Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072475 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5985 on: January 18, 2011, 02:31:13 am »

Berserk^ - art for characters and stuff is more detailed so it's kinda weird but this is pretty much a mandatory one

I can vouch for Berserk being really good, though you should know it hold nothing back.
When it's brutal, it's brutal. And there are some NSFW parts.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:09 am »

Also, Jegus.  What is up with the beginning of Bakemonogatari?  So many different things are just flashing up everywhere.  I'm seeing loads of single frame texts, arms being cut off, what man.  I was able to finish episode 1 though.
Just Shaft being Shaft...just keep watching, you'll eventually get caught up with "Senjougahara fascination" as well.

I can vouch for Berserk being really good, though you should know it hold nothing back.
...Understatement...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »

They seem to love shifting the camera angle every 2 seconds.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: January 18, 2011, 03:57:44 pm »

...Understatement...

Well, I did say it holds nothing back.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

Soon I'll be owning the complete Ergo Proxy collection.
Reason enough to rewatch it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:01 pm »

Hey Kinseti, I only have to watch episode 482 and 483 of One Piece (which I'm downloading right now) and I'll be caught up.

How I do?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

Started watching season 2 of Strike Witches. It's got the same strengths and flaws as the original.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: January 18, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »

Another Bleach filler, this one was kinda interesting and WASN'T one of those "let's have a cooking contest or whatever for no particular reason" sort of episodes.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: January 18, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

Hey Kinseti, I only have to watch episode 482 and 483 of One Piece (which I'm downloading right now) and I'll be caught up.

How I do?

Jeeze, way to pick the most dramatic possible time to catch up. Have fun waiting for episodes with the rest of us :3

Out of curiosity, what subs are you watching now?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: January 18, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: January 18, 2011, 08:41:29 pm »

How I do?

Jeeze, way to pick the most dramatic possible time to catch up. Have fun waiting for episodes with the rest of us :3

Out of curiosity, what subs are you watching now?
I've been watching yibis since like episode 300.  Before that was random crap for 50 episodes and before that was Kaizoku.

EDIT:
Oh right, finished all of Angel Beats! yesterday.  That includes the bonus OVA episode.  Really good show, not a top favorite but definitely not bad for being so recent as well.

Reading the 'Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer' manga thing now.  Jegus the main character's granddad was a major asshole.

EDIT EDIT:
Okay, I've decided, after reading chapter 6 of Biscuit Hammer I will finish this series no matter what.  I think it has what it takes to be a top 5, maybe even a top 3 in my favorite manga list.
Spoiler: hell yeah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:32:40 am by ToonyMan »

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: January 19, 2011, 08:01:24 am »

Anybody here familiar with 'Kekkaishi'? I've been watching this and really enjoying it, about halfway through the ~50 episode run now. It's about a boy who inherited the duty to protect some kind of mystical whatsit that happens to be buried under his school, and his next door neighbor who also inherited the duty to protect the whatsit. They fight monsters using cubical force fields. Also, the boy is obsessed with baking cakes.

In addition, it seems to be 100% fanservice free. It's kind of nice, since it leaves plot, character development, and comedy a clear field.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: January 19, 2011, 08:04:14 am »

The show is on Adult Swim on Saturday nights, never watched an episode though.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5998 on: January 19, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

Anybody here familiar with 'Kekkaishi'? I've been watching this and really enjoying it, about halfway through the ~50 episode run now. It's about a boy who inherited the duty to protect some kind of mystical whatsit that happens to be buried under his school, and his next door neighbor who also inherited the duty to protect the whatsit. They fight monsters using cubical force fields. Also, the boy is obsessed with baking cakes.

In addition, it seems to be 100% fanservice free. It's kind of nice, since it leaves plot, character development, and comedy a clear field.

I attempted to watch it, but the intro song was... I have nothing good to say about it, so I'll leave it at that. That set the tone for what was to come, which seemed like a Saturday Morning cartoon I might have watched if I was a lot younger, only it was anime instead of a cartoon. Sort of like Beyblade or something. The story isn't that great IMO, a lot of development is never had and things not explained very well. The plot, as a whole, seemed very generic. All of that together as a show on a channel that aired Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Trigun, Trinity Blood, Code Geass...

I think too many things came together to disappoint me to warrant me checking it out further.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: January 19, 2011, 02:33:31 pm »

i hated that show, all of the magical powers are from summoning boxes? yea i can scratch that off my list.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2193