Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061630 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7890 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:26 pm »

I would think Lelouch is above abusing his Geass to... satisfy... his personal... needs.

Unless you're talking about him using CHARISMA.

That'd be more likely, but I'm partial to monogamy, tvym.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7891 on: June 22, 2011, 01:53:47 am »

That'd be more likely, but I'm partial to monogamy, tvym.

Brittania isn't. Therefore, Lelouch falling for everyone/everyone falling for Lelouch is quite plausible.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: June 22, 2011, 01:58:07 am »

Lelouch x Suzaku forever and you know it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: June 22, 2011, 02:34:29 am »

Brittania isn't. Therefore, Lelouch falling for everyone/everyone falling for Lelouch is quite plausible.

Woah.

Didn't know that.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: June 22, 2011, 03:05:20 am »

Finally caugh up with this thread. Quick note, for realistic mecha, look into Patlabor or Armored Trooper VOTOMS.

Also, this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:46 am »

I think the problem is that characters can be sad but it needs to be brought to the forefront in a reasonable way.

A character who had a terrible life and they are terrible themselves is one example of what is often an unlikable character if we are meant to connect with them.

A character who has a terrible life and but they adapted but have some serious quips can even make an endeering character.

It is the balance of strength and weakness they need to remember.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: June 22, 2011, 05:26:01 am »

All I can say is that people have different tastes and shit.

I have to admit that I lol'd, though.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:26 am »

Quote from: No.43753008
...accept that Code Geass isn't as great as you think it is.
Never, everything is exactly as great as I think it is.

Started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, liking it. I'm getting a kind of a Berserk feel but that's probably because of my small reference pool.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7898 on: June 22, 2011, 01:12:36 pm »

Lelouch x Suzaku forever and you know it.
NEVER. That's not even close to being canon. I deny your ship on the grounds that it has no basis in the series!

Woah.

Didn't know that.
Lelouch's mother was only one of the emperor's consorts/wives/I forget what term they used, IIRC that is.

Finally caugh up with this thread. Quick note, for realistic mecha, look into Patlabor or Armored Trooper VOTOMS.
Ooh, haven't heard of them. I'll have to look into it at some point.

Also, this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was a completely unexpected hook there at the end. I actually had typed out a huge thing addressing each of the points brought up that pertained to NGE, but then it's all like WHAT A TWIST! I was being all intelligent and stuff, too. My "wtf is this" turned into "LAWLZ", though, so it's all good.

That said, Code Geass still has a lot of win. Though, I find it disturbing that what the poster said about CG fit so well for NGE that it had me going there and when looking back at it it all still fit for CG.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: June 22, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

Finished Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
I was a bit suprised that it was only a different ending from the VN.

Visuals were beautiful. Very impressive.
Too bad that the end of the movie was horribly overdone and ridiculous.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: June 22, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »

Lelouch's mother was only one of the emperor's consorts/wives/I forget what term they used, IIRC that is.
The Emperor has 108 wives...he's lived the dream and is now bored of it.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: June 22, 2011, 07:54:20 pm »

The Emperor has 108 wives...he's lived the dream and is now bored of it.
Well, he's an emperor and that has historical precedent, so yeah...

Wait, will Lelouch aim for being the Emperor?!

Also, finished ep 7, watched 1/2 of episode 8. Will watch other half later.

My thoughts:

Oh, Shirley. You never cease to make misunderstandings out of anything, although I lol'd when she insinuated that they had sex huhuhuhu. Kallen's blushing (while not unprovoked and perfectly understandable in the circumstances) made it worse, and I was amused at her preparing to shank the poor lovebird. When Nina was comforted by Milly, I was thankful there's more to her than being a lusty, big-boobed ditz. Also, Cornelia is pretty cool, except for her stupid-looking flower collar thing. Oh, and the liquidation of yet another Japanese ghetto is pretty bad.

Stay classy, Britannia.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:34 pm »

Read the rest of volume 10 as well as finished reading volume 11, 12, and 13 of 20th Century Boys.  This is seriously a really good manga, like really, a great manga.  I thought Monster was good, but now Naoki Urasawa out does himself with this masterpiece.

A little over half way done now.  On chapter 146 I believe.  Man this series is so awesome.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: June 22, 2011, 11:35:20 pm »

Also I guess it's worth mentioning the next Visual Novel series I plan to do after Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is Fate/stay night.  Yes I know the first game is an eroge, but all the ones after that aren't and plus, come on, I've watched Dexter.  Having a little sex in there is no problem for me.

I've actually read a lot of the Tsukihime manga, which I know is Type-Moon's work before they did Fate/stay night and all the damn sequels.  I plan to finish that as well, maybe even the VN for Tsukihime too, but probably not.  The manga adaption seems to be doing an adequate job and I've quite enjoyed the four volumes I've read.

I'm still on game 7 of Higurashi, Minagoroshi.  I've made a lot of progress in that though.  I'm kinda getting distracted by how awesome 20th Century Boys is.  I do sometimes feel like everything I've done nobody else does in this thread but that's what's happens when you talk about manga and VNs in an anime thread.

Speaking of manga and VNs, I'll probably be adding Light Novels to that list too.  :I

Since I'm caught up in the Index and Railgun mangas reading the Light Novel (Railgun is just a spin-off manga series) would be an obvious next step.  I even found out that the Index manga is up to right where Baka-Tsuki starts translating Index.

I'm seriously overloading myself here.  I mean I've only listed probably 10% of what I'm actually doing right now.  Oh, if only I had all the time in the world...I'll make sure to use this free summer time wisely so I can experience everything.  I'd like to state that I haven't been bored in about...a year?  Ever since I resolved myself to never rewatch or redo anything and always try new things I have not once had nothing to do during the day.  I even have a gog damn spreadsheet of progress in everything I'm doing.

Ahh it's too much all of this is too much.  I need more time, more time...

EDIT:
Progress I'm making in watching anime = 0%

EDITX2:
Played a ton more Higurashi with the Minagoroshi-hen game.  Gog fucking damn this game is awesome.  I thought Tsumihoroboshi-hen was good, but this?!  It's sick.  Just like with Umineko, every game in Higurashi gets progressively better.  I'll probably finish Minagoroshi tonight, my review on it will hopefully not be a summary this time.

EDITX3:
I return two hours later (probably be three hours when I finally modify this post).  I wish somebody would post so I don't have to keep editing, but whatever.

I finished Minagoroshi.  That was an amazing game in the Higurashi series.  The second last one in Kai to be exact.

Well...anywho, I'm going to start game 8 of Higurashi tomorrow, Matsuribayashi.  This will be the last main game in the When They Cry sound novels games I will need to play.  The only main game besides that is Umineko's game 8, which is only 50% translated unfortunately.  So Matsuribayashi and the 2nd half of the last episode of Umineko.  I wonder which will come first, my guess?  MATSURIBAYASHI.  I'm gonna do this thing tomorrrooowwwwwwwww.  Matsuribayashi apparently means "festival accompanying", which makes sense.  THIS WILL BE A SHOWDOWN YEAH YEAH YEAH

I would play the Higurashi Rei VN after this, however there is no translation of it.  :[
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:33:03 am by ToonyMan »

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: June 24, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

So that's both of the noitaminA slot shows finished this season. Anohana was pretty good, while even on the last episode of C I still had no idea what the fuck was going on.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2193