Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065124 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #6690 on: March 13, 2011, 04:58:45 pm »

It's the third or fourth last one chronologically if you add the second season in.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: March 13, 2011, 04:59:24 pm »

*wants a translation of book 10 T_T*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: March 13, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »

Isn't that the song someone posted an awesome violin version of earlier?
Or am I thinking of someother thread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: March 13, 2011, 05:11:11 pm »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: March 13, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhh7SODCmQ&feature=related

I don't know what that is(apart from the title - Dragon's Heaven), and I can tell from this short video that it must be pretty bad, and logic defying, but I just love the artistic designs(mecha, armour and some other thingies, but certainly not the backgrounds). You can see it's somebody's lovechild.

I also wanted to advertise one anime, called Gasaraki(OP sequence), which, together with Flag is probably the most serious take on the idea of oversized powered suits. It also has economy and mysticality.
I wanted to advertise this, so that somebody watches it, and tells me if it's actually good, or if it's just my faltering memory embellishing my past.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6695 on: March 13, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »

Huh. I can't tell if Gasaraki looks better than Flag, because it seems more interesting, or worse, because it seems to fall into more anime cliches. From the plot synopsis it sounds like Flag was heavily influenced by it. So I'll definitely have to watch it.

Fake edit: Hey $0.99 for the first disc.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:59 pm »

Fake edit: Hey $0.99 for the first disc.
Why must I live at the end of the world.

And, yeah, there are some cliches to deal with. Most notably trying to convince the viewer that mecha are better than tanks.
What else, there are some American soldiers acting like brash, testorene filled japanese without proper military training.
Probably more, but I can't recollect now.
Flag wasn't free of those either, if I remember correctly.

Also, fqllve, I need to whine about Solyaris in the Film thread one of these days.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6697 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

Also, fqllve, I need to whine about Solyaris in the Film thread one of these days.
Heheh. I'm interested to see what you'll say.

I was just going off the intro. The character shots, especially the one at 1:04, are kinda cliched. It's not fair to judge an anime by the OP though, and I didn't even have my sound on, so it was just a guess. Nothing I'll hold against it.

Yeah. Flag did have those cliches too. The real reason mecha are better than tanks is that they're more awesome. I guess that's not a valid reason for the military.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: March 13, 2011, 11:12:14 pm »

Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a visual novel, but whatever this thread should be relevant enough for it since there's a manga and anime adaption of it too.

Man it's really cool.  After being recommended it by Leafsnail, or should I say curious by my own accord I downloaded the free first episode and have been "playing" it since Friday night and let me tell you, this game is long.  Long and time consuming all right, but it's really cool and if you like intricate murder mysteries and ham hands then you'll like this.  Definitely worth checking out.  I seriously don't know when episode one is going to end after playing over two days worth of it and there's still seven more episodes!  That's absolutely insane, but we'll see what happens when I get there.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: March 14, 2011, 10:20:12 am »

Any suggestions for an semi-serious to serious action/mercenary type anime, or even other suggestions. I don't mind comedy and lighter stuff occasionally if its good.

Gungrave is about a mafia hitman.  His origins, and his ending.  As I always will state when I recommend this anime though, do NOT watch the first episode.  It's basically a later episode and it spoils a crapload for no raisin.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:32 am »

You simply got to love Sebastians voice.
Damn his sexy britishness!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:45 pm »

Watch something new.

Never seen NGE though, so which of the two?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »

Alright, so as a project for today, I decided to rack my brain to try to remember all the anime I've watched throughout the years, and I've come up with something that's a bit of a long list. I still suspect it to be incomplete though, I need to rack my brain a little harder to remember things from way back. This is a copy/paste from a text file where I intend on storing the entire list. I have some things listed as "recommend rewatching" but that's simply because I'm positive that I've watched it before, but my memory of it is simply so vague that I can't remember anything meaningful about the show.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »

That was...amazing...I had my hunches and an odd feeling the whole time but the ending of episode 1 of Umineko no Naku Koro ni blew my fucking mind.  I have to play the rest now.  >:]

Watch something new.

Never seen NGE though, so which of the two?
Watch NGE then.

EDIT:
Josh read Uminkeo dammit!  Way better than that Doubt manga you recommended.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:47:30 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: March 14, 2011, 08:09:31 pm »

Alright, so as a project for today, I decided to rack my brain to try to remember all the anime I've watched throughout the years, and I've come up with something that's a bit of a long list

Wow I am surprised you don't have many of the animes I seen... I must have weird tastes

Puni PUni Poemi

How in the WORLD do you have THIS abomination and not Excell Saga its much MUCH better mother?

Unless this is the other Puni anime... but I am assuming this is the semi-hentai Poemi anime.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2193