Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059657 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8805 on: August 20, 2011, 02:10:37 am »

Zero no Tsukaima is only good because of the massive wave of suprisingly good fanfiction that was spawned on SB.

:P

I watched it and it was too ecchi for my tastes...

So anyways, Claymore is awesome.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: August 20, 2011, 03:03:03 am »

Hate you~
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8807 on: August 20, 2011, 03:07:20 am »

@acanthus.
sb stands for? what's the site/place/acronym significate?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: August 20, 2011, 03:31:03 am »

The SpaceBattles forums.

Pretty large crowd of fanfic authors out there.

Also, IronyOwl, are you talking about me?

I mean, Saito's the biggest unabashed perv and Louise is like the worst tsundere in the history of tsunderes.

Whenever there's some character development, it goes down the drain for more immature perv jokes and "BAKA!" puns.

:|
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: August 20, 2011, 03:37:45 am »

Zero no Tsukaima is only good because of the massive wave of suprisingly good fanfiction
Don't you mean, 'ero doujinshi'?

I mean, Saito's the biggest unabashed perv and Louise is like the worst tsundere in the history of tsunderes.

Whenever there's some character development, it goes down the drain for more immature perv jokes and "BAKA!" puns.
This picture summarizes my thoughts about the series quite well. Warning - tl;dr inbound.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: August 20, 2011, 04:25:50 am »

Oh no, not that. I honestly didn't know there was anything to the series other than Louise abusing Saito.

I'm talking about the badly done Queen's Blade/DBZ/Berserk hybrid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:49 am »

Zero no Tsukaima is only good because of the massive wave of suprisingly good fanfiction

Actually, no, I mean actual fanfiction. Besides, I'm not into hentai :P

I mean there are all these fics floating about on the web where someone aside from Dumbass Mc Panty-fondler is summoned by the Terrible Pinkette. I mean, there's one where Alex Mercer from Prototype was summoned, and it is seventeen billion flavors of beautifully awesomeness. The whole trend stems from the idea that the ZnT-verse can be awesome in the right writer's hands, and with the right unfortunate slob to be summoned by the petite pinkette.

I guess the trend was started by a fic called Hill of Swords where Louise gets a post-game-end Shirou (forget which route) from F/SN. Very well written and shit.

I digress, I am getting OT so I have a question for all of y'all. There was this anime JoshuaFH mentioned a while back. I looked into it, found it interesting but then I forgot it. It's supposed to be about this high school guy who's all scary looking only because he 'looks' mean and then there's this teeny-weeny little girl whose nickname has something to do with a tiger or something. It's supposed to be slice-of-life and romantic and shit, and considering all the heavy shit I just read/watched, I think I need a break.

Would anyone care to help this poor nooblet?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: August 20, 2011, 10:58:37 am »

OH man, did I mention something like that? I'm straining this brain of mine, trying to remember.

Mean looking guy, girl with a nickname that has something to do with a tiger... I'm not sure!

There's the Sakura Wars anime, based off the videogames, but in that scenario it's the man whose name is based off Tiger (Taiga) and all the women are the hyper competent ones. Not necessarily mean, though Charon is sort of a bitch. Very lighthearted and fun show, nonetheless.

I'll devote the resources of my tired brain to try to remember this for you.

In the meantime, there are other relaxing animes you could enjoy. I trust that you've seen Azumanga Daioh? There's also it's "On Moe steroids" sister show, Lucky Star. His and Her Circumstances is entertaining, whimsical, and fun to watch, even if you're pissed out of your gourd with how incomplete it is by the end of it all.

I'll consult my long list of animes I've watched to try to remember more things for you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: August 20, 2011, 11:07:24 am »

Ah, that explains it. I never actually watched that one.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: August 20, 2011, 11:15:53 am »

There we go!

Thanks, Taz, although apologies to Josh for making his tired brain work for nothing :P

EDIT: I'll certainly look into those series as well, JoshuaFH!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:19:35 am by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: August 20, 2011, 11:27:12 am »

considering all the heavy shit I just read/watched, I think I need a break.

I watched and old 90's anime called "All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku" the other day, coz the weird title interested me. It was actually pretty entertaining. I watched the 12 part TV version, there's an older OVA i haven't seen which has good reviews too, and a more recent retconned OVA (nuku nuku dash) that got bad reviews. They took out the bit about her being a catgirl but kept "catgirl" in the title. Which is really stupid.

Mentioned it because i searched and it's never been mentioned here before. I think it's a pretty funny / lighthearted series, as long as you can cope with the fact that every character (bar one) is (by design) incredibly stupid and silly anime cliches taken to the logical extreme (fully lampshaded and acknowledged though, lots of 4th wall breaking). they've got a "book girl" who makes Yuki Nagato look like a light-weight. This is a truly hardcore bookgirl!

has lots of jokes subverting old mecha and mahou shoujo series tropes. Though there was one really annoying character I would shoot if I could ;) Nuku Nuku looks human but has a cat's brain, so they even subvert the catgirl concept ;) She does has retractable mecha nekomimi though

Something a little different from the huge crop of slice of life / romance / harem comedies you get today.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:52:29 am by Reelyanoob »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8816 on: August 20, 2011, 12:28:48 pm »

Negatory. Three words. Points of Familiarity.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

Toradora!
This was kind of a neat show. It took the whole 'tsundere' thing and presented it as an actual psychological problem or social disability, or whatever you want to call it. It was a nice change from everybody thinking that being unable to express affection except through violence was normal, though.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: August 20, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »

I kind of just binge read Watanagashi-hen right now.  I needed a manga fix after all this VN playing.
It actually made me kind of sad at the end.
Also, Terminator Ooishi is the best thing ever.  Just saying.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4194

Found a anime retelling of the Count of Monte Cristo, which is awesome since I had to read it for school.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 2193