Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065176 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #6705 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:49 pm »

Holy wow, actually, Excel Saga should be in that list! How did I let that one fly by me? I remember now! I even watched it before Puni Puni Poemi!

But there's a different Puni anime? I've never heard of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: March 14, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »

Well Puni Puni Poemi's name is a joke because it is similar to an actual anime with a VERY similar name. At least as far as I am aware.

So it isn't a different Puni anime. Assuming my memory is correct because all ofa sudden I am having trouble finding it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:41:42 pm by Neonivek »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: March 14, 2011, 08:47:55 pm »

I strongly recommend both baccano and durarara.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6708 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »

Well Puni Puni Poemi's name is a joke because it is similar to an actual anime with a VERY similar name. At least as far as I am aware.

So it isn't a different Puni anime. Assuming my memory is correct because all ofa sudden I am having trouble finding it.
Pani Poni Dash?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: March 14, 2011, 09:12:48 pm »

Probably but I swear there was one with a much more similar name. Dang memory.

As for the animes I've seen Josh. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of good ones under my belt.

The worst anime I've seen that I like: Cooking Master Boy
The Anime I like the most: Full Moon Wo Sagashite (that I don't suggest to anyone anymore. I've learned that my tastes are odd)

The Latest animes I've watched with my oppinion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dang I need to remember more because I know I saw more... What was the one with that highschool detective who solves crimes and IT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE!!!

Right now I am thinking of either watching Fairy Tale... or because I am tired of disapointment some really bad niche anime because I'll know it is bad.

Actually here we go

What is the WORST (as in objectively... or subjectively) Anime you like people?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:36:58 pm by Neonivek »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6710 on: March 14, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »

I just watched NGE episode 8.

I thought you pronounced it A-soo-ka not ass-ka.

It's spelled A-Su-Ka. However, Japanese pronunciation commonly drops "u" sounds, or just leaves a slight silent spot in it, like "Ah-ss-ka". It has to do with spelling. I believe also that since she's quarter German that the name might be a parody of "Oska". I'd have said it might have just been a katakana translation of it, but I think her name was originally Japanese in canon. Now that I know what katakana is, I'd have to watch the episode where she writes her name on the board to see if she spells it in hirigana or katakana.

Anyways, that Kaji (or however you spell it) guy is a dick, Asuka is loud, annoying and full of herself (and she speaks German which is sorta cool), Shinji's not so much of a coward in this episode which is good, Misato is still pretty cool, and those two guys (jock boy and glasses kid) whose names I never remember are funny chaps.

Pretty much, that's just how she deals with things, non-coward Shinji's pretty cool, Misato's always cool, and you mean Touji and Kensuke, respectively for each comma'd statement.

Also, sweet fucking Jesus Gendo Ikari.

Should I watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, or go for Rebuild of Evangelion for slightly less suicidal tendencies?

OR should I just watch Big O again and cry over the lack of closure?

I would actually recommend watching both versions of NGE. There's things about Rebuild that I think are really awesome, but there are parts I definitely prefer the original series over, especially Asuka's character. Plus, Rebuild only has 2 released so far I'm pretty sure, and there's 4 when all is said and done. I think you should hold off on watching Rebuild. Go with the original series, get to episode 20-21-ish and decide if you want to go on or watch The End of Evangelion movie. Regardless, you should watch EoE, it just matters if you want to watch it for it's closure of the series itself or if you want to embrace the original ending. If it wasn't your thing, try and see if Rebuild 1 suits your fancy. If not, NGE's probably not for you.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »

Bah, I really want to see Rebuild.  I've watched the entire original series and EoE a couple of times apiece, but... I guess I just haven't been brave enough recently to watch Rebuild, since I don't know if I could take it changing >_>;;

A bit bizarre, I suppose, but I also really liked the darkness of the original.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:19 pm »

Chaoswizkid:

GENDO SAID IT WAS ADAM (unless he means... BIOSHOCK?!)

