Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060857 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7950 on: June 26, 2011, 11:54:08 pm »

I suppose anything with an interesting plot and nonbland characters would be a good start.
For manga and stuff adapted into manga stuff I enjoyed/enjoy reading:

20th Century Boys
Darker Than Black - Shikkoku no Hana
Death Note
Detective Conan
Fullmetal Alchemist
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Hoshi no Samidare
Liar Game
Mirai Nikki (although the ending was stupid)
Monster
One Piece
Sengoku Youko
Shin Angyo Onshi
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

And probably other stuff I'm forgetting or going to get around to doing like Blame! and Akira.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:16 am »

mangaupdates is a good place, I tend to bounce between them and mangatraders.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:30 am »

Yeah, I'm pooped as far as giving recommendations go when looking at your list.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:42 am »

Just watched Rozen Maiden: Ouverture.
Geez, those dolls are seriously messed up, but it makes sense now. But what's with the mysterious Rozen guy? He obviously has some mental issues :-/

Also is Ouverture before or after Traumend?

@Toony: you might like "King of Thorn". It's about a disease and people who are cryogenically frozen to wait for a cure. But then they wake up to a seriously different world (in a BAD way, not a Futurama way). Hard to get into the good stuff without major spoilers though. Like this one:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:35 am »

King of Thorn looks interesting and it's only 37 chapters too.  I'll check it out later.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: June 27, 2011, 12:48:22 am »

Pretty sure that Rozen Maiden Traumend happens before Overture.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: June 27, 2011, 12:53:08 am »

I hate Gundam and love Macross. Any other shows people would recommend for someone like me?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:53 am »

Here's some quick manga recommendations from what I can currently remember:

Until Death do us Part - Badass Blind Swordsman protects a girl that can foresee the future. Better than it sounds, Currently Ongoing.

School Rumble - Funny and quirky characters. Finished but you'll need School Rumble Z for more..."Closure"(?)

GTO - Ex-gang member turned teacher teaches kids to enjoy life through his unique hotblooded and will-usually-make-you-end-up-in-jail ways. Finished.

Vinland Saga - Vikings doing what they do best. Said to make you grow chest hair as you read. Ongoing as well.

Ubel Blatt  - a swordsman's quest for vengeance against those who betrayed and killed him and now call themselves the seven heroes of the land. Not for kids, Currently on Hiatus.

SHINA DARK - The demon lord awakens and countries the world over send over a thousand sacrificial maidens to the island in an attempt to satisfy his "legendary lust" and protect their lands from his fury. But the series is actually a comedy so he's more interested in naps and fishing than world domination. Finished(?) with 4 volumes.

Sankarea - ecchi horror manga about a zombie-obsessed boy who discovers how to resurrect the dead and as a result acquires a zombie girlfriend. Seriously. Really.

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan - short read but interesting. Finished.

Brain's glitchin'...gotta' do it quick.  Letsee'...some more finished manga's that might pick your interest are: Arcana, GA-REI, Tsukihime, LOCK-ON!, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl, Blood Alone, Yotsubato! and *GLITCH* Memory Error

Bleh...Hmm, 4-koma manga's don't interest you huh?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: June 27, 2011, 02:17:37 am »

Here's some quick manga recommendations from what I can currently remember:

Until Death do us Part - Badass Blind Swordsman protects a girl that can foresee the future. Better than it sounds, Currently Ongoing.

Vinland Saga - Vikings doing what they do best. Said to make you grow chest hair as you read. Ongoing as well.

Ubel Blatt  - a swordsman's quest for vengeance against those who betrayed and killed him and now call themselves the seven heroes of the land. Not for kids, Currently on Hiatus.

Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl, Blood Alone, Yotsubato!

Things I can throw my support behind. I had to take Tsukihime off because I haven't read the manga... and the anime version "doesn't exist."

@ Reelyanoob
You seem to like mecha, so you might want to try Gurren Lagann, Super Robot Taisen and Blue Gender. The first two are more retro 'over the top' type shows. Gurren Lagann takes over the top to an *extreme*. Super Robot Taisen is less so. Blue Gender is the exact opposite in that it's fairly serious all the time.
From there depending on how you liked SRT and Gurren Lagann you can try the first two seasons of Full Metal Panic. There is a third season but it kind of stops being a mecha show at that point.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: June 27, 2011, 03:51:36 am »

According to this, Ouvertüre is the prequel and Träumend the sequel of the original series.
I really should hurry up and watch some more Rozen Maiden...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: June 27, 2011, 07:08:11 am »

According to this, Ouvertüre is the prequel and Träumend the sequel of the original series.
I really should hurry up and watch some more Rozen Maiden...

I don't know... the show is pretty much set up to NEVER have a final ending. Since the ending would require certain things to happen that would destroy the series.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: June 27, 2011, 09:55:28 am »

I only like anime a lot... currently watching Nichijou and A-Channel more than anything. Been reading more manga of late than I've been watching anime. >.<

Nichijou is still one of my favorites of the season, and i'm sad to see A-Channel go. Thankfully there's more than enough to replace it next season, Yuru Yuri especially. It's manga was extremely cute, so the anime might be a possible cause of death by moe overload. Those uniforms, hhnnnngngn.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:11 am »

So have you watched MD Geist yet, Neonivek? I've heard it's the kind of thing you'd end up watching.

I've had people suggest it... however the fact that my INSANE friend suggested it (and once tried to force me to watch it) has made me pants wettingly afraid.

Also I hate it when people tell me to look at things... no matter how good. (suggestions are alright...)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:31:32 pm by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: June 27, 2011, 03:29:55 pm »

I hate Gundam and love Macross. Any other shows people would recommend for someone like me?
As similar as those shows are to each other, you'll have to elaborate on why if you want decent reccomendations.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: June 27, 2011, 09:28:30 pm »

Watched Code Geass till episode 13, which I will watch later today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2193