Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063762 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7350 on: April 30, 2011, 12:21:43 am »

Hm.  Actually finished the first part of Rebuild, and now I feel that I like it quite a bit... Shinji is just fucked up enough to remain interesting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: April 30, 2011, 10:18:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: April 30, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »

What's that from, Toony?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: April 30, 2011, 12:52:46 pm »

What's that from, Toony?
Shin Angyo Onshi.  It's actually a Korean comic I think.  I'm on volume 8 of it now, there's 17 volumes and it's completed.  I started it awhile ago but I just returned to read a few more volumes again.  I really enjoy it usually and it's probably the most "mature" comic I've read so far.  The art reminds me of Berzerk from what I've seen of Berzerk.

Oh, and apparently they're introducing "ki" into this world now, oh great.  Like this has enough fantasy in it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:08:08 pm by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

I finished Future Boy Conan, and I have to say that it's one of the most amazing, uplifting shows I've ever spent time watching. Normally, I don't like anything with a child protagonist, but Mr. Miyazaki can make it work.

FBC is a manly, manly show. It's hard to explain, in that it's not hard, or gritty, but each episode gives the audience a ton of action, where each character faces incredible odds to obtain the simple things in life that they want. The plot is advanced very quickly over each episode, and this is a driving force that captures your interest, and holds it.

I thought that when I hit the 13 episode mark, the show was going to slow down, but I was proven wrong when the show continues on, and then eventually gives the most outstanding, heartwarming finale I haven't seen in a long time.

I highly recommend Future Boy Conan to anyone that can get their hands on this old gem. Truly great.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:19 pm »

YES, read more! :3

As I learned the hard way

Just because it is manga it doesn't mean it isn't too stupid to read one panel in.

DANG IT LOVE OF CURRY!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:34 pm »

Wow just had a revelation for Umineko while I was pondering.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: May 01, 2011, 01:36:19 am »

...Konata from Lucky Star is me. Like exactly in all respects :O

In other news, Last Exile is awesome and I forgot because I haven't watched it in years. The 3D effects interlaced with the anime style make it pretty awesome at some points visually..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: May 01, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

I highly recommend Future Boy Conan to anyone that can get their hands on this old gem. Truly great.
Would it be available on DVD through Amazon.com or something?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:08:51 am by Euld »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: May 01, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »

SO I just finished Golden Boy. Quite the startling 6 episode series to finish in one day.

Watching it, I can't help but think that the person in charge of it's creation must have been the most hilariously talented pervert to to ever devote his efforts to anime. Golden Boy is an oddly inspiring tale of a job hopping, 25 year old Kintaro Oe, who goes from place to place learning about life and the world through his adventures in odd jobs.

I'll gladly give this show my recommendation, because if one is willing to overlook the rather blatant veneer of sexuality glossed over each episode, the little stories are a ton of fun to watch. Kintaro's frantic inner dialogue with himself, and his frenetic outer dialogues with others, are hilarious and captivating in their own special way. Kintaro himself is an earnest and hardworking individual, and interesting due in part to his boundless optimism in feeling that everything is a learning experience, that he will go above and beyond the call of duty on a moment's notice, and also the fact that he's sexually deranged.

Also, he makes the funniest faces I've ever seen. There should be a montage of them or something. Very entertaining show, because even if you don't like the premise, I insist that the execution is outstanding.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7360 on: May 01, 2011, 07:43:37 pm »

Hm.  Actually finished the first part of Rebuild, and now I feel that I like it quite a bit... Shinji is just fucked up enough to remain interesting.

I still want has the third one...

And the second one is where things change. A lot. Forever.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: May 02, 2011, 06:23:17 am »

NGE.

Almost done with series.

Cue weepy, scarred eggman
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: May 02, 2011, 11:41:23 am »

NGE.

Almost done with series.

HOHOHOHOHOHO

AND THEN IT'S SAIKANO TIME :D :D :D

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:43 pm »

I do enjoy image-lists, when looking for new anime. Always gives you a couple of series to look into.
Way to big, to just spoiler it.

My newest one:

Welcome to the N.H.K.
Caught my interest since it was described as a genere mix of psychological/drama/comedy/romance.
Picks up controversial topics and presents them in an interesting way.
Too bad they took some of the elements out for the anime adaption. The paranoia and delusions would have been more believeable, when coupled with drug abuse drug abuse...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: May 02, 2011, 08:37:08 pm »

NGE.

Almost done with series.

HOHOHOHOHOHO

AND THEN IT'S SAIKANO TIME :D :D :D
If this goes on, I'm probably going to jump into some boiling water and serve myself with some salt ;_;

Also, Misato wrryyyyyyyyyy

EoE is so saaaaad flksdjds
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 2193