Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066572 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #9960 on: December 12, 2011, 11:59:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: December 12, 2011, 02:41:02 pm »

Ugh I hated Madoka

ugh

I didn't like Saya no Uta either, Urobuchi is a werido

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9962 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:46 pm »

tokyo ravens.
seems nice.
if only more were out...
there are days when interesting manga get updated, and days when nothing seems to come out...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: December 12, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »

Black Butler is fucking amazing.

Dragonball: Evolution is not.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: December 12, 2011, 05:21:40 pm »

That's putting it gently.

I guess Black Butler will have to officially go on my list, though. Along with Steins;Gate and everything else I really need to watch but won't get around to forever.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9965 on: December 12, 2011, 05:23:24 pm »

Black butler is available on netflix, I may check it out.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25:38 pm »

Dragonball: Evolution is not.
Did you expect anything else from a live-action anime adaption? (Okay so I heard that the Death Note movies were decent, but still. Sturgeon's Law.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: December 12, 2011, 05:31:03 pm »

Josh likes the Liar Game live-action stuff and Taz likes the Kaiji live-action stuff.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: December 12, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »

Ack, no, don't watch the anime--the manga is about 12 times better.  I can't stand the anime.

As far as DBE goes, it was late a couple nights ago and I kind of wanted to see what it was like.  I'll admit that there were some parts that made me genuinely laugh near the beginning of the movie, but the characters were pretty much indistinguishable from their manga counterparts in all respects.  There were actually a couple of moments where I went "Yes!  This could have been a really good movie!" though.

I have to say, the action was really bad.  Live-action Death Note was fabulous, and this was just horrible.  Bad action, mostly bad scenes/plot development, very weak hero, extreme nerfing of all female character personalities (seriously?  Toriyama bucked the curve and gave us cool women with personality, even if they were all side characters.  Come on!!), and heck, Piccolo was hardly even in it.

(and... why didn't Gokuu resurrect the dead-for-one-week Grandpa Gohan, or even consider it... ?)

If they'd just given it a bit more time, even, it could have been good... but as-is, it was something like an hour and 10 minutes long (IMDB says 85 minutes, which is a lie), which is way too short.  That's an acceptable length for an animated movie, but live-action.... ?  No.  Enormous travesty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: December 12, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »

Oh. What's better about the manga/ruined about the anime?

For DBE, I didn't notice any resemblance at all. :-\

Also... there was more than one female character? I only remember Bulma, who I guess was fairly Bulma-ish in pulling a gun on Goku, but otherwise didn't ring any bells. Nameless lineless righthand mookgirl doesn't count.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: December 12, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »

Mai was actually a character from the manga, though, and got demoted to a non-character in the movie (Piccolo's henchwoman); there was also Chichi (Goku's love interest).  Bulma's voice was pretty bizarre, to say the least.

There were a couple of things, like Muten Roshi's introduction, and the bully fight at the party, that felt somehow familiar to me--though they were still way toned down from the original's energy.

For BB, the manga has amazing art; the production values from the show aren't that great.  The anime overtook the manga at the 7th episode (out of 26).  Tone, plot, absolutely anything you might be looking for in a show pretty much didn't show up.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: December 12, 2011, 06:51:12 pm »

Finished Jojo's Bizaree adventure a while back.

Manly tears were shed. Literally. Contender for manliest anime ever along with Fist of the North Star and Gurren Lagann. Berserk doesn't count cause griffith is the most fabulous villain ever <3333

Black Butler is pretty good, if you don't have a huge problem with the whole softcore yaoi thing going on. Its basicaly an anime made for boys with heavy elements to attract girls, like Code Geass. (japanese minds brah, japanese minds).

Also, first of the new Berserk movies is comming out january. It looks pretty glorious.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:56:25 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:15 pm »

The only bad part of Black Butler is Grell's teeth.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »

Finished Jojo's Bizaree adventure a while back.

Manly tears were shed. Literally. Contender for manliest anime ever along with Fist of the North Star and Gurren Lagann. Berserk doesn't count cause griffith is the most fabulous villain ever <3333
Dio is the best villain ever.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: December 12, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »

The only bad part of Black Butler is Grell's teeth.

Lies
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2193