Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061162 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7470 on: May 15, 2011, 10:37:38 pm »

I got my 90's anime action on and watched the first four episodes of Visions of Escaflowne.  I'll watch more tomorrow when I have the time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: May 15, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

I got my 90's anime action on and watched the first four episodes of Visions of Escaflowne.  I'll watch more tomorrow when I have the time.

Oh, how did you like it?  I was crazy about that show.  Only seen it once, but I really liked it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: May 15, 2011, 10:40:50 pm »

Oh, how did you like it?  I was crazy about that show.  Only seen it once, but I really liked it.
It's pretty good so far.  Not really too into Escaflowne yet, although what brought me to it was the pretty amazing music.  We'll see as time goes on and on and on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45:08 pm »

Yeah, I kinda disliked his catgirl friend.  The robots, though, are some of my favorite mech designs ever.

I always had a thing for the mechs that shred the pilots :S
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: May 15, 2011, 10:49:24 pm »

I was never a big fan of the concept of hugeass mecha in general because I love a semblance of sense when it comes to military related crap.

* Acanthus117 resists the urge to go on a rant about "stable firing platforms" and "stability issues"

NGE and TTGL are the biggest exceptions, though, for obvious reasons.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:15 pm »

and the appeal of the show dissolves almost completely.

Wait, so Berserk (manga) jumps the shark?  Just curious, because I was considering reading it.

If you don't mind crying your eyes out I recommend the Saikano manga.

It does a bit more than jump the shark...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: May 15, 2011, 11:23:40 pm »

and the appeal of the show dissolves almost completely.

Wait, so Berserk (manga) jumps the shark?  Just curious, because I was considering reading it.

If you don't mind crying your eyes out I recommend the Saikano manga.

It does a bit more than jump the shark...

Ooh, this makes me apprehensive. Especially considering Berserk has been my favorite manga so far.
Well, at worst I can always cut off and pretend that everything after a certain point doesn't exist and be happy with what I read before.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:09 am »

I decided to give the Saint Seyia reboot another try.

Screw it. The pace is sickening.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: May 16, 2011, 02:16:20 am »

I decided to give the Saint Seyia reboot another try.

Screw it. The pace is sickening.

Oooh, sounds like it could be my next horrible anime!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: May 16, 2011, 06:37:45 pm »

I'm on episode 6 in Vision of Escaflowne now.  Man, Lord Dilandau is awesome to me.  I thought he/she was a chick at first and I'm still unsure but I don't care he/she is one of my favorite characters right now call me shallow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:42:46 pm by ToonyMan »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: May 16, 2011, 06:41:23 pm »

I'm thinking about trying another one of the animes. all of them. I liked Gurren Langann, and I don't really know any more of them really. Suggestions?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: May 16, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

I'm thinking about trying another one of the animes. all of them. I liked Gurren Langann, and I don't really know any more of them really. Suggestions?
Darker than Black, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, Code Geass, and possibly Monster.  Seriously, try those at least.  I also chose ones that are all on youtube last I checked.  Probably want to check out Death Note, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Angel Beats! if you haven't as well, although those aren't on youtube I don't think, whatever.  I would recommend downloading your anime as well but whatever again I guess.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:51:14 pm by ToonyMan »

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

I'm on episode 6 in Vision of Escaflowne now.  Man, Lord Dilandau is awesome to me.  I thought he/she was a chick at first and I'm still unsure but I don't care he/she is one of my favorite characters right now call me shallow.
No, Dilandau is an interesting character. Androgyny, mental instability, and all. I'd say more, but...spoilers. Dilandau gets even more creepy-awesome later on, too.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:30 pm »

Dilandau is creepy-as-fuck >:3

I really hated blond-dude, though.  Whoever the "prince charming" love interest was.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: May 16, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »

At your age, I can only recommend Last Exile without feeling like I'm offering up a mind-raping to an innocent =/

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 2193