Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064979 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NO HOPE!!!
« Reply #7245 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »

Well the thing is no matter how jerkish the villain could be... the victums are left in such a bad situation it is sad...

If, for example, the surviving victum was a little girl... Her parents would be killed, her pet cat thrown into a fire, and the ONLY person who makes her life worth living anymore would turn out to be the killer and in Jail for the rest of his natural life because of it essentially leaving her alone forever.

I mean... there is just no hope. It is a vortex of misery. I mean it isn't the WORST I've seen in that respect (That DAMN AI movie... which I consider a movie that is actually too sad)

Also I'll have to remember Spiral.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7246 on: April 15, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

Don't tell me you're talking about AI with that little boy and :[

That really was sad I mean what the hell ending.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:48 pm »

It was a happy ending ???
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: April 15, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »

It was a happy ending ???

It was the LONGEST sad ending EVER!

Unless your thinking of Bionic Man... That was a happy ending.

AI was so depressingly sad it litterally just sucked you so dry you had to cuddle up next to people just so you would know your still alive. It was so soul sappingly sad it was offensive in that respect. If we were to compare the sad scenes of movies to music then The Titanic was like a cool symphony on a violin while AI was a Speaker put to max right infront of your face. While both move you, your more appreciative of the violin.

It is the only movie that was ever TOO sad.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:08:47 pm by Neonivek »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:34 pm »

I started reading Parasyte today, up to chapter 20. I'm really liking it so for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

I finished episode 6 of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.  Time for episode 7!  Its only been like over a month since I started, not bad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: April 16, 2011, 01:25:48 am »

Why do detectives have this HUGE urge to confront criminals even when they know they are extremely dangerous.

It usually pays off... but for ONCE I've seen it handled somewhat realistically... I don't know what I am feeling... It was amazing.

I do have a question though.

In Japan do the police normally carry firearms or do they need to have a reason to carry it?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: April 16, 2011, 01:29:10 am »

IIRC most policemen in Japan don't carry firearms.

They're rather stringent with their gun control laws over there.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: April 16, 2011, 01:33:59 am »

IIRC most policemen in Japan don't carry firearms.

They're rather stringent with their gun control laws over there.

Well that certainly explains things... Though DANG that was brutal... I have to give that show credit there.

It was the only criminal confrontation that REALLY outragously backfired.

Thanks Acanthus
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:42:58 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: April 16, 2011, 12:00:01 pm »

Why do detectives have this HUGE urge to confront criminals even when they know they are extremely dangerous.

It usually pays off... but for ONCE I've seen it handled somewhat realistically... I don't know what I am feeling... It was amazing.

I do have a question though.

In Japan do the police normally carry firearms or do they need to have a reason to carry it?
Someone pointed out that in the first Phoenix Wright game you confront at least 3 of the culprits directly and every time you would have been better off waiting for court to start.  Thankfully I remember it getting better as the series went along, and in one case I remember it being actually required.

Also funny enough in Ace Attorney Investigations all the police carry firearms and it actually comes up as a kinda important point for one part.

EDIT:
As I was reading episode 7 of Umineko I had a sudden revelation!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:45:06 pm by ToonyMan »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #7255 on: April 16, 2011, 10:57:27 pm »

I found out today that there will be no more Korewa Zombie Desuka? episodes. /sad
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: April 17, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

So I just seen the last episode of Avenger's Earth's mightiest heros (Yes I know it isn't anime, but since western shows of note are rare I don't think anyone will mind me saying this here) and I have to say

While it got good here and there... they never really give any time to develop villains or heros.

It is like what Avengers would be if someone with ADD wrote it. It just flashes from one scene to the next.

It is just a weak show in the end and it never really redeemed itself first season.

Honestly people say "90s Xmen was great for its time" I must mentioned "Your quite mistaken, it is still leaps and bounds ahead of what we get now".

Though what should I expect from a show VERY VERY marketed towards children... The stupid bloodless gashes. When America markets things to children... things get stupid.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: April 17, 2011, 12:57:35 am »

For the new season I watched the first and only (currently) episode of C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and it was pretty good.  The main character is definitely different than usual.

EDIT:
Whoops, forgot about the new One Piece this week.  494 I think?  Time to check it out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:41:08 am by ToonyMan »

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:31 am »

I watched that too, it was ok but it looks like it has a potential. Grabbed it off IRC and watch the drama unfold as Nutbladder and gg released the same episode of the same show about 10 seconds apart. I'm watching a lot this season, 13 new shows and Gosick from the previous season is 24 episodes.

Favorite new shows so far would be AnoHana (it has some enormous name that I can't be arsed looking up) and Hanasaku Iroha.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:52 am »

Wow Gosick is going to be 24 episodes?  That's cool I thought it'd only be 13.  I'm on episode 6 or 7 I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 2193