Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075967 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4365 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »

Yeah, yeah.  I was watching it with my ex and need a little bit more time before I'm going to feel good about it again.

I do want to finish, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: September 07, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »

What manga are you in to?

His and Her Circumstances, Deathnote, Dragonball, One Piece... Ranma 1/2 and so on.  I also have a soft spot for Samurai Deeper Kyo and Blade of the Immortal.  I recently started reading a little Letter Bee as well, which is pretty neat.

Unfortunately, I own all of Monster but my kanji skills aren't up to snuff yet.  Need to go study more, because I really want to read that and the Kino's Journey light novels.

You own this stuff Vector? Or am I missing something? If so, that is a fine collection of wapanese literature. I only have the first volume of Battle Royale myself.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: September 07, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »

TTGL lost some steam during the 2nd season, but still remained awesome enough to, well, be awesome to watch. It gets better as the final episode closes in.

If you liked TTGL but didn't feel it was enough, watch diebuster/gunbuster. Gunbuster is a classic with the best theme song ever, while diebuster is the sequel which is basically TTGL, but with boobs instead of phallusdrills as its theme.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4368 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:45 pm »

Oh man I can't remember, I just hit a certain point and just started glazing over all the details because the show was failing spectacularly to keep my interest held, stunning animation or no. Plus, it was months and months and months ago.

Sorry if I've been a tad rude Vector, I've been listening to some angry music lately and I feel a might more aggressive as a result.

To Itnetlolor though, don't watch Naruto. Just, don't.

Or Bleach.

Or Inuyasha.
Too late on a couple of them:
Naruto- Just started

Bleach- Keeping up with the dubs pace. Impatience would make me watch the subs. I'm okay with it so far. I'm in the 160 EPs (IE- Filler Season. From what I recall, this is better than the Bount Arc; at least action-wise.).

Inuyasha- Watched pretty much the whole thing once or twice sans final act. Probably the first anime I liked because it was the first one dubbed I could watch, and it also had more continuity than the shows I was watching at the time (cartoons especially). I mean, I was getting bored with Family Guy and Futurama after the nth loop on [as]; so I though "what the hell", and decided to make sense of the show after blind judgement initially. Of course, it was Lupin III that really got me interested in anime to the point of giving Inuyasha a shot.

I think I have the special kind of mind that actually kept track of all sorts of details from mundane to ridiculous. I mean, I only got lost with Lost by the final episode, but besides that, I had no problems keeping track; heck, I was spouting theories faster than my siblings, and as the show was going as well. Half the time, I was correct on my predictions. With that in mind, when I continued Inuyasha, I remembered every detail beforehand so I knew exactly what's been going on since before the cheap end before the final act. I attempted to read the manga the rest of the way and it did spoil a few episodes; still remembered the details years after glance. Hell, I even watched a good deal of Rave Master and still remember where I left off; provided I snag that show.

I dunno, maybe I don't get as bored with things as quickly as everyone else does. Then again, I suppose a reason I started watching anime in the first place was because I ran out of things to watch initially (cartoons, sci-fi, primetime, (sur)realityTV. [INSERT_GENRE_HERE]). I guess that was when Sci-Fi started to turn lame and repetitive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:13:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: September 07, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »

TTGL lost some steam during the 2nd season, but still remained awesome enough to, well, be awesome to watch. It gets better as the final episode closes in.

If you liked TTGL but didn't feel it was enough, watch diebuster/gunbuster. Gunbuster is a classic with the best theme song ever, while diebuster is the sequel which is basically TTGL, but with boobs instead of phallusdrills as its theme.

Except that Diebuster inspires bouts of spontaneous vomiting instead of manliness.

I will never stop arguing with you over this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: September 07, 2010, 09:06:28 pm »

You own this stuff Vector? Or am I missing something? If so, that is a fine collection of wapanese literature. I only have the first volume of Battle Royale myself.

Yeah, I own all of it in Japanese--bought a whole bunch of stuff used, and I tend to spend all of my gift money on books (Japanese or otherwise).  I should take a picture sometime... my room is almost 100% bookcases.

Nah, I mostly realized that I wasn't as into Giant Fights as I was characterization and philosophy.  I don't like shoujo either, though, so I end up stuck without much to watch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: September 07, 2010, 09:08:50 pm »

Except that Diebuster inspires bouts of spontaneous vomiting instead of manliness.

And I will aways wonder how can you despise something such as this
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:39 pm »

And I will aways wonder how can you despise something such as this
...did she just kick a black hole in half?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: September 07, 2010, 09:29:34 pm »

Indeed.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: September 08, 2010, 01:42:59 am »

... my room is almost 100% bookcases.

I....

I think I'm in love....

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: September 08, 2010, 03:33:58 am »

So I'm about to start Berserk.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: September 08, 2010, 06:50:07 am »

... Last Exile?
(...)
7 or 8 times.
This series deserves multiple viewings.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: September 08, 2010, 09:00:21 am »

Nah, I mostly realized that I wasn't as into Giant Fights as I was characterization and philosophy.  I don't like shoujo either, though, so I end up stuck without much to watch.
That does sound kinda... limiting, yeah :P.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: September 08, 2010, 03:57:02 pm »

So I'm about to start Berserk.
Great stuff, just don't expect any closure from it since the anime only covers a single arc of the manga, which is huge and still unfinished.

People often complain about old style, boring animations outside of combat, but really, if you're watching it, its because of the fight scenes and the multiple crossing of the moral event horizon.
Oh, and the absolutely glorious ho yay, can't forget it, ever.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:01:37 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: September 08, 2010, 04:07:42 pm »

I'm reading the manga, actually - just about to finish Volume 3.

This is a ridiculously manly/badass manga.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 2193