Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061148 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7485 on: May 17, 2011, 08:19:49 am »

At your age, I can only recommend Last Exile without feeling like I'm offering up a mind-raping to an innocent =/
Ahw, c'mon now...brainwashing is fun! Oh and I also recommend that show...

Baccano! is also a fun ride...You'll end up wanting more. But there will probably never be an awesome new season because it's not...I dunno'..."mainstream" enough for Japan I guess.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:36 am »

Baccano! is also a fun ride...You'll end up wanting more. But there will probably never be an awesome new season because it's not...I dunno'..."mainstream" enough for Japan I guess.

You mean because it takes place in America and not Japan like almost every other show?
Or because there wasn't enough pointless fanservice.

On the plus side, I finally finished the first season of Liar Game. They should really warn you that the last episode is three freakin' hours long.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: May 17, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »

Dude the latest game in Liar Game took forever to read.  I spent hours going through musical chairs dammit, but now I have to wait.  Its been on hiatus for almost a year now.
Dilandau is creepy-as-fuck >:3
I really hated blond-dude, though.  Whoever the "prince charming" love interest was.
>:3

Yeah, that's Allen.  He is ridiculously "prince charming".  I think the real "prince charming" should be Hitomi since she has saved Van at least five times now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: May 17, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »

I'm thinking about trying another one of the animes. all of them. I liked Gurren Langann, and I don't really know any more of them really. Suggestions?

You might like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's quite a bit longer than Gurren Lagann, but it's comparably awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: May 17, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »

I'm thinking about trying another one of the animes. all of them. I liked Gurren Langann, and I don't really know any more of them really. Suggestions?

You might like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's quite a bit longer than Gurren Lagann, but it's comparably awesome.

You could also try Berserk. Although, as with most series, it would probably be best to just read the manga, especially seeing as how the anime ends with the Eclipse, prior to a good deal of character development, the introduction of virtually every other major character in the series, and, you know, more than half of the (current) storyline.

Oh, and Gantz is good, as is Claymore, as both anime ware actually pretty close to the original material, up until the end of the Buddha Arc and the the battle in the North, respectively, although the writers for the shows both pulled fairly BS endings from their asses to try to give some sort of resolution instead of saying "Oh, sorry, but we aren't going to continue making episodes!"

And I'd like to concur with whoever recommended Baccano!, as it is simply amazing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:16 pm »

Yeah, if you expand your viewings from say just anime, to manga and visual novels as well, you can really broaden your enjoyment.  Although, I admit I haven't read any light novels yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: May 17, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »

I pretty much only read manga nowadays, except when the anime is the original version (a la Nanoha or Code Geass). As for light novels, I haven't really gotten into those either, but from what I've heard the Baccano! and Full Metal Panic ones are pretty good.

3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: May 17, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Fun fact. Nanoha is, in fact, not the original version. The original version was an OVA for an H-game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: May 17, 2011, 04:30:17 pm »

Yeah, I remember that, wasn't it something like Triangle 3 Hearts Forever or something? The point I was making is that Nanoha wasn't a conversion of a manga, in which the plot may have been altered or abridged.

3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: May 17, 2011, 09:03:19 pm »

Man, half way through volume 10 of Shin Angyo Onshi and the situation is just getting worse and worse.  Classic.17 was horrible in that regard.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: May 17, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »

What is that anime about Toony? I've never heard of it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

What is that anime about Toony? I've never heard of it.
It's a Korean comic that's probably the most seinen thing I have ever read so far.  It's about a traveling Angyo Onshi who is like a protector of the land but bad stuff happens and yeah.  The characters are all pretty cool, but expect a lot of people to die shit tons as well.  It can get pretty messed up sometimes.

They made an OVA (90 minutes) which I haven't watched yet, but it looks pretty good.  I think I passed what it covers in the manhwa.  There's a trailer but it spoils horribly so I'm not linking it.

EDIT:
Here's the mangaupdates.com page for it.  Also, it's no surprise the highest recommended other manga compared to it is Berzerk.  :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:03:49 pm by ToonyMan »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: May 18, 2011, 02:28:52 am »

Man, half way through volume 10 of Shin Angyo Onshi and the situation is just getting worse and worse.  Classic.17 was horrible in that regard.
Guess your ride's more than halfway over...but I assure you that the fun "loops" and "dives" of that rollercoaster's gonna' get more interesting (I remmeber not being used to korean names and got kinda' weirded me out/confused at first).

Oh, and dont' forget to read the Shin Angyo Onshi Gaiden after finishing the main story...those side stories were awesome as well.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: May 18, 2011, 02:46:03 am »

Also something I realised comtemplaying Umineko

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: May 18, 2011, 05:26:20 am »

Also something I realised comtemplaying Umineko

Firstly, I'm disappointed that "contemplaying" isn't a word.

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 2193