Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060837 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8595 on: August 03, 2011, 06:25:00 pm »

Tachikomas are the best things ever.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: August 03, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »

Get a load of this.
GET A LOAD OF- GET A LOAD OF- GET A LOAD OF THIS!
Sorry, I apologize, my soul still burns from the pitifulness and awfulness that is the Egg Emperor of Sonic Heroes...
I finally finished Code Geass.  Last year I watched all the way to episode 23 of R2 before stopping and getting busy with other things.  Today I finally watched episodes 23-25.  That was pretty cool.  I liked the whole series mostly.
About time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: August 03, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »

Catherine has gotten classical music stuck in my head forever. Bizet's Farandole, Bach's "Little" Fugue, and Dvorak's New World Symphony won't leave me alone.

In this run of Catherine, now that I understand how texting works, it's really pushing me a lot more towards the chaotic side.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: August 03, 2011, 06:56:27 pm »

I finished watching Hajime No Ippo: New Challenger!

This is one of those rare anime that allow you to ignore the manga altogether, if only because it's copied from it so flawlessly, except with the addition of WHEE Special effects!

The 26 episode series covers the first few of Ippo's Title defenses, the introduction of Itagaki and his first two matches, the second beach outing, and Takamura's world title match! It's quite a few chapters of the manga, but it's a miserably small portion when compared to how much is left.

I heard there's going to be a third season, but I couldn't tell you how many more seasons it would need to cover the manga in it's entirety.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »

Yeah I don't know.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: August 03, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »

Oh yeah Toon, you've seen the trailer for Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton right? I can't help but think it looks awesome.

Too bad it's for the 3DS, and it's only scheduled to be released in Japan currently.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

Oh yeah Toon, you've seen the trailer for Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton right? I can't help but think it looks awesome.
Too bad it's for the 3DS, and it's only scheduled to be released in Japan currently.
Yeah I saw it awhile ago.  It's one of the reasons why I started playing Professor Layton.  Too bad it's going to be 3DS exclusive and Japan-only.  Double bummer.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:38 pm »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: August 03, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »

2/2 of Fate/stay night...again?  Uhhhh

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: August 04, 2011, 12:54:47 am »

Catching up on Hayate the Combat Butler. Isumi, why are you such an adorable little ditz? Seriously, she forgot that she had put a whistle in her mouth and started wondering where that 'piii' sound kept coming from.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: August 04, 2011, 11:43:20 am »

Really? I thought it was cancelled... or at least announced that it would never EVER come to the west.

"Isumi, why are you such an adorable little ditz?"

Because if she had any shred of competency she would have EASILY won Hayate (if Isumi is who I am thinking of... It is the girl from Hayate's old school right?)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:44:51 am by Neonivek »

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:26 pm »

Because if she had any shred of competency she would have EASILY won Hayate (if Isumi is who I am thinking of... It is the girl from Hayate's old school right?)

Nope, Isumi is the girl who always gets lost and always walks around in kimono.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: August 04, 2011, 12:31:12 pm »

Nope, Isumi is the girl who always gets lost and always walks around in kimono.

Well I know why she is so ditzy but unfortunately: SPOILERS

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: August 04, 2011, 10:18:52 pm »

I finished AnoHana.  It was fine I needed a short series to watch as a break.  I'll need a new anime series to watch now.  Probably Steins;Gate or something, hehe.

EDIT:
Hah, that first episode was great.  I wasn't expecting the main character to be so eccentric and paranoid like that.  Dr. Pepper supports the Rebellion Steins;Gate!  In any case, I'll be sure to play the visual novel when the translation is finished since I don't think there's a complete translation yet.

EDITX2:
And there goes episodes two and three.  I'm finding all the dialogue to be witty and charming and I will definitely be continuing tomorrow since it's late now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:49:26 am by ToonyMan »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: August 05, 2011, 01:52:18 am »

Just finished watching Mononoke-Hime (aka Princess Mononoke), and was reminded of how much I loved the story. When simplified, it's about a man cursed by fate to die, who accepts this, and uses what time and ability he has left to help put and end to the suffering of others... a very rarely explored heroic archetype. It also focused more on the strength of character required to hold oneself back from violence, rather than just the physical strength displayed in succumbing to it. Also, the "villains" were morally grey, and had plenty of redeeming qualities... and despite all their misguided ambition, none had to be "defeated" in order for the protagonists to succeed. In fact, each "villain" instead had to confront themselves and their own ambition, and grew from the experience. This seems a lot more human to me.

I remember how much I used to find the character San cute too... I think it was all the badassery and conviction she displayed, coupled with her hardened brand of compassion. Also, her gender wasn't a core part of her character, but was instead just one small factor; this doesn't happen often in film, much less with a male lead's love interest. Oh, and the whole befriending an army of giant talking animal-gods to fight against firearm-wielding whores and lepers still remains pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 2193