Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059638 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8655 on: August 08, 2011, 12:22:21 am »

-Fate Stay/Night stuff-

This is probably spoilers, but one of the many myths around King Arthur was that, in addition to being able to cut through anything, Excalibur also had a magic sheathe that made him invincible because crazy healing powers.

It completely depends on what version of the myths you read, of course, but it's there.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: August 08, 2011, 12:24:57 am »

-Fate Stay/Night stuff-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:24 am »

So I stumbled on an obscure Figure Skating anime by the name of Ginban Kaleidoscope. Here is the synopsis, and why I feel so compelled to tell you about it:

16-year old Sakurano Tazusa is a Japanese figure ice-skater who considers herself to be worth $10 billion in beauty. While executing her moves in the Women`s Figure Skating Grand Prix, she stumbled and landed badly, hence resulting in her loss in the competition. At the same time in a different place, a Canadian youth by the name of Pete Pumps was performing an air stunt when an accident happened which led to his passing. By a weird twist of fate, Tazusa began to hear strange voices and realised that a Canadian ghost has resided in her body. After futile attempts to get rid of Pete, Tazusa decides to get accustomed to his presence and in the meantime, improve on her techniques in order to get selected for the Olympics.
By a weird twist of fate, Tazusa began to hear strange voices and realised that a Canadian ghost has resided in her body. After futile attempts to get rid of Pete, Tazusa decides to get accustomed to his presence and in the meantime, improve on her techniques in order to get selected for the Olympics.
a Canadian ghost has resided in her body

Man, I don't know if I should drop everything just to watch this right now or what.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: August 08, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

I thought Russia is owning Figure skating right now and Canada is struggling because of its current status in athletic support.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: August 08, 2011, 09:00:16 am »

Putting in another plug for Mind Game.

It's a fun and completely wild movie that puts Paprika to shame as far as "what the hell is going on" sequences go. The animation is pretty unique, along the same lines as Tekkon Kinkreet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW6qZIAi9go&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_467873

A video of what you can expect. It's not spoilery at all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: August 08, 2011, 09:06:08 am »

I thought Russia is owning Figure skating right now and Canada is struggling because of its current status in athletic support.
Ghosts don't need athletic support.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:54 pm »

Ghosts don't need athletic support.

I'm having a hard time deciding which way I should interpret this, because both of the possible meanings are pretty funny.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know of a site or group that hosts fansubs that aren't 'horrid' or below on the quality of the video? Or should I just do a mass download before I go to uni, leaving my semi-reliable internet connection behind?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »

Here's 2/6 of Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works.  The seventh day.
Total playtime: 96 hours or 4 days

Entertaining day, leading into another one as well.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: August 08, 2011, 08:40:04 pm »

I'm almost done with Nanoha's first season, just need to watch the last 2 episodes.

My reaction: SHIT GOT REAL DAWG

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all, I seriously do not regret dropping this.

A few questions, though. Why is Raging Heart a nonlethal weapon? Why does the TSAB let 9-year-olds fight for them?! And why is this show so awesome?!?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

A few questions, though. Why is Raging Heart a nonlethal weapon? Why does the TSAB let 9-year-olds fight for them?! And why is this show so awesome?!?
Bascially, the studio was told to make a generic magical girl anime, did so (Mostly. It's noticeable that they don't like it too much) for the first few episodes, then decided "Fuck it, this is getting embarrassing. Let's make it badass."

This is why.  :)
StrikerS is quite a bit different to the first season, but it's still good.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: August 08, 2011, 09:52:08 pm »

You still didn't answer why the Raging Heart (and by extension Fate's device thing, Barchiel or Bardiel or whatever you call him/it) isn't lethal :P
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »

In Catherine, with my truthful answers run, I ended up with the Good Catherine end.

Also got the True Freedom end shortly after, which was probably the best ending in the game.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:54 pm »

You still didn't answer why the Raging Heart (and by extension Fate's device thing, Barchiel or Bardiel or whatever you call him/it) isn't lethal :P

"Let's make it badass" is the answer to everything. Someone doing enough damage to level a city but also leaving the person they were trying to save unharmed? Badass.

Since Nanoha was usually trying to save the people she was shooting at, this works.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: August 08, 2011, 10:47:05 pm »

It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

Really, they're nonlethal because they're magic. That's the only reason given. Presumably you could still kill someone with a little creativity, but you can't harm living beings directly with it, even if it's something like this. Which is why the TSAB has banned conventional firearms: You can't shoot to stun with bullets.

Also, it's Bardiche. It's named after a type of poleaxe.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:00 pm »

Well, yeah, there's that reason.

@TSAB saying no to guns: Well there's always rubber bullets :D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 2193