Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079317 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5220 on: November 26, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »

The director of Stand Alone Complex went on to do Eden of the East, which is great.
I was going to moan about this show not being great at all, at least when compared to GitS, but then I realised that I'm just a bitter, jaded old geezer, who can't stand most(all?) of the anime he's watched recently.
I think I'll leave the thread now.

My last words are: somebody finally go and watch Texhnolyze, god damnit. It's like GitS, only without the annoying Tachikomas, and with more apocalypse.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5221 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:04 pm »

Dude, you are not allowed to mention Texhnolyze and then leave the thread.

We must be friends.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: November 26, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Finished the Water 7 arc in One Piece.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: November 26, 2010, 08:32:07 pm »

The director of Stand Alone Complex went on to do Eden of the East, which is great.
I was going to moan about this show not being great at all, at least when compared to GitS, but then I realised that I'm just a bitter, jaded old geezer, who can't stand most(all?) of the anime he's watched recently.
I think I'll leave the thread now.

My last words are: somebody finally go and watch Texhnolyze, god damnit. It's like GitS, only without the annoying Tachikomas, and with more apocalypse.
I am watching right now. Its fine so far, but nothing stand-out.. Ep. 3 completed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: November 26, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »

Dear God Enies Lobby arc is long.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: November 26, 2010, 08:37:37 pm »

Dude, you are not allowed to mention Texhnolyze and then leave the thread.

We must be friends.
Too late, I've been trying to get people to watch this for ages(aka, since the beginning of this thread), and you only showed up when I've finally given up on humanity. You will have to live with the realisation that people who like Texhnolyze always die alone.
This is the end, fare thee well. Goodbye cruel world, etc.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5226 on: November 26, 2010, 08:48:20 pm »

I liked the scab coral just fine, that was a cool idea. But their
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That bugged me.

Oh yeah, that was stupid.

Too late, I've been trying to get people to watch this for ages(aka, since the beginning of this thread), and you only showed up when I've finally given up on humanity. You will have to live with the realisation that people who like Texhnolyze always die alone.

;_;

I guess I already knew that anyway, since pretty much no one has even heard of it. In spite of being done by the same people who did fucking Lain.

I am watching right now. Its fine so far, but nothing stand-out.. Ep. 3 completed.

You must mean Eden of the East. I was being a little overzealous. It's pretty good though, I just think I have nostalgia vision for it because it was broadcast the same time as K-On.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: November 26, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »

I liked the scab coral just fine, that was a cool idea. But their
That bugged me.

Oh yeah, that was stupid.

;_;

I guess I already knew that anyway, since pretty much no one has even heard of it. In spite of being done by the same people who did fucking Lain.

You must mean Eden of the East. I was being a little overzealous. It's pretty good though, I just think I have nostalgia vision for it because it was broadcast the same time as K-On.
Actually... I meant technolyze. I mean, the story is interesting but not particularly riveting, animation is good but not complete eyecandy, and characters aren't really... appreciated yet. I heard it was Lain with Shotguns, but so far I haven't got hte lain vibe I wants.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5228 on: November 26, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »

I dunno, it struck me immediately. The atmosphere, use of silence, art style. All very Lain.

I mean, if you're looking for the whole exploration of the internet thing, yeah, it doesn't really have that. But in some ways, especially later on, it's more Lain than Lain. Definitely creepier.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:02 pm »

WHOA wait whaa....
I came across this on wikipedia when searching for more ghost in the shell to watch...
As of 2008, DreamWorks acquired the rights to produce a live-action film adaptation of the original manga with Steven Spielberg. Avi Arad and Steven Paul are confirmed producers; Jamie Moss was originally hired to adapt the manga into a screenplay,[2] but in October 2009 it was announced that Laeta Kalogridis had replaced Moss as writer.[3][4] The live-action film is set to be released in 2011.[5]
I foresee this being mediocre at best... Especially since to pay Spielburg's salary they will have to dumb it down to appeal to the American public. >_<
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:13:02 pm by alway »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: November 27, 2010, 01:15:33 am »

Finished the Water 7 arc in One Piece.

Something about your summary made me giggle, I don't know. It's been a while since I've seen it so my mind has glossed over the boring parts and only the totally awesome parts remain. The awesome continues through Enies Lobby.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • Danger Magnet
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5231 on: November 27, 2010, 01:39:30 am »

He lives on Sniper Island.

LOCK OOOOOOOOON

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5232 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:50 am »

WHOA wait whaa....
    I came across this on wikipedia when searching for more ghost in the shell to watch...
    As of 2008, DreamWorks acquired the rights to produce a live-action film adaptation of the original manga with Steven Spielberg. Avi Arad and Steven Paul are confirmed producers; Jamie Moss was originally hired to adapt the manga into a screenplay,[2] but in October 2009 it was announced that Laeta Kalogridis had replaced Moss as writer.[3][4] The live-action film is set to be released in 2011.[5]
    I foresee this being mediocre at best... Especially since to pay Spielburg's salary they will have to dumb it down to appeal to the American public. >_<
    Yeah, but they acquired the rights because Spielberg wanted them bad as a pet project. Lets hope pet project means not caring about mainstream success. He isn't a terrible director, so the question is how he really cares about the series.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
    • Angle of Death
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5233 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:38 am »

Spielburg is a brilliant director, unlike that hack Cameron. All of his movies have been exactly as intelligent as the premise required.
    On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
    Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • ufowitch
    « Reply #5234 on: November 27, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »

Just finished chapter 1 of Pieta, and holy shit. It is great. I especially like the way Haruno lays out her panels to make room for narrow vertical or horizontal ones. And the way she slices them at diagonals. Very visually appealing.
    Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 2193