Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078069 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4755 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:13 am »

Yeah some second seasons just suck.

Anyone start reading/watching toriko?

Awesome anime/manga about "food". I suggest reading the manga. I watched the first episode of the anime and like my own imagination better.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 16, 2010, 04:52:27 pm »

I liked Hayate... though I noticed that its best comedy was at the start (I loved it when Hayate needed to carry around an expencive fur coat and suddenly the world was out to destroy it... even so far as a body of water specifically named after its destruction) with some squeezing in later such as the Brittany Anime clips and finding out how Hayate won the comic contest.

But eventually the humor wears thin eventually and they recycle jokes for fun. It just starts to drone on and you sort of want for character development.

Actually I don't think I hate it so much as I want a resolution but I don't think I am going to get it.

Though the WORST anime in terms of throwing away the plot in the second season is Oh My Goddess

Anyhow I am off to check out what Toriko is since I like "Food" animes. (I want to make that Cooking master boy abridged so badly)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: October 16, 2010, 05:19:33 pm »

I thought Oh My Goddess just sortof... kept going?  I mean, the manga's been going for like twenty years.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 16, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »

I liked Hayate... though I noticed that its best comedy was at the start (I loved it when Hayate needed to carry around an expencive fur coat and suddenly the world was out to destroy it... even so far as a body of water specifically named after its destruction) with some squeezing in later such as the Brittany Anime clips and finding out how Hayate won the comic contest.

But eventually the humor wears thin eventually and they recycle jokes for fun. It just starts to drone on and you sort of want for character development.

Actually I don't think I hate it so much as I want a resolution but I don't think I am going to get it.

Though the WORST anime in terms of throwing away the plot in the second season is Oh My Goddess

Anyhow I am off to check out what Toriko is since I like "Food" animes. (I want to make that Cooking master boy abridged so badly)

hehehehehe I think you misunderstood what I mean't by "food". It's not cooking.

I thought Oh My Goddess just sortof... kept going?  I mean, the manga's been going for like twenty years.

Isn't that just the mini-goddess series or something? Not an actual story line?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 16, 2010, 05:27:15 pm »

I dunno, haven't read it.  But it's surely difficult to mess up the second series of something that's been going strong for dozens of volumes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 16, 2010, 05:45:51 pm »

How? And why the second series? It's it just caused by a lack of idea isn't it? Why do they run out of ideas int he second season? Why not the first?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:26 am »

Well basically Oh My Goddess Season 1 sets up a lot of characters and plotlines often creating dramatic tension.

Season 2 throws the majority of those plotlines out unresolved (which is a shame because the Ex-Popular Girl's path to redemption was something I really wanted to see) and the other plots are just the same old romance between the two leads ending in ultimately nothing.

Basically imagine if you read a Novel that ended without a resultion, then a second novel comes out that pretends the first novel didn't happen.

I kinda wanted a third season...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 17, 2010, 02:23:43 am »

O yeah forgot to mention another awesome manga. Eden no Ori

It's about (this is just a light spoiler, nothing big but you may want to just read it if you like survival stories)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:30 am »

hehehehehe I think you misunderstood what I mean't by "food". It's not cooking

Boo!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 17, 2010, 02:35:55 am »

Jegus, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is such a messed up show, gonna take a look at Eden no Ori as well.

e-typo
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:54:36 am by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 17, 2010, 06:34:33 am »

The name and promotional pictures kindof gives you a clue as to its messed up level...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:01 pm »

hehehehehe I think you misunderstood what I mean't by "food". It's not cooking

Boo!

As an apology I now mention "Addicted to Curry". A cooking manga with actual curry recipes XD.

But toriko is still awesome.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 17, 2010, 02:49:25 pm »

anybody know some good animes to watch? Since i watched a lot of animes and dont know any goo ones anymore

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 17, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »

anybody know some good animes to watch? Since i watched a lot of animes and dont know any goo ones anymore
Okay, what have you seen already?

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 17, 2010, 02:59:13 pm »

Anybody watched 'The Vision of Escaflowne' here? It's about 15 years old, so it's probably just a little obscure. It's got awesome pacing, a lot of dramatic twists, and giant robots powered by magic crystals harvested from dead dragons. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 2193