Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079785 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5400 on: December 04, 2010, 06:24:59 pm »

You mean you never have?  Wait I'm starting to remember a distinct lack of respect.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: December 04, 2010, 06:41:08 pm »

Shut up I'm watching it now.

EDIT: WOW, episode 1 is awesome!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:53:34 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: December 04, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »

Well the first one was filler, completley random as expected, but this one was more coherent, it made sense to a certain extent, i just can't place the damn thing, is it after Aizen, before, or during?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gotta say, the new filler arc is already annoying me.  Same archetype, same matchup of villians, over and over and over...
So basically Bleach is becoming Inuyasha

The main nearly invincible villain goes around gets all his previous minions killed... Then goes and gets new ones?
Actually, Aizen has absolutely nothing to do with this new filler.  I think.  We went from Climactic Showdown Episode #50 to Random Filler #1 and now Random Filler Arc #1.  New villain with new henchmen... and the villain is already offing his underlings for being too weak o_O

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: December 04, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »

I have to say, the robot animations in SROGIN, but it's obvious they're skimping on character animation to conserve budget.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: December 04, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »

I have to say, the robot animations in SROGIN, but it's obvious they're skimping on character animation to conserve budget

You sure it isn't forshadowing?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: December 04, 2010, 09:04:29 pm »

I have to say, the robot animations in SROGIN are great, but it's obvious they're skimping on character animation to conserve budget

You sure it isn't forshadowing?
At first I was confused at that comment, then I realized I had forgotten to write a part of my message. Added them there. I'm talking about the giant robots.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: December 04, 2010, 10:33:32 pm »

I just finished episode three of Gurren Lagann. HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM PRACTICALLY GIDDY.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: December 04, 2010, 10:34:44 pm »

Rollercoaster ride of emotion.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: December 04, 2010, 10:40:21 pm »

Gurren Lagann is a pretty great show, yeah. It doesn't do anything original, really, but everything it does is done very well. They turn the super robot up to and above eleven, to the point where the knob simply breaks off. Then they turn it up some more.

One of my favorite moments has to be the off-screen Giga Drill Breaker in the first post-timeskip episode. It amused me greatly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: December 04, 2010, 11:55:48 pm »

Read through some more Volume 6 of Mirai Nikki.
Hell yeah.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5410 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:27 am »

Oh yeah, that's a great volume.

You're right at where Yuki starts to grow the beard (finally).

You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: December 05, 2010, 01:32:02 am »

I just finished episode three of Gurren Lagann. HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM PRACTICALLY GIDDY.
That means the off-model episode is next.
Listen, do not get discouraged, it gets better again!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: December 05, 2010, 02:04:07 am »

Yumeiro Patissiere (Don't watch it BTW... I like it but I doubt anyone else would be) I am sort of convinced one character is the villain:

Otherwise after an EXTREMELY rocky start the show picks up and it does what cooking animes do best which is actually highlighting the food. Which a lot of cooking shows seem to forget, especially a lot of competative cooking shows, and the ones that do remember, Ace of Cakes for example, forget that food is FOOD which is meant to be eaten. (Honestly the vast majority of Ace of Cakes Cake would taste HORRIBLE... and that is excluding the number of them that REALLY push what a cake really is when they put wood in it). Freekishly despite seemingly like she would be a Mary Sue, Ichigo's inexperience is a genuin fault and it never magically goes away. I've never seen a character be set up as a mary sue more then she did and not become one.

As much as I like to rave on Cooking Master Boy for basically having a non-sense plot with the BIGGEST Non-fanfiction Mary Sue EVER... They also did this right, though it was so culturally drenched that my own personal tastes prevented me from really getting into a lot of the dishes (for example... I don't like fish or Tofu... Guess what are the two most common dishes in that anime are? I do wish I could have some plain steam buns... Those can be delicious... Honestly my favorite flavor is plain), but they still focused on the food and its prep.

I should try to find another cooking anime, I am kinda being pulled in. I like detective animes and all but they somehow gotten to the point where the fall into this rather steep "Didn't we do this already" slump or nothing actually happens.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: December 05, 2010, 05:16:45 am »

I request recommendations!:

I liked Death Note a ton for its sheer Xanatosity, but I thought Monster was a bit too dry (also, the guy with the air-typing schtick lost me in the first episode).
Seriously loved Wolf's Rain for that solitude+freedom thing it had going on.
Adored Hellsing (the good one), liked FMA alright.
I couldn't get into Serial Experiments Lain, which surprised me!  Got like ten episodes in but it kept not gripping me, over and over.  Liked what I saw of GitS at least, plan to see more of that.
Shaman King was a guilty pleasure and I watched all its seasons over the course of two days in college.

Any particular ones I should go after?  :D  I mean...There's a few I've been avoiding (Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece spring to mind) because they seem really fluffy and non-plot-advancey, but then I've never seen more than an episode or two of 'em.  And while I really kinda like the older classic ones with princesses and fighting dolls and angels (not Angels), I've found that the appropriate use of those animes is to watch them with a pretty girl who uses you as a footrest in the process.  So, for those times when I am not a footrest, what's good anime?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: December 05, 2010, 05:22:51 am »

Sounds like you like animes that are a bit dark but that don't sacrifice their pacing in persuit of their vision.

Afterall Full Metal Alchemist was dark but extremely slow.

Unfortunately I tend to shy away from dark animes...

Would you like Soul Eater?

Soul Eater seems right up your alle. It is dark, quite a bit like Shamman King, and it never sacrifices pacing for plot. I also hope that is its proper name.

So yeah my suggestion is: Soul Eater

If your asking though, no I never watched it. I don't tend to watch darker animes (though I have seen some) and Soul Eater is drenched in fanservice at times which also annoys me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:33:10 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 2193