Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078098 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4740 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:09 am »

Dang, good old soul crushing anime after another.

Honestly I'd start some sort of project that highlights this except I am unfathomably sure that "Comic/story about how anime is horrible" has been done many times before.

Ok everyone here are the highlights of horrible, the points of poison... The worst points of anime I've seen lately... that I remember
1) Mao: A boy who has never cooked before in his life, nor did he have any drive to cook or study before, becomes a total Mary Sue and uttarly trumps EVERYONE!
2) Princess Snow: A horrible plot has unfolded, and ultimately resulted in nothing, which ALL could have been avoided if she bothered to change her clothes just ONCE!
-On the bright side she is one of the few female characters who realise she is being phased out and useless.
3) DAMN IT Hitman Reborn!: "Why won't you tell us anything?" "Because it is men stuff that only men can do" HONESTLY!?!
4) DANG IT Hitman Reborn: We need to power up! Ohh my quick lets power up again! It turns out our last power up has another power up.
5) Kogure: For a detective show they certainly don't keep track of money. why is he so poor and why must we emphasise this so much?
6) Lets resolve NOTHING: Endings that ultimately fix nothing and answer none of our questions ahoy!
7) Spring Loaded Breasts: I know this bugs me probably a LOT more then it bugs you... but it drives me crazy when breasts move in some sort of ungodly fashion for no reason. I've seen Women stand perfectly still in anime and then all of a sudden "BOING". It is one thing to make them jello but it is another to make them spring loaded timebombs.
8) Cooking Boy Mao's Non-sense plot: I know I love the show for just this but come ON... an Evil society is trying to take over the world through great cooking and needs a set of powerful artifacts that simply cook really well. (no resolution either, but like I'd honestly doubt Mao Sue would lose EVER)
-Actually if I made an abridged series, it would definately be that series.
9) WAY too abusive: Honestly, It has been over a year since I seen it but I can't get over how Abusive that woman is in Familiar Zero (or the fact that the male lead's character seems to suddenly change in an attempt to justify Zero's abuse.)
10) Everyone dies endings: I somewhat dislike it when a series when it gets close to the end suddenly decides NOW is the time to start killing almost all their cast members.

Why why why must these things haunt me so.

I'd join you guys in Code Geass but I sort of don't like mass murder series based around a megamaniacle villain protagonist.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:34:02 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 15, 2010, 09:12:20 am »

He's not completely villain, he's got some hero.  However little that is though.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:26 am »

He's the grey in the series's black and grey morality. A pretty light shade of grey, for that matter. Most of the mass murder is done by Britannia. Except the one thing, and that was an accident.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: October 15, 2010, 12:07:01 pm »

And his goal isn't murder at all.  He just... ends up doing it a lot.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4744 on: October 15, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

How would you feel about 'Now and Then, Here and There'?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:34:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:10 pm »

Except the one thing, and that was an accident.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: October 15, 2010, 05:03:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: October 15, 2010, 05:16:50 pm »

Seconded.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: October 15, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:10 pm »

I'm probably remembering incorrectly, it's been a couple months since I watched it. But it seemed like there was a...lack of moral change, as a result of having screwed up so monumentally. But like I said, I never watched more than the first two or three episodes of R2. I think Code Geass just wasn't quite my thing. I like my heroes' actions at least to be morally unambiguous, if not the heroes themselves.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: October 15, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Well the third episode of Panty&Stocking was made of win and awesome, and then some more, also the number of references they throw around is crazy, this is from episode two:
Spoiler: OMGWTFLARGE (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: October 15, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

Though Hayate Combat Butler did use Leluche in their show as a character (his bit was whooped). (still don't like that anime)

I guess I'll wait before watching Panty and Stocking, the world of bad names. eventually.

Boy does the creator dislike the powerpuff girl artstyle.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:37:03 pm by Neonivek »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: October 15, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

Code Geass is a series you really need to watch to the ending.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: October 15, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »

The ending was God like.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:49 am »

I meant I disliked Hayate Combat Butler (after watching most of both seasons) not uhhh... That anime where the guy can only hypnotise someone once.

I am starting to HATE second seasons... They seem to throw away plotlines like it was a passtime.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2193