Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064776 times)

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7290 on: April 22, 2011, 12:40:49 pm »

Higurashi is really good

The anatomy gets... iffy at points, and sometimes the creepy goes too far and just becomes campy and kind of silly, but it's a pretty damn good series.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:12 pm »

You should play Umineko then if you like Higurashi a lot.  I'm kinda playing backwards here.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: April 22, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »

I'll just leave this here.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

Higurashi is really good

The anatomy gets... iffy at points, and sometimes the creepy goes too far and just becomes campy and kind of silly, but it's a pretty damn good series.

If your thinking of the series I think you are (which is highly unlikely) it is the voice acting (dirrection) that can really kill it.

Especially when a character is yelling but the voice actor is speaking normally (and often the animation for it is REALLY bad too when it happens.)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: April 22, 2011, 07:42:18 pm »

Higurashi is really good

The creepy seems to avoid doing so a lot more in the original VNs.  Although I felt it strayed a bit too far into "useful advice for prospective murderers" a couple of times.

Especially when a character is yelling but the voice actor is speaking normally (and often the animation for it is REALLY bad too when it happens.)
Hmm... not sure.  There was some pretty good voice acting in places, and some rather odd voice acting in others.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: April 23, 2011, 03:55:39 am »

Madoka's final two episodes aired last night, and I loved them. I thought it was a great ending to a great series, although opinions have been mixed elsewhere, so it seems. The finale was highly anticipated, with 22.6% of Kansai households with a TV watching it at nearly 3am on a friday morning. Subs for the two episodes were released at 2am GMT, and TT was at 1772 searches for Madoka. Basically every XDCC bot on IRC slowed to a crawl, TT was taking ages to load, and gg's website straight up refused to load.

Also airing last night was episode 2 of AnoHana, which was really good. Looks like theres a great anime in the noitaminA block again this season.

FUCK YES

*runs off to watch said episodes*

Also, NGE. Shinji might be a perv, but he's a pretty cool guy when you get past that part. Besides, Misato's TRAGIC PAST made me D:

Why must the awesome people have lolgrimdark backstories?!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: April 23, 2011, 04:53:47 am »

It is a hard concept to get across leafsnail because it isn't that the voice acting was bad it was that the tones of the voices outright contradicted what the character was doing.

In a similar way that a game can have great technical graphics... but is otherwise very ugly.

Although I felt it strayed a bit too far into "useful advice for prospective murderers" a couple of times

This seems to be a common trend in similar shows and movies.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:43 pm »

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: April 24, 2011, 07:31:44 am »

Toonyman I here you know a thing or two about the animes, Help my roommates are turning me into an anime.

I just watched madaka and liked it,
What do I do now
Thank you based dwarf.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: April 24, 2011, 08:45:19 am »

Use this.

EDIT:
Also I'll be sharing some translated comics Leafsnail linked me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's at least like 50 other ones, but they're not translated and some are barely SFW.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:54:12 am by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »

Wow! Future Boy Conan is turning out to be an absolutely great show, as my opinion of it increases with each passing episode.

I just finished ep 14 and the show is amazing. FBC is more like a very long adventure movie, split up into 30 minute episodes. It's just so fun to watch.

It's not a complex show by any means, but it is an absolutely charming plot, piloted by endearing characters that have to do amazing things to do the things they want to do. I really enjoy it, if only because even though the world is in shambles and almost everyone is against them, Conan and the many other characters still approach their problems with a very optmistic and determined attitude, and succeed because of it.

Also, Conan has the strongest feet and toes of anyone ever, I swear. He's in quite a few perilous situation where he's supporting his own weight and more just with the raw strength of his toe-clasp.

I still have about 12 more episodes to go, but I can already highly recommend this show.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: April 24, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

I dislike the Eva remake.  It feels less emotional.  Does anyone else have an opinion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: April 25, 2011, 04:53:40 am »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I'm looking for an anime that I watched when I was a kid, but I forgot it's name.
It was about magical stones that could transform owners (I remember that the main character's butler turned into a knight that looked like don quichote)
I also remember that the main character was rich, wore red, and was a boxer, that's all I remember.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: April 25, 2011, 04:00:57 pm »

I dislike the Eva remake.  It feels less emotional.  Does anyone else have an opinion?

Considering how depressed Anno was when he wrote Eva, I wouldn't be surprised if Rebuild doesn't reach the same level of emotions as the original.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: April 25, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »

Man the 2nd arc of the Higurashi VN just took a turn for the worst.  At least Keiichi is doing better this time, heh.  Mentally holding it together that is.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 2193