Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077121 times)

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4500 on: September 21, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

So, just finished with the plot-relevant part of Clannad: After Story (there are some other episodes that don't seem to be part of the main plot that I'll probably get around to, but whatever).

That might just be the best thing I've ever watched.

I didn't really care for the way they resolved things, but the stuff preceding that resolution was absolutely incredible. I skipped the first four episodes or so because of the stupid sit-com antics they were pulling, but once you get past that, it is amazing. I thought the first season had some great storytelling, but this was amazing. I am unashamed to admit I cried, a lot. You should go watch it, even though it's really sad.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: September 21, 2010, 11:03:06 pm »

So, just finished with the plot-relevant part of Clannad: After Story (there are some other episodes that don't seem to be part of the main plot that I'll probably get around to, but whatever).

I didn't really care for the way they resolved things, but the stuff preceding that resolution was absolutely incredible. I skipped the first four episodes or so because of the stupid sit-com antics they were pulling, but once you get past that, it is amazing. I thought the first season had some great storytelling, but this was amazing. I am unashamed to admit I cried, a lot. You should go watch it, even though it's really sad.
You skipped some >:(? Watch all of it! Each & every one of 'em, enjoy every inch of the special bread-jammu combo! Do try to enjoy & appreciate the full picture in the centerfold rather than focusing solely on her assets and.....uh, wait....bad example...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: September 21, 2010, 11:50:08 pm »

I'm sorry, but plots based entirely on someone lying because they think it's a good idea have always turned my stomach. I watched the one with the rainbow bread of doom, though. That was pretty good.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: September 22, 2010, 04:56:59 am »

I've been meaning to watch this one for a long-ish time, the top place on ANN's popularity chart must mean something, right?
Unfortunately, I can't seem to muster enough enthusiasm for any anime recently. I don't know.
I'm assuming this Clannad thing is something akin to Honey & Clover?
Also, I've noticed the second season(sequel?) is rated much higher than the first - is it absolutely necessary to know the first one to follow the sequel's plot?

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: September 22, 2010, 05:07:35 am »

Meh.. I've been rewatching the Ghost in the Shell: SAC and 2nd Gig series lately, 't has occupied most of my Anime watching time.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: September 22, 2010, 08:54:19 am »

Ouch. After those, pretty much anything is an intellectual letdown.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: September 22, 2010, 02:14:39 pm »

Ive been watching GITSSAC too, while I was sick. Trying to understand GITS with a high fever is intense.

The look on Batou's face in ep 15 is so mind = blown. He sits like this for at leave 3 minutes, and you get like 3 angles on it. Hmm. I can't get the image to show up so I linked it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/batou/AS_anime_watcher/GITS%20Guess%20Game/gits-sac_batou093.jpg

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: September 22, 2010, 02:21:09 pm »

Trying to understand GitS at the best of times is intense :B
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: September 22, 2010, 09:39:10 pm »

I've been meaning to watch this one for a long-ish time, the top place on ANN's popularity chart must mean something, right?
Unfortunately, I can't seem to muster enough enthusiasm for any anime recently. I don't know.
I'm assuming this Clannad thing is something akin to Honey & Clover?
Also, I've noticed the second season(sequel?) is rated much higher than the first - is it absolutely necessary to know the first one to follow the sequel's plot?
I've never watched Honey & Clover, so I couldn't tell you. Judging by the TVtropes synopsis, kinda similar in style, maybe? I wouldn't recommend skipping the first season; pretty much all of the characters used in the second season are introduced in the first, so you'll be really lost if you just try and jump into it. I found parts of the first season side-splittingly hilarious, as well, so I'd say you should watch it anyway.

Trying to understand GitS at the best of times is intense :B
I need to go back and watch this again. I don't think I ever finished 2nd GIG, either...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: September 23, 2010, 12:03:35 am »

I ran out of anime to watch to I am reading manga. And I am running out of those as well. Thank god for regular releases.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: September 23, 2010, 02:50:47 am »

Case Closed / Detective Conan is starting to seriously annoy me

Here is a mystery for you: Where does all that money go?

I mean... It wasn't enough that Kogaru (or however you spell his name) is a famos detective and given a lot of high paying jobs.

But not that long ago they were given a Billion Yen that they were allowed to take any amount of money out for Conan's expenses.

Honestly why do they have such money problems? Though I guess Kogure (or whatever) is just cheap.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: September 23, 2010, 06:22:07 am »

Does anyone know if there were any completed subtitle sets for Wonder Beat Scramble? I like the series even now, but even though russian is my native language, listening to our dubbers' voices (from back in the 90s, too) is a pain. Not to mention it sometimes falls horribly out of sync and, in places, is enough to qualify as a Blind Idiot Translation.

Failing that, any tutorials for making decent subtitles? I'm downloading the whole series in Japanese now, and could at least translate the Russian translated dialogue into english, inaccurate dub or not.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:03 pm »

Watched the live-action movie by the GITS guy, Avalon. Awesome cinematography, nice mindscrew, but my eyes hurt.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:27 pm »

I can't find Wonder Beat Scramble, is that its official name does it have alternate names?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:23 pm »

Yep. Wonder Beat S as an alternative, or Fantastic Battle on the off-chance our russian dubbers got the name that way. Wonder Beat Scramble is what's got a wikipedia page, however short.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 2193