Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059609 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8040 on: July 02, 2011, 10:20:07 am »

I tried watching strike witches but I couldn't get past the THE GIRLS THAT LOOK NO YOUNGER THAN TEN CONSTANLY HAVING THEIR PANTS OFF, its just not my thing....... I have an age minimum on fanservice potrayels.
Also, I finished watching Balsilisk....f*cking EPOCH, I litterally woke my house up clapping during the credits.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:25 am »

I tried watching strike witches but I couldn't get past the THE GIRLS THAT LOOK NO YOUNGER THAN TEN CONSTANLY HAVING THEIR PANTS OFF
Huh... so you need them to look younger than 10, then?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: July 02, 2011, 11:46:55 am »

There's always Divergence Eve.

Too bad they shrank the tits... I used to be able to do an image search for that any time I wanted to laugh myself silly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: July 02, 2011, 01:00:13 pm »

Also the fanservice...

oh god the fanservice.

Which version are you watching?
Because I heard the DVD version is uncensored. Disturbingly uncensored.

It is, as are Season 2's blurays. Shit's glorious.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: July 02, 2011, 01:04:52 pm »

I tried watching strike witches but I couldn't get past the THE GIRLS THAT LOOK NO YOUNGER THAN TEN CONSTANLY HAVING THEIR PANTS OFF
Huh... so you need them to look younger than 10, then?

It is a common complaint from people who are just getting into anime or people who have been into anime before the current pedophiliac run of anime (yes that word is accurate... unfortunately).

I watch enough cartoons (even children cartoons) that I am just numb to the use of children... even if they are often used as sexual objects I am usually blunt enough not to see it until it is really... really overt... (Dang it Hayate Combat Butler)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: July 02, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

I was just joking based on the fact that he accidentally wrote "younger" instead of "older" :P.

Incidentally, the hits for Divergence Eve still look pretty damn ridiculous even if they're apparently shrunk...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:31:36 pm by Leafsnail »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: July 02, 2011, 01:34:16 pm »

Eh... I used to be able to find official images where their breasts were about a foot and a half long.  It was one of the most absurd things I'd ever seen...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: July 02, 2011, 09:14:16 pm »

As I'm playing through Matsuribayashi-hen I'm starting to come to the horrible realization that...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8048 on: July 02, 2011, 11:56:59 pm »

Durarara. Episode two. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

WHAT GENRE IS THIS SHOW!?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: July 02, 2011, 11:58:28 pm »

Light novel genre.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: July 02, 2011, 11:59:00 pm »

Awesome. That's all the genre you need. I watched it too and I'm enthralled. That information broker guy with the fur-lined coat is so smug it's intoxicating. And managing to end the episode on an idealistic note just blew my mind.

Now then on to tonight's main event: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood episode "Watch the Armstrongs beat up Sloth"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: July 03, 2011, 12:13:39 am »

Awesome. That's all the genre you need. I watched it too and I'm enthralled. That information broker guy with the fur-lined coat is so smug it's intoxicating. And managing to end the episode on an idealistic note just blew my mind.

Now then on to tonight's main event: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood episode "Watch the Armstrongs beat up Sloth"

There are more of them? O.o
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: July 03, 2011, 12:25:01 am »

So, watching the second season of Those Who Hunt Elves, and I'm finding it to be quite a bit less satisfying than the first season, filled with dumb premises, deus ex machina, completely forgetting the rather important plot point that ended off the first season, and generally just being disappointing, unfunny, and bland. Episode 4 of season 2? That was a few hours ago, and I still have a headache about it. Some of the eps have their high points, but it's not shaping up well.

Sherlock Hound though? A romp of merriment and adventure guaranteed in every episode, doled out in correct serving sizes and displayed attractively for your watching enjoyment. I had to take a break and watch two eps of SH after watching ep 4 of TWHE S2 before continuing.

Weekends are usually where I binge on anime, my weekdays are mostly for videogaming nowadays.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: July 03, 2011, 12:55:12 am »

There are more of them? O.o
Shhhhhhh

Weekends are usually where I binge on anime, my weekdays are mostly for videogaming nowadays.
My weekends and weekdays are just the same all the time.  Anime, manga, visual novels, light novels.

Coming to another realization in Matsuribayashi-hen,

EDIT:
Spoiler: and more (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:24:37 am by ToonyMan »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: July 03, 2011, 04:26:11 am »

I have discovered the magic of OAVs. OVAs. Whatever. Currently watching the Fire Emblem OAV.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 2193