.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10073 on: December 20, 2011, 08:22:40 pm »

Watching Steins;Gate.

This anime is not allowed to have memes and overwhelmingly depressing themes. I forbid it. It feels like a completely different anime half-way through... which is really neat but also "omg the sadness". For those of you who have seen it in its entirety, is it a suitable addition to the list of animes boiled in the tears of heartbroken dreamers (Gunslinger Girl, Evangelion, Saikano, etc.)?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: December 20, 2011, 08:50:58 pm »

I'm reading a mangs called Cage of Eden.
It's pretty good in my opinion, lots of survival action.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: December 20, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

Almost finishing the golden age arc and the whole part the anime covers, after that everything is unknown.

But the manga covers many things that the anime did not, after some point it gets very, very grimdark, and there's 2 1/2 sex scenes, and they're all really fucked up and dramatic, in a very "OH CRAP WHY I'M READING THIS WHY CAN'T I STOP READING" way.

Also, godo is dwarfyness persofied.

I love it so much.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:16:02 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:27 pm »

I'm reading a manga called Cage of Eden.
Ugh

ugh

such crap.  Sorry, I can at least say I'm keeping up to date with it just out of pure interest in what stupid shit will happen next.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: December 20, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »

Ugh
ugh
such crap.  Sorry, I can at least say I'm keeping up to date with it just out of pure interest in what stupid shit will happen next.
If I may ask, what don't you like about it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: December 20, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »

Ugh
ugh
If I may ask, what don't you like about it?

OH BOY

Spoiler: spoilers and stuff (click to show/hide)
There's character deaths mentioned in this so you probably want to get up to date first.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: December 20, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »

Yeah, I guess the plot is sort of predictable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:29:46 pm by FuzzyZergling »
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 2193