Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060844 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7995 on: June 29, 2011, 05:30:45 pm »

3 words
Neima. Daikon. Brothers.
I LOVED that show.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: June 29, 2011, 05:56:52 pm »

I just found out about Haruno Nanae's other manga.
Why was I not informed of this earlier!?

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: June 29, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »

I felt the same way when I found out about Aoki Ume's Tetsunagi no Kooni and Hiroyuki's Mangaka-san to Assistant-san. :p

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »

So I watched Denpa Teki na Kanojo, also known as Electromagnetic Girlfriend, today. I found it quite entertaining, if a bit confounding.

Basically, it's about a rather tough highschool boy that is met by a girl who pledges her eternal loyalty to him, and vows to protect him at all costs. The explanation she gives is that they had a previous life together, in a rather dubious story about a fictional realm a 1000 years ago. He doesn't buy it, and just ditches her, but when a friend of his gets killed by a psycho, he finds that he needs her help to help solve the case.

There are some rather grizzly deaths and other unnecessarily lewd content, which is meant to set some of the characters as mentally and emotionally deranged. The main character is kind of a messiah. Ame, the electromagnetic GF is question, is bizarrely competent, and possibly telepathic, despite just coming from an ordinary family with no real reason to have these abilities. I just found it weird that she has so little characterization, although the series is only two 40~ minute episodes, so there was only so much. But still.

I recommend it, it was a fun watch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:55 am »

Wow Lupin III is classy.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:24 pm »

I shall never have a favorite character not vital to the plot line ever again. I swear, they always die, lose the use of their legs, or some other horrible thing.

Also, in FMA:B, Alkahestry is the same science as Alchemy, just used for different purposes, correct?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: June 30, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

I shall never have a favorite character not vital to the plot line ever again. I swear, they always die, lose the use of their legs, or some other horrible thing.
Also, in FMA:B, Alkahestry is the same science as Alchemy, just used for different purposes, correct?
It's so you can throw ninja stars and be all cool like.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:09 pm »

Newest episode watched discovery:

Also, I can now appreciate your old avatar fully, Toonyman. (The one with Ling jumping out and blowing up Gluttony.) Ling is definitely one of the awesomest characters I've seen, probably rivaling even Kamina.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: June 30, 2011, 09:45:15 pm »

Oh Ling gets much better as Brotherhood goes on.  Man you're in for a treat

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: June 30, 2011, 10:54:48 pm »

Never ever get too attached to a character who acts fatherly/motherly or like a big brother/sister to one of the key characters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »

Man I forgot how good Shin Angyo Onshi is.  Now that I've finished 20th Century Boys I'm gonna finish Shin Angyo Onshi.  I'm on volume 11 of 17, so gooooooood.  And yeah, I made progress in Matsuribayashi-hen too, don't worry.

EDIT:
Wow so volume 11 was pretty much just Munsu's past with lots of waaaaaaar.  Won Sul still proves to be badass.  Anyway, volume 12 decides to put all the characters in formal wear for some absurd reason. (for the cover anyway)  Ah whatever I love it.  Munsu actually doesn't look like a slob when his hair is reasonably trimmed and while wearing a suit.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:12:35 am by ToonyMan »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: July 01, 2011, 12:15:45 am »

Nuuuuuuu!

So most of my anime lately has been from a newly discovered source:
Leeching off of the parents Netflix (via Stream Instantly on my iPod. Quite nice for when you can't sleep at night, or pretty much anywhere).

Anyways, Netflix has FMA:B divided into about 5 parts. But the search function on the iPod lists all the related stuff that is streamable first, followed by DVDs. So I only thought there were two parts, but the other 3 are available, just not on their stream instantly.

Blah, what a pain.

And I want a panda that is diseased to stay a baby. Or just any panda.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: July 01, 2011, 12:24:36 am »

When I grow up, I want to be a ToonyMan, so I can subsist off anime and manga.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: July 01, 2011, 12:29:19 am »

When I grow up, I want to be a ToonyMan, so I can subsist off anime and manga.
That's just any otaku, not just Toony :P

Speaking of otaku, I read this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/26/ryan-cleary-lulzsec-otaku?INTCMP=SRCH

Aparently otaku are evil internet hackers now. :-/
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 2193