Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060534 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8625 on: August 06, 2011, 01:30:38 am »

It's simple.  Heiji does the west and Conan does the east.  We don't need to over complicate ourselves here.

I sure hope my store isn't robbed while Conan or Heiji are in another town or something... That would be horrible.

Either crimes don't happen while they aren't in town, or there are MULTIPLE CONANS.

Why does this theory make soo much sense?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: August 06, 2011, 08:04:25 am »

Read all of Vagabond again, this time, in the proper order. So good.

Also watched Clannad After Story again. Water works still working fine, apparently.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: August 06, 2011, 08:21:26 am »

I sure hope my store isn't robbed while Conan or Heiji are in another town or something... That would be horrible.
There's a theory that genius detectives are actually the bringers of death and misfortune to their acquaintances and anyplace they visit...like they always carry super conductive & explosive lighting rods that summons storm clouds. The whole "always just in the right place at the right time" handwaving is bullcrap after hundreds of "Crazy Random Happenstance" cases.

Heh, I always found it funny that some random carpenter/driver/everyman is a criminal mastermind that can create almost foolproof close/locked door mysteries and such.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: August 06, 2011, 08:48:14 am »

Also watched Clannad After Story again. Water works still working fine, apparently.

I've rewatched Clannad about twice a year since it aired and I still cry a fountain every fucking time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: August 06, 2011, 09:04:18 am »

Except Kaitou Kid.  You can never catch Kaitou Kid even if you were Kaitou Kid.
Or the Black Organization.  They're allowed to get away with murder and the vague promise that they'll be caught one day.

Heh, I always found it funny that some random carpenter/driver/everyman is a criminal mastermind that can create almost foolproof close/locked door mysteries and such.
In addition to being lightning rods for murder, their mere presence enhances the intellectual capacity of any potential murderers there.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »

I've rewatched Clannad about twice a year since it aired and I still cry a fountain every fucking time.
I don't see how it would be possible to remain dry-eyed during certain parts of that. It's way up there on my list of 'most emotionally intense media experiences.'
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »

GiTS episode 3.

Pretty awesome, and the Tachikomas are adorable.

The whole 'sexdoll' thing kinda creeps me out, but hey, Japan. :P

Also, so this 'Ghost' thing is something exclusive to humans or summat?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:38 am »

The whole "always just in the right place at the right time" handwaving is bullcrap after hundreds of "Crazy Random Happenstance" cases

Especially in light of ACTUAL murder statistics.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: August 07, 2011, 02:19:34 am »

Here's 2/4 of Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works.  The fifth day.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:32 am »

GiTS episode 3.

Pretty awesome, and the Tachikomas are adorable.

The whole 'sexdoll' thing kinda creeps me out, but hey, Japan. :P

Also, so this 'Ghost' thing is something exclusive to humans or summat?

I think it's just the word they're using for "soul" since "Ghost in the Shell" sounds better than "Soul in the Shell".

It's used to refer to the thing that makes a person a person, which is a pretty important thing in a world where their flesh-and-blood body might be a small pile of ash somewhere.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: August 07, 2011, 10:14:10 am »

I think the choice to use "ghost" instead of "soul" or "spirit," and also "shell" instead of "body" or "android" was pretty creative.  It makes the title very blunt.  It's like it says "you are only haunting a hollow body.  It's not yours.  You should be dead.  Feel lucky that you aren't dead."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8636 on: August 07, 2011, 01:27:57 pm »

I always thought it was a play on "Ghost in the Machine"

I think the 'shell' is used as a play on "A shell of his/her former self", or as a comparison to a container/vessel, as in you are not also your body, you are only contained within it's fake confines.

Mix the two together and you get a pretty awesome (although with chilling implications) title with a solid message.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: August 07, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »

Well, I've finished episode 5 of GiTS.

Pretty cool, brah, and now I know where that weird symbol came from now. I am also loving the little Tachikoma omakes at the end of each episode.

Sooo cuuute~

Also... I have a confession to make.

My friend told me "Hey Acanthus, I herd you like military scifi/fantasy, so why not watch Nanoha?" (as well as A's and StrikerS.)

And then I was like "What? Isn't that a cookie-cutter Magical Girl animoo?"

I'm still on the first show, episode 5... no military in sight ;-;. It seems like your standard Magical Girl schtick. Although the weird cowlick thing everyone seems to have is kinda funny to watch out for.

Is it good or should I dump it? I want to knowww
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: August 07, 2011, 10:58:19 pm »

Nahona is good. Bascially, the studio was told to make a generic magical girl anime, did so (Mostly. It's noticeable that they don't like it too much) for the first few episodes, then decided "Fuck it, this is getting embarrassing. Let's make it badass."

The military scifi/fantasy doesn't really come into play until the near end of the first season, but it's what the entire second is about.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: August 07, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »

I'll take your word for it.

I'll just suffer from this horribly awkward fanservice episode with 9-year olds. It better be worth it brah :V
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 2193