Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078150 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4770 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »

Anybody watched 'The Vision of Escaflowne' here? It's about 15 years old, so it's probably just a little obscure. It's got awesome pacing, a lot of dramatic twists, and giant robots powered by magic crystals harvested from dead dragons. I'm really enjoying it so far.

I did.

A girl from our world getting thrown to other word. Damn, I was little back then (8?)... and I haven't seen whole series. Some like 10-13 episodes.

My mom found out I watch drawn girls and banned me TV for enough time for the series to dissappear from schedule :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: October 17, 2010, 04:17:47 pm »

What
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: October 17, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »

Why does everyone I know have crazy parents?  My Mom just made me a sandvich just because she felt like it.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: October 17, 2010, 04:28:18 pm »

A friend of mines mom told his sister that she should have punch another chick out.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »

I showed my mom Touhou and she thinks it's cool.
And my dad is the reason I watch anime.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: October 17, 2010, 07:35:43 pm »

Pizza Hut, official restaurant of empires.
Is there ever an explanation in code geass for why the knightmares are so phenomenally better than conventional weapons? They seem to fire guns, and presumably they don't dodge bullets, so why would being a humanoid chassis make a weapon any better... Want justification.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:32 pm »

Phallic symbols.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »

Rule of COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: October 17, 2010, 07:39:31 pm »

Because they can play a giant piano and stuff.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: October 17, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »

Is there ever an explanation in code geass for why the knightmares are so phenomenally better than conventional weapons? They seem to fire guns, and presumably they don't dodge bullets, so why would being a humanoid chassis make a weapon any better... Want justification.
Fighters planes doesn't have breaks & can't do a 360 degree turn in an instant, while tanks are unable to fire graphing hooks at buildings and go vertical. It seems they're also built for all terrain.

Presumably, they can also change weaponry & equipment faster (drop machine gun & equip bazooka)...and I do remember the rollerbots trying to dodge but being designated grunts against a uniquely designed machine.......yeah....

And seriously, would you drive a tank if you could rather drive a robot that can rolllerblade of the side of buildings (sure the smart ones can trip you, but hey...)? So mostly for the rule of cool indeed. Robots making a giant pizza for the Empire~!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: October 17, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »

Thats total hand wave. They havent seen a knightmare getting killed attacking a rebel fortress, even by just a lucky shot. I mean, since the rebels appeared to have no hope in fighting such ludicrously effective armies, why do they even exist? They should be rebelling some way other than militarily. oh well.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: October 17, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »

I need to finish Escaflowne :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: October 17, 2010, 10:50:22 pm »

I need to finish Escaflowne :I

I watched it in high school, and it's still probably the second-best mech show I've ever seen.  Pretty good ending, too...

Has anyone seen Earth Girl Arjuna?  Same creator.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: October 17, 2010, 10:57:28 pm »

Well think about it. To those humanoid machines, tanks are like small dogs with guns strapped to their backs are to us.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: October 17, 2010, 11:41:05 pm »

Enjoyed Escaflowne...I like the dragon powered fantasy armors & the storyline was interesting as well...it's  a good classic.

Just finished Darker than Black season 2 + it's OVAs...enjoyed it as much as the 1st season despite all the loose threads. Check it it out, The Black Reaper/Chinese electric batman won't disappoint...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 2193