I instinctively thought "First human" and all that shit.

Sorry if I misinterpreted it.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »

Yep I sure have a talent for picking bad anime.

I am having a hillarious time. I mean this Anime has a Team Rocket and the main character defending someone with his life first episode...

Though I am not sure yet... I am pretty sure the main character is about to just outright beat Teamrocket with a super ability that makes strategy pointless.

The Music is actually pretty good though. Not excellent mind you but it isn't garbage filler.

Kinda glad I watched Kaitou Jeanne (even though it wasn't good...) since now I see Kaitou being used everywhere and know it mean either thief or is meant to sound like theif.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:53:07 pm by Neonivek »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6715 on: March 15, 2011, 12:13:21 am »

Chaoswizkid:

GENDO SAID IT WAS ADAM (unless he means... BIOSHOCK?!)

I instinctively thought "First human" and all that shit.

Sorry if I misinterpreted it.

Ah, I thought you saw the other one. If you're talking about Adam, I'm not really sure if I remember seeing it encased in ice or glass. I'd talk more about it if it wasn't so spoilery. That said, no, still not a human. Adam is something else that you've already seen though.

Bah, I really want to see Rebuild.  I've watched the entire original series and EoE a couple of times apiece, but... I guess I just haven't been brave enough recently to watch Rebuild, since I don't know if I could take it changing >_>;;

A bit bizarre, I suppose, but I also really liked the darkness of the original.

A lot of people have issues with it. I personally appreciate both versions. This is still all from Anno, after all. The animation is AMAZING. The first Rebuild movie follows very closely to the anime. The second took all of that, gave more background, teased me with some awesome, and then masterfully derailed itself off of the original plotline and did things I never expected. In a good way. Unlike a raging Asuka fanboy, I'm able to appreciate Asuka Shikinami's character (and Mari's, too), so I'm able to appreciate the changes. I was slightly put off by the brief show of a Gurren Lagann-worthy scene, but it made sense in the context it was presented in.

If you're able to roll with the changes and just enjoy the series in general, I'd say take a definite look into it. At least the first Rebuild movie.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6716 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:00 am »

Kinda glad I watched Kaitou Jeanne (even though it wasn't good...) since now I see Kaitou being used everywhere and know it mean either thief or is meant to sound like theif.
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne? You watched the whole thing? Wow. That show has the most ridiculous premise.

I almost jumped on and started to list all the anime I've seen beginning to end, but that list is long and embarassing. It includes both Vandread and Iria: Zeiram the Animation(oh god).

But it also includes Salaryman Sentai Force Shinesman!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: March 15, 2011, 12:42:50 am »

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne? You watched the whole thing? Wow. That show has the most ridiculous premise

Yep the whole thing. Unfortunately it doesn't really deliver on its own premise.

Also an example of a really frustrating plothole, Kaitou Sinbad originally had to carry around his needles because he didn't have access to the same magic Jeanne does... Later however he can just create the stuff out of thin air making several scenes make NO SENSE!!!

Also Arina has the tendency to remake her characters a hillarious amount of times.

I have an unfortunate need to finish anime I start (as long as they have a plot)... unfortunately that has lead me to watch some really bad animes.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:56 am »

So me and my brothers just marathon'd Desert Punk. Anybody else seen it?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6719 on: March 15, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »

So me and my brothers just marathon'd Desert Punk. Anybody else seen it?
I saw the first few episodes on Starz once. It was pretty good. Humor was a little juvenile but I'd watch the rest. Not a bad dub either.

I read the first volume of Kannazuki no Miko yesterday. It was...interesting. I got a really heavy X/1999 vibe from it, and the central love triangle was pretty interesting since the object of the triangle was convinced the other two parties were dating, but it was just too ridiculous to take itself as seriously as it did and the mecha scenes (which were obligatory for every chapter) were boring. Don't think I'll read the other volume.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2193