Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062620 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #6855 on: March 19, 2011, 09:26:09 am »

So like my anime friend has two other anime/manga friends I knew already, but didn't know about the anime thing.  Which is cool.  One of them reads the Soul Eater manga, but I haven't even bothered with that.
IMO, the manga is way better than the anime.
I know.  I haven't watched the anime either.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: March 19, 2011, 09:34:33 am »

The manga is still ongoing, I think. It's fairly interesting, too.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: March 19, 2011, 10:10:59 am »

I've read the (Still ongoing) manga, and am watching the anime.
I prefer the manga, but I think the anime is worth watching is well.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: March 19, 2011, 10:24:38 am »

Saber is so cool bro.

Fuck yeah invisible swords.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: March 19, 2011, 01:39:35 pm »

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is a show that is surprisingly good. I'm up to episode 5, and I have to say that it's a fun, carefree romp through a world of sexual innuendos.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6860 on: March 19, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is a show that is surprisingly good. I'm up to episode 5, and I have to say that it's a fun, carefree romp through a world of sexual innuendos.

I got a good bit of flak earlier for bringing it up. I'm pretty sure most people in the thread know about it.

That said, it is a show that is surprisingly good. The first episode was quite the epic, and makes sure people stay hooked to it.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: March 19, 2011, 02:35:06 pm »

I'm on episode 5 or 6 I think.  Can't bother with it right now.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: March 19, 2011, 03:01:49 pm »

The few minutes I've seen of Panty and Stocking looked experimental and neat, making extensive use of mixed media, which was cool. The plot and characters seemed rather bland, however, though I didn't watch enough to trust it as a final judgment. Still, it seemed that it was trying to be some kind of Sexy Powerpuff Girls, which doesn't really catch my interest.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: March 19, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »

From what I've seen, it's hardly like that. It's more of a parody of the magical girl genre, but the entertainment comes from the outrageous manner in which the show takes it's jokes. There's a surprising amount of jokes based on American pop culture, and the show draws some entertainment from doing wildly unexpected things, like having an entire half-episode skit with more 'realistic' style animation.

I'd watch atleast till the end of the second episode before making a decision on whether or not it's something you'd enjoy or not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: March 19, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »

It's one of those shows you either love or hate, i for one was taken by it's complete pissing over the anime industry and most of it's tropes, plus it was made by the authors of TTGL while they were drunk so it's got a fair share of over the top epic scenes :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: March 19, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »

I FINALLY got around to watching the live-action Liar Game series two and a half hour long finale. Most of it was recap, but it's probably the most the largest diversion from the original manga I've seen yet. Like, really, it changes almost everything that happens in Round 3. Changes it so much, in fact, that I don't know how the show's going to even tangentially follow the manga anymore.

There's alot of interesting things happening, don't get me wrong, but it's really kind of surprising.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: March 19, 2011, 06:54:30 pm »

I FINALLY got around to watching the live-action Liar Game series two and a half hour long finale. Most of it was recap, but it's probably the most the largest diversion from the original manga I've seen yet. Like, really, it changes almost everything that happens in Round 3. Changes it so much, in fact, that I don't know how the show's going to even tangentially follow the manga anymore.

There's alot of interesting things happening, don't get me wrong, but it's really kind of surprising.

I am kinda astonished your not ranting.

A lot of people believe adaptions (namely anime) should follow manga to the T. Not myself though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: March 19, 2011, 09:01:34 pm »

Josh is a lover.  There's haters in the world and there's lovers in the world and he's a lover.  I'm a lover too.

Hopefully nobody kills my partner...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: March 19, 2011, 09:03:30 pm »

I am kinda astonished your not ranting.

A lot of people believe adaptions (namely anime) should follow manga to the T. Not myself though.

I'm afraid I fall into that camp.

:X
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: March 19, 2011, 09:06:17 pm »

The problem with this is that every medium has different characteristics, so that expression of a story through one medium may be nearly impossible in another... thus, it makes good sense to alter the form of the story for a different context.

I remember reading somewhere that Akira Toriyama used this as an explanation for why the spirit of Dragonball appeared so different in anime vs. manga format.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 2193