Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060822 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7935 on: June 25, 2011, 02:57:17 pm »

so buddy of mine is hooking me up with the new Trigun movie, oh damn bout time to see Stampede kick some more ass.

Wait, they made a new one?  Ach, I have to see this.

Yeah, I've been hearing about it for a while, but sadly I don't think it will air in any movie theaters in my state. They might air it in just one city, but it's doubtful. =(
I'll probably have to wait until it's on DVD or something.
Dunno, last news was back in april 2010 but Otaku reported that it was coming out this month or next for theaters.

edit: i found the show dates http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/trigun-badlands-rumble-us-theater-dates/125221

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: June 25, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »

I watched the bluray of it at new years, I thought it was fairly decent. It was the same level of quality as the TV series.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: June 25, 2011, 04:21:43 pm »

Rozen Maiden is a really cutesy and (at times) really silly show.
And (that far) no fanservice at all. I'm impressed.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7938 on: June 26, 2011, 12:01:31 am »

Just watched the first episode of Durarara...

Why was the introduction almost verbatim to that of FLCL? What the hell sort of genre is this series in? It's like slice of life/coming of age with Japanese, pop, and internet culture, mixed in with random fantasy mystery? Almost makes me think of a crossover of FLCL and Soul Eater with some of the stuff that's in there. The first episode didn't really give me a good idea of what I can expect (probably intentional).

I'll see where it goes.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: June 26, 2011, 12:41:46 am »

I was watching Live On and they were up against Team Spice

and I just kept thinking to myself: "You know, if their opponents were the Spice Girls then this would be absolutely awsome"

Unfortunately it wasn't...

Though it did feature what seems like satan in disguise... I mean does no one notice the red glowing eyes of EVIL!?!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:38:28 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: June 26, 2011, 10:42:50 am »

Since my internet has been dead this weekend I read volume 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 of 20th Century Boys.  This is like, a required manga to read if you plan on reading manga.  I also watched a few more episodes of Vision of Escaflowne.  I didn't play Matsuribiyashi-hen at all, but whatever I was busy this weekend with my Dad.  I'll start playing Higurashi later today probably, after I finish 20th Century Boys.

I only have a few more volumes to go for it.  I'll be sad when it's over.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: June 26, 2011, 01:32:37 pm »

Well I finished the series and it ended before the characters went to nationals

But personally the experience was soured a bit by the fact that the two most powerful duelists, who are not the main characters, are currently undefeatable.

I don't know... it doesn't feel like a real ending unless the main characters actually... you know... defeat the villain.

Dang what other anime did this? Yakkate Japan!!! I should have known! How DARE you infect other animes with your disease.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: June 26, 2011, 03:46:49 pm »

So have you watched MD Geist yet, Neonivek? I've heard it's the kind of thing you'd end up watching.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: June 26, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

I only like anime a lot... currently watching Nichijou and A-Channel more than anything. Been reading more manga of late than I've been watching anime. >.<

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:11 pm »

I only like anime a lot... currently watching Nichijou and A-Channel more than anything. Been reading more manga of late than I've been watching anime. >.<
Names?  Names!  Names!?

Of the manga I mean.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:54:08 pm by ToonyMan »

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: June 26, 2011, 11:03:43 pm »

Hayate no Gotoku, Ichinensei Ni Nacchattara, Otaku no Musume, Blood Alone. Those are just what I keep up with most actively though. :p

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »

Thank you for the names.  I've only heard of Blood Alone from that list so that's three more possibilities now.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: June 26, 2011, 11:19:29 pm »

That's the one I expected you to not heard of. :p

Hayate no Gotoku is a comedy and likes to parody pretty much everything.

Ichinensei ni blahblahblah is also comedy main character saves a schoolgirl and gets mostly killed. Revived by a crazed lolicon scientist as a seven year old girl. Hilarity ensues.

Otaku no Musume-san is about a stereotypical otaku suddenly having the nine year old daughter he didn't know he had popping up on his doorstep. As you would assume, it's comedy/drama. ;p

I like comedy. >.<; It's not all I read I mean there's Blood Alone, Berserk, BLAME!, something that doesn't start with B. Oh and anything by [Gogi Power]Hiroyuki, Tsutomu Nihei, or Aoki Ume. :p

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:17 pm »

I check the release page of mangaupdates.com a lot.  Blame! was another one I plan to read later.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: June 26, 2011, 11:43:44 pm »

ToonyMan, any sort of general stuff you're into? I could try making some manga recommendations too, but I'm not terribly sure if you're into what I'm into.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2193