Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3080346 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5625 on: December 26, 2010, 02:19:10 am »

I tried playing the second game of Phoenix Wright, but I was a tad groggy and that may have soured my experience with it. But, the first two cases required that you have some prior knowledge that not everyone would be certain to know, like about baseball or gunpowder burns, and I just gave up when I realized that the second case emphasized the aspect I hated most about the first game: constructing an imaginary scenario from evidence and then having to defend it, especially when there's nothing completely concrete about it. It's just that I hate flailing in the dark, desperately trying to come up with whatever wild theory that's running through Wright's head that he refuses to divulge to the person controlling him, and then, when you have a vague idea, you need to stumble upon whatever the creator's idea of the 'perfect' evidence was in order to prod Wright in the correct direction, rather than being able to work it out with related evidence, which is perfectly valid as far as I'm concerned.

Should I try to continue playing it? I loved the first game so much that I'd hate to miss out if anything really awesome happens in the sequel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: December 26, 2010, 02:19:53 am »

Dang that Bread anime is starting to pick up quite a bit

It is finally starting to be awsome and somewhat legitimately funny (though still very lame and unfunny)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: December 26, 2010, 02:25:12 am »

I tried playing the second game of Phoenix Wright, but I was a tad groggy and that may have soured my experience with it. But, the first two cases required that you have some prior knowledge that not everyone would be certain to know, like about baseball or gunpowder burns, and I just gave up when I realized that the second case emphasized the aspect I hated most about the first game: constructing an imaginary scenario from evidence and then having to defend it, especially when there's nothing completely concrete about it. It's just that I hate flailing in the dark, desperately trying to come up with whatever wild theory that's running through Wright's head that he refuses to divulge to the person controlling him, and then, when you have a vague idea, you need to stumble upon whatever the creator's idea of the 'perfect' evidence was in order to prod Wright in the correct direction, rather than being able to work it out with related evidence, which is perfectly valid as far as I'm concerned.

Should I try to continue playing it? I loved the first game so much that I'd hate to miss out if anything really awesome happens in the sequel.
I went through it all, let me put the load down on stuff.

Game 1 - cases 4 and 5 were awesome
Game 2 - only case 4 was awesome
Game 3 - cases 4 and 5 were awesome as well as anything Godot

But yeah, Game 2 is probably the weakest for me, besides that last case man.  If you don't want to continue then whatever.  I didn't bother including Apollo Justice because that's a whole 'nother ball game.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: December 26, 2010, 02:25:44 am »

did anyone else watch the Panty and Stocking season finale? because... what

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: December 26, 2010, 02:26:48 am »

Here's a spoiler, SOME PEOPLE DIE and it's done by A REALLY BAD MAN who's doing REALLY ILLEGAL SHIT and your up against A REALLY CROOKED LAWYER and SOME REALLY TURNABOUT SHIT GOES DOWN and then YOU NARROWLY WIN WITH THE HELP OF YOUR FREINDS who MAY OR MAY NOT be DEAD and channeled through the body of A PRE-TEEN WITH BOOBS OF VARIABLE SIZE.

there now I ruined everything for you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: December 26, 2010, 02:27:01 am »

I'm on like episode 5, I'm having a hard time watching this show, ugh.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: December 26, 2010, 02:35:13 am »

I'm on like episode 5, I'm having a hard time watching this show, ugh.

Well considering Gainax chose not to introduce a plot until halfway through the season, and then expand on it only in last three episodes... it can be kind of rough getting to where the series gets good.

It's also just not a friendly anime to anyone who doesn't appreciate sexpenissexsexsexpenisvaginasex jokes every five seconds.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: December 26, 2010, 06:57:16 am »

That and if you don't mind being trolled, like a lot, even more than Bleach.But i think the main reason i liked it is because it is in no way bland or generic, it's just batshit insane and somehow you just have to watch to see what crazy ass shit they pull of next
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: December 26, 2010, 06:11:54 pm »

Should I be watching dubs or subs?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: December 26, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

Should I be watching dubs or subs?
There's a Panty and Stocking dub?  O_o

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: December 26, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »

I mean for animes in general.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: December 26, 2010, 06:28:42 pm »

I'd watch dubs if they're good/available, however try out some subs if the dub is bad or there isn't one.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: December 26, 2010, 06:36:43 pm »

P&S would suck immensley as a dub since a good deal of the charm comes from the abundant engrish and the abuse of said engrish
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: December 26, 2010, 08:27:18 pm »

Indeed. A good dub can be superior to subtitles, especially some fansubs. A bad dub, however, can be either really funny or just cringeworthy.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: December 26, 2010, 08:31:20 pm »

But there are some series where it just seems it... can't work.  Lucky Star springs to mind as an example of something that probably doesn't need a dub.  And if Engrish is important to it, you can't do much unless you have a <system for indicating something was originally in English>.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2193