Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061652 times)

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8910 on: August 28, 2011, 06:10:38 am »

I am thinking of watching something like Angel Beats! or Welcome to the N.H.K. next though.

I consider Angel Beats to be the worst of the Key anime adaptations. The way it introduces a shittonne of characters, but never really does anything with them, makes me think that it was scheduled as being a 26 episode series that got cut down to 13 at the last second. There's a whole bunch of other shit that I could whine about but most are spoilers so whatever. 

NHK on other hand is some essential viewing. I've never found anyone that dislikes it.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: August 28, 2011, 08:08:25 am »

I consider Angel Beats to be the worst of the Key anime adaptations. The way it introduces a shittonne of characters, but never really does anything with them, makes me think that it was scheduled as being a 26 episode series that got cut down to 13 at the last second. There's a whole bunch of other shit that I could whine about but most are spoilers so whatever.
I wouldn't call it bad per se'...but it definitely got the short end of the stick compared to the other KEY titles. But they were still able to do some good things that people still enjoyed it so I guess It's some fine viewing despite the wasted potential (still stings though).
NHK on other hand is some essential viewing. I've never found anyone that dislikes it.
It is a rather interesting anime...and some might even say it makes a lot of people feel better about themselves compared to the "existence" that is NHK's main character.

@Toony: So...still remember my words to you several pages ago? Still got any sympathy left?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: August 28, 2011, 08:46:40 am »

It is a rather interesting anime...and some might even say it makes a lot of people feel better about themselves compared to the "existence" that is NHK's main character.
Really? I'd say a lot of the viewers envy Sato for having a cute anime girl trying to save him >.>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:48:26 am by Mindmaker »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: August 28, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »

@Toony: So...still remember my words to you several pages ago? Still got any sympathy left?
Well yeah.  And it's not just that hair or voice (oh gog that wonderful voice) either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's all I have to say on the matter.

I wish Angel Beats was 26 episodes too.
Also, I finished volume four of TWGOK.  That was...different.  On to volume five oh wait Fate/stay night Fate/stay night Fate/stay night
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:37:48 pm by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: August 28, 2011, 03:26:33 pm »

I finished with the fourth episode of Black Jack, and I have to say this is an awesome drama.

Each episode is about 50~ minutes in length, and is it's own self-contained adventure. Black Jack, being an unlicensed doctor gets hired by people with a lot of money to throw around and have a good reason to not want a legitimate doctor and/or have a problem only the best surgeon in the world can solve.

Very much enjoying it so far.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: August 28, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

Yeah, I own most of the manga.  It's pretty much the only Osamu Tezuka manga I like (though I'll admit that Adolf was pretty brilliant, too), and man... I dunno.  Not much to say, I just have a big soft spot for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: August 28, 2011, 04:14:37 pm »

Episode 14. Sebastian laughs for the first time. His evil side is showing.
Oh what sexy evil it is...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: August 28, 2011, 05:36:56 pm »

Going through volume five of The World God Only Knows.  Man there are so many references just scattered over every chapter.  They aren't even mentioned they're just shown.  I've already seen Snoopy, a bunch of manga I don't know the names of, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.

I'm pretty much at the spot where the second anime season ends so that went by fast, woah.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:58 pm »

I take from that you're enjoying it?
Glad to hear that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: August 28, 2011, 05:59:07 pm »

I would have stopped by now if that were the case.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:16:04 pm by ToonyMan »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: August 28, 2011, 06:27:16 pm »

Duuude, that one guys has a rectangle chin!

:-I   ]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: August 28, 2011, 06:48:36 pm »

Wait a minute... that comic is linked to Phoenix Wright!?!

DANG!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: August 28, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »

There is a Count of Monte Cristo anime....I will watch it just to see Euginie and her "friend" how it follows the book.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: August 28, 2011, 07:50:47 pm »

There is a Count of Monte Cristo anime....I will watch it just to see Euginie and her "friend" how it follows the book.

It follows the book fairly well; as I mentioned earlier, in Highschool English class, I managed to pass the quizzes/tests on the book by watching the anime.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: August 28, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »

Finished volume five of Kaminomi, started 2/14 of F/sn.  I love how Fate/stay night sometimes gives you the stupidest choices ever.
"We lost."

We just can't recover from this, it's all over.

EDIT:
Spoiler: or even better (click to show/hide)
So many choices.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:12:51 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 2193