Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065446 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #6660 on: March 10, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »

So, I finally get back to reading One Piece after like three weeks of forgetting about it, and I get to page 8 of chapter 499, and I see pedobear selling balloons.

That's it, I just wanted to say that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: March 10, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »

Watching stuff with a friend on his ipod in class.
Twice other friends were like 'hey, what's happening?'
Right at the fanservicy bits.
Of course, it's always that way.
People will leave you alone all day and then suddenly burst through your door and be all "Hai, whats up?!" right at the moment the most embarrassing part comes on screen. It also works this way with movies and video games.
Interesting experiment: watch/play an ero and see if the opposite happens.
Funny story: I was showing a friend an H-game and was like 'don't worry, I'm sure the sex will start soon.'
sure it wasn't a visual novel there?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:30 pm »

So, I finally get back to reading One Piece after like three weeks of forgetting about it, and I get to page 8 of chapter 499, and I see pedobear selling balloons.

That's it, I just wanted to say that.
Oh boy you're at some real shit right now.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: March 10, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »

Just watched the latest episode of Madoka Magica.

Things keep going wrong in increasingly horrible ways. It's fantastic.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: March 11, 2011, 04:12:20 pm »

Haven't watched Death Note long enough, for it being fun again.
Also getting a few episodes of Black Butler and the second season of Darker Than Black.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »

Just watched the latest episode of Madoka Magica.
Things keep going wrong in increasingly horrible ways. It's fantastic.
I watched episode one a while ago.  I guess I should watch more later.

Haven't watched Death Note long enough, for it being fun again.
Also getting a few episodes of Black Butler and the second season of Darker Than Black.
I've got season one of Black Butler on standby and season two of Darker than Black was good, do the OVAs too of course.

As for me, my three manga line up right now are Shin Angyo Onshi, 20th Century Boys, and To Aru Majutsu no Index.  All I'm interested in to see what happens next thankfully.  Also, I managed to cut my manga folder from 17GB to 16.7GB.

EDIT:
The beginning of Volume 3 is when shit gets sooper real in 20th Century Boys.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:07:17 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: March 11, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »

Well I am back to being Animeless

I'd chose another anime but my current track record seems to be to quote "subconsciously chose bad animes"

But there are just some animes I just won't watch for absolutely no reason... I havn't seen Prince of Tennis or Spirited Away.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: March 11, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »

Spirited Away was good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6668 on: March 11, 2011, 09:24:12 pm »

Honestly, I find most of Miyazaki's stuff to be boring. Spirited Away was better than Kiki's Delivery Service, though.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: March 12, 2011, 01:47:07 am »

I just watched NGE episode 8.

I thought you pronounced it A-soo-ka not ass-ka.

:/

Anyways, that Kaji (or however you spell it) guy is a dick, Asuka is loud, annoying and full of herself (and she speaks German which is sorta cool), Shinji's not so much of a coward in this episode which is good, Misato is still pretty cool, and those two guys (jock boy and glasses kid) whose names I never remember are funny chaps.

Also, sweet fucking Jesus Gendo Ikari.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also watched Ah! My Goddess's episodes until episode 5.

My thoughts:

Why do the main characters in these sort of animes fret about not having a girlfriend? I mean, Keiichi seems like a nice guy, he just needs to grow a pair, and maybe set his standards- Oh yeah, there's Belldandy.

Those two motor club guys are awesome, Syoko's a stereotypical bitch and Belldandy's... well, how do I put it politely? Ah, there I know! She's a Cloudcuckoolander.

Anyways, it's funny (I need to watch more non-depressing animes, Lord knows I've seen too many), a bit weird (but I fully expect that), and I'm frankly surprised that there aren't any... direct repercussions (aside from having to search for a new house) for Keiichi asking for a divine girlfriend.

Or are those two girls in the starting song thing going to arrive any time soon? I suspect the dark skinned one who has silver hair is a demon or something.

Anyways, I'll just watch both of these, and I'll take any recommendations for animes that are serious and awesome. Possibly even military influenced.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:06:18 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6670 on: March 12, 2011, 02:02:17 am »

A couple filler and/or fansrvice-y episodes aside, Code Geass has it's moments. Big O is always a good one. Cowboy Bebop as well. I haven't watched through it, but I heard Last Exile is pretty awesome. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and 2nd Gig are definite recommendations.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:05:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: March 12, 2011, 07:59:37 am »

Once the Big Zam is mass produced, it'll put an end to non-Gundam animes in no time!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: March 12, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »

Should I watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, or go for Rebuild of Evangelion for slightly less suicidal tendencies?

OR should I just watch Big O again and cry over the lack of closure?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: March 12, 2011, 03:11:33 pm »

Watch something new.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: March 12, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »

Hey guys. I got around to watching most of the Liar Game dorama, all of Kino's Journey, all of Sakura Taisen OVA 5 - New York, and I just started watching Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

I have to say that I like the Liar Game dorama thus far. The fact that Fukunaga is now just a man is completely nulled by how naturally conceited and arrogant his actor is. Very entertaining. I still have the last two episodes of the first season to finish, but the normal eps are 36 minutes long on average, with the final ep being a 2 hour and 30 minute movie. Making time to watch them is going to be a difficult task.

Kino's Journey was an excellent show to watch. Even if there's only a loose overarching story with little focus, the self-contained episodes are amazingly entertaining. A must watch for any anime fan.

Sakura Taisen is something that I don't think alot of people have heard about, but the New York OVA is a sequal to the videogame "Sakura wars: So Long, My love", which I'ved played to completion. I wouldn't say it's a very significant anime, and in fact you probably wouldn't understand who people are or what's happening unless you played the game. That being said, you can probably skip over it, but I found it entertaining since I knew everything that was going on.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, which I've only seen the first episode of, seems really entertaining, and I'll probably continue watching it.
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 2193