Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076973 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4440 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:26 am »

As for the TVtropes page of Viewers are Geniuses... the general standards seem rather stable in that about 1/3rd of the examples are either "Genius bonus" or are examples that are true if you happen to be quite unknowledgable (such as not knowing the Greek or Roman Pantheon). For example they reference Persona 4 as this because of the quizes they give you... Ignoring that it is trivia a lot of them are actually straight basic questions and I REFUSE to believe the average intelligence of a person is so low that knowing what a Dirrect and indirrect article is with multiple choice is apperantly too far to grasp. No I simply cannot be that smart.

The average person on TVtropes likes to think they are a genius.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: September 12, 2010, 01:27:40 am »

As for the TVtropes page of Viewers are Geniuses... the general standards seem rather stable in that about 1/3rd of the examples are either "Genius bonus" or are examples that are true if you happen to be quite unknowledgable (such as not knowing the Greek or Roman Pantheon). For example they reference Persona 4 as this because of the quizes they give you... Ignoring that it is trivia a lot of them are actually straight basic questions and I REFUSE to believe the average intelligence of a person is so low that knowing what a Dirrect and indirrect article is with multiple choice is apperantly too far to grasp. No I simply cannot be that smart.

Yeah, majority of troper pages I see are just them listing how crazy modest eccentric they are.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: September 12, 2010, 01:31:05 am »

I have one silly question but I've seen this twice. It is half-anime related

I've seen these sort of doors used twice before... Once in Fatal Frame and once in Detective Conan. Basically it is a door that is really small as if only the bottom half of the door was there.

What exactly are those for? One time it was for a secret entrance but the other time it was for the basement.

---------

Also basically what your saying is that the TVtroper who put those examples up are people of average intelligence... They just put it as "Viewers are Geniuses" because they think they are such a super smart person that no one else could possibly understand it?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:32:49 am by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:25 am »

I haven't seen either, but this could be relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_door
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: September 12, 2010, 01:35:59 am »

I haven't seen either, but this could be relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_door

Yeah a LOT like that except without a top half.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: September 12, 2010, 06:40:09 am »

My current thought. Im at FMA:B ep 52, and all I can think is there are still 4 hours left, and the finale is awesome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: September 12, 2010, 07:17:27 am »

Sounds like a dodgy way of creating a secret passage, to me...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:16 am »

I have one silly question but I've seen this twice. It is half-anime related

I've seen these sort of doors used twice before... Once in Fatal Frame and once in Detective Conan. Basically it is a door that is really small as if only the bottom half of the door was there.

What exactly are those for? One time it was for a secret entrance but the other time it was for the basement.

If its what I'm thinking of then it has something to do with respect/trust or something. I remember one time in Japanese class we went to this tea house and there was this tiny door that was said to be used as the actual entrance for the purpose of a tea ceremony for warriors where they'd have to leave their weapons outside and crawl in. They basiclly have to trust the host that there won't be someone on the other side sword out to chop their head off. Its been while so I can't recall the specific details but its something along those lines.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:27 am »

That seems dumb as hell, and this is coming from someone that thinks their 'penis parades' are actually pretty average.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: September 13, 2010, 12:06:16 am »

FMA Brotherhood is not season 2....i started watching it and its just a remake but tries to copy the manga.....worse art, worse voice acting. sucks.
Trawling through the beginning of this thread I stumbled upon this.

pfffffHAHAHA

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: September 13, 2010, 12:13:07 am »

I had a giggle fit when I read that.

hihihihihihihihihihihihi
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: September 13, 2010, 12:41:11 am »

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: September 13, 2010, 11:07:59 am »

Wow... that was quite a while ago.  Okenido was still around.

Nevertheless, ahahahyahahahah.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: September 13, 2010, 11:44:56 am »

Good job.
Looks like you missed my point completely.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: September 13, 2010, 11:50:03 am »

See, that's because I was responding to Neoniveks point.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 2193