Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3073101 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5835 on: January 10, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »

Hrmm…
I appear to no longer have /u/'s list.
Oh well, it's pretty useless, considering how little yuri anime there is and that the vast majority needs goggles.
Noir and Strike Witches are on it, though, so double points for them.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: January 10, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »

I can say two from the top of my head, and that is a large percentage of the animus I know by name.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »

Oh, the current anime I'm watching right now on my own (in other words, not One Piece), is Angel Beats!.  I finished episode 3 a few minutes ago.  I remember Josh mentioning that is was good and I can't deny that so far.  Episode 1 was introductions and crap with some funny moments.  Episode 2 had a scene that reminded my of Resident Evil so much among other things, and Episode 3 had the most awesome singing ever.

Here's hoping for a TK backstory.

Oh my god, I haven't laughed so hard in my life.  Episode 5 was the shit.  Dem chairs man, they even played the opening ending song while in slow-mo, oh my god hahahahahaaaaaaa

I guess I'll stop after finishing episode 5 now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:36:25 am by ToonyMan »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:55 am »

Toony's doesn't, and Boksi's is a silly joke, but /k/ is pretty picky about what's acceptable.
Still, though, the only part of that they can all agree on is GitS.
Everybody loves Ghost in the Shell.
It's so awesome, it doesn't need a description.

*nods head approvingly* Probably my fav. Also, I'm actually going to go by this list, /k/ was an ok crowd if you could stomache the rednecks and the gunphillia some people had...

Also, strike witches is hust awesome, but it probably got on there because of *cough cough* soft core loli erotica *cough cough*
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: January 11, 2011, 05:01:02 am »

Just got done watching Appleseed Ex Machina. The art style on that one is.. interesting, to say the least. The plot's full of holes and the combat is way over the top, but who cares? It says "John Woo" right on it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: January 11, 2011, 05:09:25 am »

I like that movie.

is good.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:05 am »

Also, strike witches is hust awesome, but it probably got on there because of *cough cough* soft core loli erotica *cough cough*
Have you seen season 2 yet? I haven't gotten around to it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: January 11, 2011, 07:47:33 am »

Have you seen season 2 yet? I haven't gotten around to it.

No, I'm saving it till later. I've yet to catch up with Index 2 and D Gray-Man is going to take a long time...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: January 11, 2011, 02:34:11 pm »

Smaller list.  Even smaller list.

I'll probably finished Angel Beats today, seeing as it's a really short show like the second season of DtB.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:36:32 pm by ToonyMan »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: January 11, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »

I'll probably finished Angel Beats today, seeing as it's a really short show like the second season of DtB.

I actually cried at the end of angle beats, an amazing show and an amazing team to put so much in such a short space.

Oh and the money they spent on the singer was worth it XD

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:42 pm »

Oh right, I actually found someone else in my grade that likes anime.  What I've heard so far is Gundam and Bleach.  I'll take anything at this point though.  He even knows how to write Japanese really well.  He wrote some on a chalkboard before I came over to take a SkillsUSA test on their computers.  I've also liked him since High School so he's definitely not an asshole.  He's probably my favorite kid in the whole Graphics shop.

I played dumb though mostly, the only thing I let on is I know what Gundam and Bleach are.  I'll strengthened my willpower soon.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »

Oh right, I actually found someone else in my grade that likes anime.  What I've heard so far is Gundam and Bleach.  I'll take anything at this point though.  He even knows how to write Japanese really well.  He wrote some on a chalkboard before I came over to take a SkillsUSA test on their computers.  I've also liked him since High School so he's definitely not an asshole.  He's probably my favorite kid in the whole Grahpics shop.

I played dumb though mostly, the only thing I let on is I know what Gundam and Bleach are.  I'll strengthened my willpower soon.

that's cool, everyone in my lessons are all boring  and in fact are very anti-anime...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

The one major problem I have here is he's in the opposite side of the building during shop and during academics he's not in any of my classes.  I'll have to catch him in chance moments.

He was in my class two years ago though, I remember because he brought Japanese practice books in to try out.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:59 pm »

Well I'm looking at Lucky Star right now and Neon Genesis Evangelion (as soon as it's finished downloading). Haven't formed an opinion about either of them yet.

Why are they so short though? I find it rather strange considering the immense fandom around NGE and Lucky Star (Konata especially), yet Lucky Star has about 8 volumes and 24 episodes of about 23m each, while NGE still only has 29 give or take.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:48 pm »

Most shows are 26 episodes about, a lot are becoming 13 episodes now though.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 2193